It's the Seinfeld of movies:

It's the Seinfeld of movies:

A movie about nothing

aaaaand this is why we have capeshit

>Oh man death and disease! So deep!

Go post on your Livejournal

It's not deep. It's just not about nothing. Is even this distinction beyond your meager capabilities?

What is it about then that Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead or Day of the Dead by George Romero already didn't do better? (Striving for survival can make monsters of us all! SO DEEP!)

Childhood is thinking Seinfeld is a show about nothing. Adulthood is realizing it's a show about everything

Did we watch the same movie? That wasn't a theme I noticed at all. I watched a movie about a man doing his best to protect his family, but he was just a history teacher not some epin survivalist, and his limited knowledge of the situation led to tragedy.

>(Striving for survival can make monsters of us all! SO DEEP!)
>he says as he unironically praises other movies for the same fucking thing but MUH EPIC ZOMBIEZ XDD
Really making me think here.

O... kay? Is the message that we should all train INNA WOODS before shit hits the fan? Or something (((DEEP))) as "death is inevitable" even through our best planning?

>Romero movies have characters, world building and things that actually happen! God they suck!

It's well shot, sure. That's it. But like the movie Midnight Special, it'll be gone like a fart in the wind.

>he's still trying to elevate muh zombies to anything but schlock
Zombiefags are unbelievable.

Movie reminded me of Prisoners in that it showed how familial ties can become dangerous/creepy in high-stress situations.

>Is thee message that...
There's no message. It's a movie about a family told from the perspective of the father and son. It's not LE SOCIAL COMMENTARY FAEC. What's actually fucking wrong with you? Even Freud in his most coked-out womanizing moment knew sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Let it go man.

Wtf

Yeah and?

Then it's pretty shit art wise - other than a few cool images like the lantern in the wooden house, I basically got nothing out of it. Maybe I could go full Sup Forums and pretend it's about interracial couples are the silent disease

>Then it's pretty shit art wise
back to your gender studies class kid

Don't know what that means - but I just like either good and well made movies with good characters or artful slowburns. This movie is neither.

The VVitch is a million times better.

Oh really? There's a nigger and a landwhale couple in this?

There are two couples in the movie - the main character white dad who is married to a black woman. Then a hispanic guy named Will married to a white woman.

The black kid has a dream where hes about to have sex with the hispanic guys wife and has black goo poured on him instead

To me the best possible interpretation of this movie is that racemixing is bad.

It's the former. Just because it doesn't try to BTFO BLUMPF or hamfist shit so bad you can't distinguish george lucas from george romero doesn't mean it isn't a good move.

kys

>To me the best possible interpretation of this movie is that racemixing is bad.
What if you just interpret it as a story about what happens on the screen?

Jesus fucking christ

>here are two couples in the movie - the main character white dad who is married to a black woman. Then a hispanic guy named Will married to a white woman.

Jesus fucking christ

>It's the former. Just because it doesn't try to BTFO BLUMPF or hamfist shit

Movies aren't made in a vacuum. If this movie were made in the 1970's, both couples would be white. (which I'd prefer if the movie didn't have anything interesting to say)

>you can't distinguish george lucas from george romero

When did I do this? The Romero films have amazing world building, like the helicopter ride in Dawn or seeing the city in Day.

Then you're an idiot.

It's My Wife's Son: The Movie

>The Romero films have amazing world building
They have high school tier symbolism hamfisted retarded themes. Only the first movie is any good.

>see it's in a mall because we're all like zombies lol

That's honestly a fair criticism of Dawn, but its likable outside of that due to its characters and awesome moments like the opening news broadcast or Italian style gore and quotable lines

>We got this man! We got this by the ass!

remake of dawn was unironically better

I don't know if I'd go that far - the reason to leave the mall was laughable and the zombie baby yeesh, that was laughable. The relationship between the cop and Andy was maybe the best part overall though and one of the big reasons I rewatch it.

I did like Andy's Tape and the News Report special features.

Just came back from this. Why didn't anyone warn me

True but the point was that It Comes at Night needs some deep social commentary in order to be good. Citing kick-ass lines doesn't really support that user's claims.