Reminder we are entering the era of American automotive dominance

Reminder we are entering the era of American automotive dominance

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-future-mobility-autos/china-e-car-venture-future-mobility-names-brand-byton-eyes-u-s-europe-idUSKCN1BI1G6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What kind of car is that op

California startup Byton

Not knowing Tesla

I drive a '97 Subaru Outback

Yeah sure. Are there even other brands than Ford, which are widespread in Europe? Seen a Chevrolet dealership here, but never seen one on the road. It's the Asian/German era. Ain't gonna change that fast.
P.S
Maybe a bit French too.

>normalfags still believe american cars can't turn even though muscle cars are dominating the race track
My next car will be a Mustang GT and my dream car is a GT350R. God bless, but unironically

2-0

Why is there a massive distracting screen in the place of a dashboard?
Why is the front window so small?
Why is there a screen in the middle of the steering wheel?
Where are the pedals and gearbox?

Because it's 2018

im not some nationalist retard but I have always bought domestic cars. I don't know, juts feels good cruising in my cutlass in a sea of shitty korean cars

The really sad thing is, that this could be a Audi or BMW. Modern cars often just lack a certain something. We need to get past the smooth sucked Bonbon car. If that makes any sense in English.

Lol no

Rule Americana

>passes your ultra expensive German spaceship
>smile to yourself smugly because a turn is coming up and inferior burger brick will have to come to a screeching halt
>attack the corner, and feel the magic of european engineering as your lightspeed automatic gearbox bangs through gears in an instant, aerodynamic surfaces change shape for maximum downforce, and your all-wheel-drive system sends power the wheels that need it most, with hybrid power punching you into your seat at the corner exit
>you look on ahead and see that the Camaro has actually gotten further away
What do?

I saw a fuck load of Teslas in Orangeland and Norway. Bizzarely also saw a decent number of Cadillacs and Jeeps in Sweden.

German branded cars designed by a Korean and manufactured in South Carolina from Mexican parts.

>I saw a fuck load of Teslas in Orangeland and Norway.
The gov makes them very attractive tax wise.

>Bizzarely also saw a decent number of Cadillacs and Jeeps in Sweden.
New money rich people cars.

t. American

Ah I totally forgot the Jeeps. You won't see a Cadillac here, but a Tesla from time to time.
That's globalism. Can't produce them All in Germany, because that would cost too much money. A shame really, but car company's aren't non profit organizations.

>tfw no BBC inside you

The new Jetta is doing to be 100% Mexican also. It's the first car their letting VW Mexico design.

Funfact: BMW and Mercedes built in Latin America and South Africa have higher reliability indexes than those built in Germany.

t. former technician

I will never buy a non-Japanese car
I love Japan

Interesting, if it is true. Wonder why.
I'm too tired to think of any reason.

Sleep well.

The impression I get is that the factory workers in Germany see working in a car factory as a second rate job and don't care very much while in poor countries working for BMW or Mercedes is a big deal and people put more effort into it. Also the metal they use in the Mexico plants is better quality for some reason. I don't know why. It's the same way with Ford engines built in Mexico contrasted against engines built elsewhere and it's been that way since the 70s with the V8 blocks. Steel is cheaper there maybe?

>cutlass
Ironically the best modern day boats are made by Korea and Japan. V8s too.

lol

>2018
>automobiles

>Ford
>Chevrolet
Did you read any of the posts prior to yours?

>his entire country was built around the fact that nobody could afford cars

Sadly true.

>No American brand builds a true V8 RWD luxury car anymore

The closest is a Chrysler 300 and that can barely be called luxury. Genesis barges are pretty nice though too. It's too bad Mercedes doesn't offer the non-AMG E-Class with a V8 anymore and that the V8 BMW sedans are so fucking expensive now.

I bet $500 the Cadillac driver would win in a race against the BMW driver.

The fuck are you saying

I wish they made the Cadillac CTS-V MK III better looking. It pales in comparison in aesthetics to the BMW M5 even though it's far superior under the hood specs wise.

nobody could afford cars back then thats why they built commieblocks and not anything else good

BMWs aren't about speed they're about comfort, they're engineered in a way which makes them smooth to drive.

