Why does gaining superpowers also lead to thoughts like "I'm going to run around in my underwear/swimwear"...

Why does gaining superpowers also lead to thoughts like "I'm going to run around in my underwear/swimwear"? It seems like a bad idea in general.

And I don't mean from the real world point of view because I understand sex sells and such, I mean from the in-universe perspective of the characters

when you are bullet proof or can fry someone with a lightning bolt who is going to tell you what to wear.

It's not underwear/swimwear. Leotards are what some athletes wear. We could use more track style costumes too though.

Also depends on the powerset.

Did you see that episode of JL:U where someone made fun of wonder woman's outfit? Cause, it answers that question pretty accurately.

I've never seen that Storm costume before. Fanart?

video game, Marvel Nemesis. PS2, OG Xbox, GC

From the thumbnail I thought she had a bulge.

According to Pheonix Jones, people wear superhero costumes so they can be self identified. Like is some guy is dealing drugs the police can't go randomly investigate, but if a guy in a bright shiny outfit goes over, the cops automatically think something is going on and have a reason to investigate. Also so people who need saving know who they are.

Why not dress sexy if you have powers?

Answer me honestly.

This.

I genuinely think, when I look at a costume with bare thighs vs. one without, "that person is more gymnastic than the asshole in the pants"

When it comes to Storm, she canonically didn't see the big deal about being casually nude around everyone.

Flaunt it, if you've got.

sort of depends on your setting.

For example, in a superhero setting I had, the focus hero starts out as a vigilante and non-state registered hero. So he's constantly changing up his costumes in his early days with the only connecting themes being that they will cover him head to toe, tend to be on the bulky side (obfuscating hair, skin, eye color, and even build to a limited extent) and the tendency to wear a huge coat over them.

Of course, all that's done to conceal identity.

Though another benefit of not focusing on sexy in your costume is having more pockets and places to keep stuff. But you can still be sexy and do that.

there's this though as for reasons why to go 'sexy'.

Perhaps one of the biggest reasons though is one that's often lost on practically every hero who isn't Superman or Spider-man: concealibility.

Supes and Spidey will change into costume pretty much the instant they see danger because they wear their costumes under their day-clothes, to do that, their costumes need to be slim, form-fitting, and a bit on the light side.

I wonder how many people reading X-Men today know just how weird Storm was when she was introduced. I mean today she's more of the "older confident leader" type.

Storm was always a slut.

Well, man. When i started to work out and change my body for the better, i changed my wardrobe and started to wear more revealing clothes. Nowadays i practically walk with my ass naked in full view of everybody and i love when people stare with lascivious eyes.

I guess the same happens with super-beings. You gain cool powers, nice body, your confidence sky-rock, so you know...

Sweaty leather bikini? perfect role model for kids

If I was a girl I won't dress like a stripper. For all the feminist empowering bullshit that says you should be able to wear what you want, getting
seen as a slut first, hero second still hurts. It's not like I'll have the urge to slut it up to the max so why do it and impede my super-heroing.

Women aren't taken seriously enough in the military. What would you think would happen when they start parading around in their skimpy stripper suits? Catcalls and sexual harrassment and you won't be able to argue against it 'cause you were begging for it dressing like that. Heck you might even get raped 'cause you had it coming.

Be pragmatic about it.

I was playing Marvel Nemesis for the first time a few hours ago, and when I fought Storm, this costume caught me by surprise and turned me on

>you were begging for it dressing like that
TRIGGERED

storm never feels cold or hot, she always feels at the most comfortable temperature.

when she lost her powers feeling cold in winter was something new for her, or something she hadnt felt in many years.

magik has a demon body

rogue most of the time is fully clothed to avoid touching people, and most of the time she has the powers of some super strong person.

Read this.

>Women aren't taken seriously enough in the military
Because they demand lowered standards in training. It completely misses the point that training is supposed to prepare you for real world combat situations. ISIS isn't going to go easy on you because you're a woman, so your drill sergeant shouldn't either.

Athletes wear those uniforms because of specialized purpose, regulations, and highly controlled environments.

There's pretty much zero reason for respected heroines to walk around in panties or a swimsuit. Not to mention when you interact with villainous men 24/7, it's usually not the best idea to try and thrill their most base desires. Same goes with all the young male heroes they work with.

I mean it's a comic book so it doesn't have to make sense, I love watching half-naked women in action, but your response is dumb as fuck. Gymnasts wearing leotards don't really have shit to do with anything.

