I see a lot of Americans on Sup Forums talk about Los Angeles like it's the worst place ever. What's so bad about it?

I see a lot of Americans on Sup Forums talk about Los Angeles like it's the worst place ever. What's so bad about it?

They are jelly because they live in some dusty flyover shithole with no culture

Sup Forums fags butthurt because it has everything they hate

Valid about New York, not LA.

No, Sup Forums gives a pass to New York and other U.S. cities for some reason.

everyone on Sup Forums hates cities, the bigger the city the worse it becomes

Too much traffic, insanely high rents, low wages, homeless everywhere. Terrible, terrible, place.

it's filled with mexicans

Population Density: 8,483.02/sq mi (3,275.32/km2)

Is there even room to breathe?

The only legitimate bad thing about Los Angeles is that there's a scarcity of housing that developers are struggling to keep up with and as such, housing costs are fucking ridiculous. Rents are about $1400 minimum for a crappy studio in a crappy area.

Because, in many ways, it feels like a third-world country - from the rampant property crime/thefts that police ignore, to the teeming homeless masses literally camping and shitting all over the sidewalks, to the unlicensed merchants setting up illegal stands and stalls without fear of police enforcement, to the musty putrid summer air, to the constant scams and ripoffs and endless grifters, to the throngs of people gibbering in foreign languages as they toss their trash all over the place.

Some people try to describe LA as a "Spanish"-influenced city, implying some sort of connection to the Hispanophone world or its culture. WRONG! You are more likely to find groups of Kiche speakers from backwater Guatemala roasting rat-meat in the park and living 12 people to a room than to find someone capable of reading Cervantes or something. Or Mixtecos who don't even speak Spanish at all despite having Spanish surnames. That's the kind of city that LA has become.

But sure, if you're already rich and can afford to isolate yourself from 95% of the city in your mansion, then go for it.

>it's a "every poster who doesn't want to live in a crime-ridden, overtaxed favela full of vapid people either goes on Sup Forums or lives in a barn in Kansas" episode
I hate reruns
better question is why so many foreigners (especially this one Australian who appears in every thread which mentions California in any capacity) insist on playing CIDF all the time, as if they somehow have some valuable insight into the situation which we Americans don't posess.

That pics not in LA, and Guatemalans are literally better immigrants than Mexicans. LA was literally founded as a Spanish colonial city btw. Are you some sort of Indio hater or something?

LA is also one of the safest large cities in the country. I used to drive a limo in LA and the only people I had problem with were drunk assholes in Hollywood and Venice.

sounds like mexico :3
why are guatemalans better than mexicans?

Don't know. They just seem to work a lot harder, assimilate into the middle class pretty quick and I've never known of any that act ghetto or like wannabe Narcos. Their only issue is that some of them are public drunks, but Mexicans can be the same way too.

LA's murder rate last year was over 3 times higher than Toronto, a city with significant difficulties of its own. Property crime like car break-ins is off-the-charts; police in LA don't even bother to record most such incidents, let alone try to stop them.

>Are you some sort of Indio hater or something?

What role do they have in a modern western economy? What is the purpose of bringing them all the way from a Central American village to LA? It's absurd. In the US, healthcare expenditures alone are over $12 per hour worked. This means that if they are making less than $12/hour, they are literally having their healthcare subsidized with public money.

are most of them indigenous?

It's not that bad, but whenever i went there the traffic was literally unbearable.
t. San Diego

The image I had growing up is that it's full of vapid superficial people who flock there for the entertainment industry. And also that it is a suburban hellhole and not a dense livable city.

In real life the second part might be changing though (compared to other American cities)

>San Diego

You basically live there

>Toronto
A cherrypicked Canadian city? Irrelevant, like I said, LA is one of the safest big cities in the US. That's a fact.

>What role do they have in a modern western economy? What is the purpose of bringing them all the way from a Central American village to LA? It's absurd. In the US, healthcare expenditures alone are over $12 per hour worked. This means that if they are making less than $12/hour, they are literally having their healthcare subsidized with public money.

