What does Sup Forums think about Cyborg being on the Justice League?

What does Sup Forums think about Cyborg being on the Justice League?

Affirmative action hire.

I have my reservations about it.

Sure he's half robot but he's also half human

I think these threads need to stop

WAHHHOOOOOOOAAAAGHHGHHHHHHH

NIGGERS

ARE

SHITTING

IN

MY

URETHRA

Miss you J'onn.

this bait thread is made 3-4 times a week.

Every team needs a tech expert. I guess Batman knows technology thoug.

Fuck off with these bait threads. Also kill yourself op.

its fine. hes too old to be a Teen Titan anymore.
I don't like how the nu52 erase his time with them tho.

exactly, but for the sake of diversity they added a useless niglet

How the fuck is this a baiting thread? I legitimately wanted to know what Sup Forums thought of Cyborg in the league.

Cyborg growing into the League is fine. Cyborg being a founding member is not.

He should be trans and gay

I feel very lukewarm about it, he's pretty much a plot device in almost every Nu52 appearance

Haven't read his solos, I assume they're not very good

I liked that he was in injustice though

So you're a newfag. In that case lurk more or kill yourself.

Wasting a spot that could be taken by a better character

I'd prefer Hal jordan, martian manhunter, green arrow, Or even hawkgirl or something. I like him in the league but he shouldn't be a part of it before them

I'm not even remotely a newfag. I just haven't put much thought into it until now since I hadn't read much of Geoff Johns' JL run up until now.

This.

OK so you're just retarded. I feel bad for you but you really should kill yourself.
>I'm not even remotely a newfag.
You sure proved me wrong.

He shouldn't be apart of the main 7, and he's only there because of the Teen Titans cartoon and he's black.

I like it. Especially if we get him chilling with his best buddy, Shazam.

>OK so you're just retarded. I feel bad for you but you really should kill yourself.
Go fuck yourself, I was legitimately curious, you piece of shit.

user, I assume you're at least 20 years old, why are you being a child?

Literally the league's bus

We have had this damn thread at least 4 times this past week. Not to mention the countless 'ugh why cyborg' threads since hes been a jl member. its been discussed to death.

Sup Forumsmblr doesn't like disagreement much.

I feel Martian Manhunter should've stayed on the League. The New 52 was a hamfisted approach to brand synergy just like the Inhumans, but complaining about this got you accused of being a nostalgiafag.

J'onn's been on the League more than any other character since the 50's. It's pretty unfair to his fans that he gets sidelined for five years and counting, just for an attempt to get a cinematic universe going.

I don't actively dislike Cyborg, but I don't care for him either. I didn't like the association he was making with the Metal Men, because in the event of a movie that would've sidelined Will Magnus from the protagonist's role.

>Look ma, I told someone to kill themselves on the internet again!
le epic post, dude! upvoted for sure! :^)

No.

erase Cyborg
don't bring back the Martian
give me Black Canary, as it was before
also, two women in the League would work fine

It could've been cool if they tried to do anything to distinguish him as a member of the team.

But they didn't.

I don't like that Wonder Woman design. It looks like someone started drawing it from the bottom and decided not to finish the costume when they go to her shoulders.

>This thread again
Ok I'll bite. Like the character, doesnt seem right for him to be a founder, but more of a progression towards joining the JL. He needs to be fleshed out more with side characters and arch villains. Still feels like Batman is there tech guy, Cyborg is more of their bus. Like that he has the alien tech upgrade though. Id say hes the most background character of the current JL but that unfortunately goes to Flash

You could replace him with a guy named Bert who happened to find a motherbox and it would make no difference at all.

You know that's not actually true I bet Bert would have better interactions with the rest of the members.

The fuck are you saying, I know Bert. Ber's a bro. Don't compare him with that faggot ,Cyborg.

Cyborg isn't the tech guy, Batman's the tech guy. Cyborg is just Batman's smartphone.

I know. That's why I said Bert would probably have better interactions.