>Why does gaining superpowers also lead to thoughts like "I'm going to run around in my underwear/swimwear"?

Because it brings out exhibitionist tendencies. You've got these great powers, you want to show them, and yourself, off.

>"Practicality" can go shove it, "modesty" can sit down and rotate, I can throw a bus and get shot by a cannon without flinching, I'm going to show off.

To be fair, Wonder Woman's outfit bringing on criticism was brought up in her second-ever appearance, Wonder Woman Comes to America, when some well to do Washington DC ladies comment on her outlandish appearance. She was specifically designed to be eye-catching and out of the ordinary. Which is really true of all superheroes, to some extent. Most just never get it commented on.

>MUH REALISM
go fuck yerself, seriously.
You and every unfunny webcomic Seinfeld schtick

This is what actual ppl who kill each dress like

So you're taken seriously

isis hates fighting women because they believe if there killed by them they go to hell

I can control the weather, why wouldn't they take me seriously?

because people are stupid. in society perception and reputation is more important than who you are and what you actually do.

But I feel the perception of me practically being a demigod because I'm controlling the weather saving lives and kicking ass right before their eyes would outweigh my attire. I mean it's not like it's some abstract skill like being good at math or a nifty singer. I'm pretty sure my physical displays of power would awe the majority of people.

that's what you feel but people would just see some niggerslut who can make it rain. like every little bit of your action will be interpreted in lens of niggerlsluthood. come on make it rain for me, baby, shake that black booty.

>look at that slut controlling weather
>what a powerful slut!!

if yer talking about Storm, she was a goddess for a while and ProfX had to convince her too put on clothing all the time as Xman

>the feminists can control the weather!
>who's the say they can't control your sperm count!

Shiet nigga if I see Storm dressed like that, I'd let her do whatever she wants to me

>tfw no hot delicious brown sunbathing in the nude and you walk in on her and she's like "hey, wassup"

if i had super powers i would work for the government beat the shit out of non super power people

>work for the biggest thug
smart lad

My thought is always that dudes making comics have no idea how annoying and difficult it is to be active with a bikini made of vinyl constantly causing you wedgies. Then you get to the designs that are essentially thongs in back. Like Psylocke's design... yeah fuck no to running in that.

As a woman, presuemely, you have no idea how impractical and dangerous unitards/onezies are for men.
The irst few seasons of Star Trek New Generations had the cast wear tight future spandex and the the actors literally begin to have back problems from the constant tension the fabric required to remain wrinkle free, and ladies, ladies COCK AND BALLS do not like to be scrunched up in tight places all days. They switched to the now familiar two piece outfits later.

So yeah, shit goes both ways, at least stupid cunts actually wear thongs and yoga pants in irl.

>walking around town, slapping the shit out of everyone i see
>suddenly a voice behind me
>"cease and desist in the name of justice"
>turn around, ready to fight this wannabe superhero
>see scantily clad brown goddess
>dick goes diamond and hinders my movement
>cant take my eyes off her tits, didnt see her readying up for a roundhouse
>before i fall unconscious to the ground, the last thing i thought of was "puffy vulva"

do you have pics of the original ostumes? im not a star trek guy

left is season 1-2, right later ones, the men wore the same unisex outfit. The overall tension was provided by stirrup leggings.

is that why prof x is in a wheelchair now

Storm isn't really the best example of this, considering as how being an exhibitionist is an actual character trait that she has. She'd fly around all day naked if she could.

She's not the X-Men's exhibitionist: that's Psylocke, Storm is the X-Men's resident nudist. (it's a whole hippie Earth goddess thing with her)

>(it's a whole hippie Earth goddess thing with her)
What I meant.

how come half are missing their kneepads

why's that guy got a bright ass blue pistol

Why the fuck is he holding it sideways

This is what jackasses with more money than sense with a military boner dress like.

That's cause Psylocke used to be a plain Jane English girl. Then her brain got put in a super sexy ninja girl body. She got the ultimate make over, and loves to show it off.

oh Jean

They all have bright blue pistols. The other officers have their pistols in their holster.

Why he's got it sideways is he is a jackass.

they're prolly dumb hick cops on weekend "terrorist" training.

>exhibitionist
>nudist
>posts clothed
Who the fuck cares? That's not what those words mean.

If I had superpowers, nobody could force me to wear clothing again. NOT THE POLICE AND NOT YOU MOM!

Yeah, but why are they that obnoxious blue? For what purpose?

