Why are Scandinavian movies so gloomy?

Why are Scandinavian movies so gloomy?

Eastern Europe is actually Hell.

>American education

>Scandinavia=Eastern Europe

What did user mean by this?

Because it is very dark and gloomy in the winter there

because scandinavia is gloomy. its cold, its rains a lot, winters last forever etc

They live in permanent winter and the people there are literally black and white.

fordi der er ingen grund til at være glad

det er det da

okok, der er flæskestegssandwiches

du har ret

someone needs to cheer them up

Because it's cold.

Fortunately for me, I like it cold. I burn very easily in the sun, but I practically never freeze.

Because Scandinavians are shitty people and they deserve everything bad that happens to them.

slap lige af, fissedreng

Jeg kjenner ikke, snoen er vakker

t. Swede

Put on some warm clothes Muhammad. Sweden is paradise in so many ways but all we do here is complain about shit we can't change.

People think Scandinavia is like 8 months of pure winter and then summer and people seem to think it's just a cold frozen hellhole with no sunlight.

Actually, the winter is the second best part. The problem is that it only lasts for like 3-5 months unless you live way up north. Summer is great, but short. The real problem here is the stuff in between, which can only be described as a permanent limbo state of the changing seasons, where it's basically cloudy, mildly rainy but rarely eventful rain, vaguely cold but not really cold, just a waiting period. That's what fucks me up the most about living here. The city centers are a night and day difference when comparing summer to e.g. late autumn for instance.

That being said, I don't even find Scandi media that gloomy. There's a lot of gloom in American media as well, and especially stuff like Korean cinema which is just downright brutal at times. Russian cinema on the other hand is just on an other level.

t. a finn (i know what the definition of scandinavia is but the climates are more or less similar)

If muslims were raping all the women near you, you'd be gloomy too.

people think scandinavian cinema is only Lars Trier and Refn

maybe Vinterberg

Finland has Renny Harlin ahahaa

Speak English you mongoloid sperm-spawn.

>Sweden is paradise
If you're mudslime sure

sut pikken

Yep, New England is kinda similar. Well--spring is bad because it's often 40-50 degrees F and raining, and summer is really nice. Fall is just about perfect though in NE--45 at night and 60 during the day. Winters can be pretty harsh though.

As someone who lives there, it's because our countries are idyllic, picture perfect happytowns on the surface but there's a darkness bubbling underneath that film directors like to examine. We have very little crime and are all very healthy, but there's rampant depression and a massive pressure to be a successful member of society and to constantly display this success to the world, and very few feel like they are living up to this standard. Everyone thinks everyone else is living the dream except them. It's like a twisted utopia.

>mad Scandinavian sub-human murmuring his barbaric language

nu synes jeg lige du burde trække dig fra din pc og få noget luft

ellers kan jeg ikke love at jeg holder kammertonen

Sweden plz language

Only user in the thread that got it right.

Well, weather finn is also partly right.

>scandinavian

give me at least five scandinavian movies that are gloomy

>mfw a Scandireddit vomited up his "language" near me

For everybody. We have it good financially, we're healthy, intelligent, have beautiful nature, beautiful women, great summers etc. We're live in one of the most privileged parts of the whole planet and we still find time to bitch and moan about the fucking weather. Every fucking day.

Calm down Sven. I know you lot have a tendency to blow your brains out, but don't take any rash decision.

Danmark, skede

Idioterne
Festen
Jagten
Pusher 1
Pusher 2
Pusher 3

>butthurt American who doesn't even have his own language or culture belittling others

Toп кeк

Can confirm after visiting Sweden, the place looks totally idyllic and perfect and the people are happy and polite, but if you ask anything difficult or try to get a sense of who they are as people they get very evasive and distant. The outward hostility and disapproval of the Chinese was actually more endearing.

Yea Finnish cinema is an abomination (we do have god-tier Kaurismäki though and that's about it)

To be fair Scandi-cinema intended for Scandi audiences is mostly awful shit regardless of country.

Fuck you you piece of human filth, it was an innocent mistake

*ignorant mistake

fixed that for ya

>calling that written abortion language

>pusher 1
>pusher 2
>pusher 3

your base is belong to us

Oh yeah...well you got fucked by Germany during WWII

>nordictard redditarian using runic cyphers on a Mongolian puppeteer forum
shouldn't you be cleaning the muslim filth from around your female relatives' orifices before you have to go to be, Hrothgar?

flot billed, din lort

we made a killing selling pigs to the nazis

ez money

This is true and it is the reason for OP's question. This is fact, despite the two being separate entities.

I wanna live in Iceland one day. What are some good icelandic movies?

Dancer in the Dark

y-you too

Jar City

>american education

gor det for hende

top konefu

what about the culture of fat ass and double cheeseburger and getting cucked by negros