That's the old M5 though. The new one seems pretty fucking amazing. It'll be cool to see it go up against the facelifted CT6 with the twin turbo V8.

This. New Caddis are going to be styled after the Escala though, and finally dropping the god awful plastic touch pad monstrosity that is CUE.

and the cadillac isn't?

>BMWs aren't about speed

Modern BMWs are neither fast nor comfortable compared to their competition. They're good at make ugly crossovers and stupid gimmicks but that's about it. The M2 is the only good car they make right now.

Panther platform forever!

What is this, 1958?
We are nearing the 3rd decade of the 21st century. American domination of any sort at this point is a joke. The only people you can dominate are europeans who have been sucking your cock for 70 years. The future belongs to China.

BMWs are still faster than all of their equivalent competitors from the Euro, Korean and Japanese counterparts apart from Jags and some Cadillac models.

330i is faster than a C300, IS300, Q50 2.0t, A4 2.0t,
535i is faster than an E350, GS350, Q70 3.7, A6 3.0

Don't post am*rican cars to me EVER again retard

I agree but that's only because they moved away from Mechanical Engineering, they're so infused with EE parts now that if circuitry gets damaged they can't even run.

I honestly feel sorry for you if you buy cars for speed. You aren't a billionaire enthusiast, stop pretending to be one and stop pretending you're in Initial D you fucking retarded weeaboo faggot.

commodores are garbage

god i fucking hate driving i hate it so much. why do europeans make it a point to drive cars that require more input than is necessary?

>I honestly feel sorry for you if you buy cars for speed. You aren't a billionaire enthusiast, stop pretending to be one and stop pretending you're in Initial D you fucking retarded weeaboo faggot.

Are you retarded, or can only rich people afford fast cars in your country? My first fucking car was a used AMG Merc that I got for cheap and drove to 210,000 miles. Now I have a shitbox Hyundai Sonata as a daily and an old 560 SEC and an E39 540i wagon as a project, both were also cheap.

No, I just don't look at speed when I purchase a car, I drive them to see how they handle and check their parts for reliability because I am not a teenager or retarded.

Are you implying that fast cars are unreliable because my family and I have had Lexus and Merc V8s that have taken us past 200,000 miles without any issues.

Very American post

>putting more effort into time wasting

perhaps it's newer factories? not all factories are built with the same technology and funding.

Sounds more like a Chinese post tbqh

Doubt it. A lot of these Mexican and South African factories are almost as old as the German plants, some of them older. BMW, Merc and VW have been building cars in Mexico and South Africa since like the 60s.

>US
>gearbox

This time it's fully fully-automatic gearbox.

all the shitty parts are gone, all that's left is what you need to get from one place to another with as little input as possible

Did you get dropped in your head as a child? Sometimes I forget how stupid Americans are but you remind me when you infer things that were never implied in the first place. Fucking hell.

>I don't look for speed I look for reliability

Sounds like you're mutually excluding the two from that and your previous statements. Perhaps you've been stung by one of your deadly animals and your mental capacity is now limited and you're venting it through insults.

Um...
reuters.com/article/us-future-mobility-autos/china-e-car-venture-future-mobility-names-brand-byton-eyes-u-s-europe-idUSKCN1BI1G6

Just so you know, this car is actually Chinese.

Nice render, call me once this is finnished in real life in big numbers.

You live in America, don't call anyone else stupid mate, it's sad.

What is the point of such a top speed in a country with speed limits?

>god i fucking hate driving i hate it so much. why do europeans make it a point to drive cars that require more input than is necessary?

Because europe has an enthusiasm for traffic islands and driving stick found only in the spergiest people elsewhere.

try driving 3 traffic islands back to back stop-clutch control-second gear-third-round-indicate-second gear then slightly screwing up and your instructor driving you home.

its 2018 there is no reason why britain cannot be mainly auto transmission,austalia is mainly auto and so is almost everyone else.

For the /o/ dude, with his custom skull gearstick classic mini with top gear stickers thats cool for them but do we all have to be like that?

its like the people who insist that everyone use arch. and compile everything from source when debian works fine if you are not too severely autsitic about it.

>auto transmission
>gps
>nice interior
>roomy

all good.

>thing that's basically a tv while you drive, or the car drives itself.

worries me, people don't need to be more dumbed down than they are currently.