There's no point in having them highlighted. Even the dangerous sleeping pot heads are going to assume groups of men storming their homes are armed.

is it a drill, practice, stock photo?

they are not real, it's a training gun, a plastic replica

Ha ha, well I'm a fan of proper freeballing for the gents as well. If you go to cons, you realize that all the spandex bros would have to be in dancer belts or tuck because their junk looks horrible in it otherwise.

I'd post a picture of Boner Robin, but I just ate.

are you stupid?

Weird, I thought fake ones had to be orange. At least that makes sense though.

I think supervillains have better things to do then go raping people
Unless your doctor light I guess but fuck that scene it was fucking retarded

>implying the patriarchy would condone women dressing like sluts
>implying rape culture won't scare women into puritan clothing

I think guys prolly thought safety orange looked too faggy for "real men," kek

Maybe one of the still unknown earths is an earth where rape culture is a thing that auctualy exists

Now I feel like playing some arcade fps games.

Superhero costumes, not just the sexy ones, would only ever be worn in the first place if the person wanted to be flashy. The whole genre is full of stupid shit that you're better off ignoring than trying to justify.

>There's pretty much zero reason for respected heroines to walk around in panties or a swimsuit
There's zero reason for 99% of superhero costumes at all.

Capeshit doesn't work if you break it down "realistically".

Actually, and trust me here because I know my perversions, you can be an exhibitionist even without going completely nude: the defining factor is getting cheap thrills by being sexually provocative with your body, not just exposing yourself. Of course, most exhibitionist males aren't big on subtlety like the ladies usually are.

Daily reminder capeshit is literally meant for 10 year olds and no matter how many blockbuster "kino" they make, no matter how many grimderp shit they publish, it's still cheesy juvenile power level fantasy.
It's for kids, manchilden and those young at heart, and should be kept that way.

pika pika

>He actually believes this
99% of children don't give a fuck about comic books now unless it's the movies.

>implying that isn't what is 100% wrong with the industry

>99% of EVERYONE don't give a fuck about comic books now unless it's the movies.

And another point for the side of dumbing down every last bit of culture to the lowest common denominator!

>capeshit
>culture

If i were a super-human and had great body i'd dress like Namor, do weird and sexual JoJo Bizarre poses and talk all faggy and predatorial to men and women like the Joker.

I'd be a sexy god, pure sensual flavored power. Hear me roar!

Fuck off Alan.

Wasn't there a fandom conversation about this subject in the past? What did they conclude?

If I was built like the average superhero, I'd wear as little as possible.

I'm sorry I assumed exhibition was the definition of the word. Quite frankly as slutty as people dress these days, you'd have to go out of your way to be provocative. Or perform publicly.

We've had this many times with many different conclusions.
IT doesn't matter.

Kneepads suck to wear.

Blue guns are training guns, hence the blue tape on their mags.

He's holding it sideways to see the sights through the vision port on his ballistic shield.

Why would you try to seem like you know what you're talking about, when you clearly don't?

Superheroes are basically build like Greek Gods, is it any wonder that they only wear a little bit more than Greek Gods?

tfw gay pride parades are actually superhero get-togethers

Let's look at this from the psychology angle,
You get bit by a radioactive Kryptonian and the next thing you know you're a superfriend...
Normal rules don't apply to you anymore, rules like gravity, yeah, but also rules of behavior, of society: you run into burning buildings, you knock down brick walls to enter a room, you give orders to police officers when shit is going down, alien planets don't shock you anymore, And you've gotten a sexy superbody and are surrounded by a half-dozen super-sexy bodies in skintight bulletproof spandex every day...

Would wearing a suit and tie be normal behavior when that's your world? Wouldn't THAT be weird?

das from 30's swimsuit, Greeks wore this

I believe this 100%

that's not a Greek depiction of a God, that's just what Greek's wore.

>ancient Greek gods wore patriotic swimsuits from 1930's

There is a decent case for at least upper class Greek women also wearing veils routinely, as literature and statuary suggest this.

Depends. Greek Gods would usually wear highest tier regal attire or be nude. But this was because artistic conventions. Nudity of women wasn't usually kosher. To the Greeks atleast.
The Romans I believed lightened up.

Greeks were huge women hating fags tho

Secret identities are the Superhero version of being in the closet.

Is that TTG?

A TeenTitan's Go tribute variant cover for Supes.
Those were all great. Usually variants bring the lame.

Does this self awareness stem from shame?

Is that question a response to something specific posted here?