Bert's got a really funny story about how he once saw a horse kick a groundhog over a fence. That's more than anything Cyborg has to offer.

Rule of thumb.

If you make a machine character and it's not a weirdo robot ranging from "autistic, kind, trying to understand humanity" to "DIE MEATBAGS", you fucked up.

I can replace him with a coffee machine and no one would notice.

But Cyborg has always been part of the justice league. He was one of the first members. Don't you remember?

Bullshit. If you've been here more than a fucking month you would have run into at leas ten threads of cyborg in jla bitching. You're either New as fuck or baiting.

I'm fine with it. I never found J'onn that interesting and always sort of wondered why he was on the team.

To be fair for me there are only 5 members I care about being in the Justice League which are:

>Batman
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>The Flash

I'm not too fussed about who the other two are.

I got a black friend at work who really enjoyed the new cap movie but wasn't to hot about the new supes and bat movie I think it's becouse the other had black Heroes in it, I kind of understand where he's coming from though, especially this day n age. So to answer your question I think dc made the right decision , we all want to self insert .

There is literally no reason Jonn could not have been on the team as well as Cyborg.

And Cyborg is boring as fuck. He has no use beyond team and even then, that was a tool they've been using for decades. They don't need a personified version of that.

You know the sad thing is I want Cyborg to stand alone but lately it seems like he can only work on a team (TT, JL). I havent read his solo book but damn do they need to do something with him.

Do you think Cyborg can really stand on his own as a character?

>A cyborg so OP that he has the entire internet in his database and once stopped multiple terrorist attacks at once while torrenting GOTG
>Useless

Better than Martian Manhunter, but he hasn't been used well. I kind of wish they would have just put him on this new Teen Titans team as a mentor or something, just so we get that classic team up again.

They wanted him for Stormwatch.
He was in Justice League, but he mind wiped them and joined Stormwatch, who he later also mind wiped and left to joined JLA.

He does plenty of things.
I mean he was one of the main reasons they were able to beat the Crime Syndicate in Forever Evil.
He also did some pretty decent things in his solo comic.

They need a good writer to come in and create a full on OC rogues gallery for Cyborg as well as a supporting cast (he's got his father but otherwise his supporting cast is lacking).

If you're a member of the Justice League you need to be able to stand ALONE as a character. Look at the other six members of the Justice League they all have their own supporting cast plus unique villains and Cyborg needs that too.

Hire someone good and basically let them have free reign on Victor Stone. He's young and black so you could create some really topical villains and supporting character which also speak about timeless things. But don't focus on that shit and make it tumblr-tier focus on Cyborg himself and what makes him worthy of being on the Justice League.

After a year or so if his ongoing is doing well even give him an OC sidekick.

Victor Stone is an opportunity to breath fresh life into and expand the DCU. If they actually tried.

What? How can you say he can't work solo when when you never even gave his solo book a look?

I really liked some of the ideas in the last thread we had about this, with a Cyborg solo going full cyberpunk and having transhumanist themes. I actually do agree in that even though I've never found Cyborg all that interesting, he can POTENTIALLY be very interesting, if they made his book all about technology and the effect it's all had on people, both good and bad.

They could even do some really weird things with his powers too. They could even give his cyborg body biomechanical elements to it. That could be something.

good

He got to stay out of the clusterfuck that new 52 Teen Titans was

I don't like it

Pretty much every character has potential. It's why the Golden Age characters have been around so long. It's just about getting the right writers and artists on the characters.

But with Cyborg they needs to give the writer pretty much free reign and have him do all sorts of shit as well as creating and establishing OC villains plus support for Cyborg.

You misuderstand, what I mean is hes primarily only been popular by association with a team and doesnt have much right now. I actually want to read his solo to see if that changed a bit

He just doesn't mesh well aestetically. He sticks out and worse yet, he is under utilized and poorly written. I could forgive the looks part if he at least had a decent arc to justify his being there.