What purpose do the White hicks that come here from the midwest to become movie stars but end up becoming drug addicts serve? Sounds like you're just looking for reasons to blame Indios who are only a small percentage of the migrants here. Most migrants in LA currently are mestizo Mexicans, Filipinos and Chinese. All the Guatemalans I've known own small businesses, work as gardeners, are mechanics or nurses. A lot of Mayas also got here claiming refugee status following the Guatemalan civil war and they're legitimately some of the best immigrants here. They don't whine and try to form ethnic movements like other minority migrant groups do.

In LA the Mexican population is pretty mixed. Most are mestizos from Michoacan and Durango. We get some Indios from Chiapas and Oaxaca and some Whiter Mexicans from places like Jalisco and Durango, but for their most part they're lower middle income mestizos. Most of the indigenous here are Mayas from Guatemala.

I'd say it's "densely-suburbanized" in a lot of areas until you get into the "exurbs" of Los Angeles and into the Inland Empire, etc. This is not a great arrangement, since it means that lots of people are living in overcrowded low-rise apartment buildings and homes on small lots, but it is still too suburban to support a proper mass-transit network. You still need a car to get around properly.

Literally the majority of crime in LA is committed by black people.

i was asking about the guatemalans. also
>tfw m*stizo from michoacan

>What purpose do the White hicks that come here from the midwest to become movie stars but end up becoming drug addicts serve?

I think we all agree that if they had immigrated to Guatemala City and done that, Guatemala would have every right to deport them back to the US.

LA is not nearly as black as it used to be. It's literally only around 8% these days.

>I'd say it's "densely-suburbanized" in a lot of areas until you get into the "exurbs" of Los Angeles and into the Inland Empire, etc. This is not a great arrangement, since it means that lots of people are living in overcrowded low-rise apartment buildings and homes on small lots, but it is still too suburban to support a proper mass-transit network. You still need a car to get around properly.

True, but that type of stuff is mostly south central. It's not that bad in the rest of the city. South of 10 is fucking terrible though, i'll freely admit that.

>LA is not nearly as black as it used to be. It's literally only 8% these days.

Yet they manage to commit almost half of all crimes in the city. It really does make one ponder.

I don't know what you think, but CA actually does deport immigrants whom commit crimes. I don't know why red staters think we don't.

thas racist

>I don't know why red staters think we don't.

It's a total mystery!

poster is pulling information out of his ass because he met 2 mexicans and has 1 guatemalan friendo. This entire board does this shit. Do you know how many people of an ethnic group you'd have to know to make a claim like that. I've met like a dozen Guatemalans and they fucking suck

what do you think about mexicans?

Except that guy was deported. Several times. He was a literal schizo and snuck back in.

Talked to a girl from Chicago who said she'd rather live in some shithole in Colorado than any big American City.

>my anecdotal evidence is better than his anecdotal evidence because I say so

I'm part Mexican and literally half of the people where I live are Mexican or other Central American. So why does your personal experience trump mine exactly?

>I'm part Mexican
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

why does that make you so upset? Why do you care if Americans choose to inhabit more areas of the continent than just the three you learned about in school?

Said Americans are poorfags who can't afford to live there and enjoy a middle-class lifestyle.

Sour-grapes basically.

it's not a city, it's a big neighborhood

Talking to someone from Los Angeles and expecting them to not be Mexican.

>shithole in Colorado
Yeah those mountain resorts are such shitholes. She sure is down to earth for wanting to live among regular folk like that.

Or do you mean Denver, which has legal weed and wants to think of itself as Seattle (who wants to think of itself as San Francisco)?

tldr, you know shit about America

ever seen the movie bright?
how the top 5% of elves live in luxury and everybody else lives in squalor?
thats LA

Bright was Hollywood elitism: The Movie.

Realistically the class divide goes more like

5% mega rich
10% rich
25% upper middle class
25% middle class
25% lower middle
10% Poor as fuck

Everything. It's filled to the brim with communists, niggers, and spics while being a polluted, crime ridden, shithole with absolutely nothing to do. To make it all worse its inhabitants are a bunch of valid idiots so far up their own asses that they refuse to see any of this despite the rest of America repeatedly informing them of the myriad reasons it remains one of the worst places on the planet.

It actually used to be great. Then liberals and Mexicans turned it into the new Detroit--Now it is the Mexican Detroit all while the liberals there still think it is the LA it was when it was great.

Probably worded that bad, hate cities myself. Always wanted to do a road trip through flyover states.

>shithole in Colorado
shitholes don't really exist in that state desu