ITT: Obscure Sup Forums vidya

I know it's a Superman game, but is it at least passable? I never hear anyone talk about it, not even to shit on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Heh7nfdLy0o
youtube.com/watch?v=qSNgXKCwLwo
youtube.com/watch?v=hRU2Sfzg5tU
youtube.com/watch?v=cKYg6ncIIq0
theguardian.com/technology/2002/mar/15/games.advertising
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's better than Superman 64

That's literally the same as saying "it's a functioning game in the most basic sense of the word"

I've actually never even heard of this game.

But the Gamecube Superman game, Shadow of Apokolips; and the Xbox 360 Superman Returns are actually not bad. I don't understand why people say a Superman game is something really challenging or difficult to do when these games are just a little polish away from being great.

I feel like Children of the Atom gets overshadowed by the rest of the MvC series despite it having much more interesting art and game direction in my opinion.

I bought an Xbox just for this game after I read a preview in Official Xbox Magazine.

It's not that great.

I really liked Batman Vengeance back in the day.

Dark Tomorrow is hot garbage and its a shame because it features Cass Cain, and I remember it having a pretty strong story.

Superman Returns is pretty fun, though it's pretty rushed

Oh god, Dark Tomorrow was literally the most disappointing game I've played in my life. I mean, the first thing you see is THIS kick-ass intro
youtube.com/watch?v=Heh7nfdLy0o
And then you get that fucking shit-ass gameplay. Even the UI blew monkey dick. And it's a damn shame too because it was the first Batman game in a long time actually based on the comics.

You know I remember playing a hulk game and a superman game when I was younger but I for the life of me can't remember the names.

Any deets?

I have a feeling you're talking about Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

I liked the first MCU Iron Man game.

LOL that game was such a pile of shit but boy did I play the fuck out of it when I was a kid
Pop in some cheats and just ignore the objectives to smash shit

CRY FOR THE MOON!

>ultimate destruction
>pile of shit

You're fucking retarded. It's one of the best superhero games ever made.

I've always wanted to play it, I feel like it has a worse rep than it deserves

I did too. It's a shame that the second one is so horrendously shitty though, I was hoping for improvement after the first

Does Hulk only have good games?

>LOL that game was such a pile of shit but boy did I play the fuck out of it when I was a kid
The fuck are you on? Perhaps you're talking about this?

Anybody play Justice League Heroes? I wish it had more replayability, and a sequel that fixed its ugliness

That's the DC MUA clone right? Pretty decent from what I remember, and the skins were baller. Shame it never had a sequel.

I played it on PSP. Really impressed me for an Ultimate Alliance knockoff.

>powers that uniquely interact with environment
>cars shake when you bump into them/jump on them
>robot enemies fall apart as you beat them up
>Superman's shield move is just him putting hands to hips and taking the hits like a man
>all kinds of costumes and extra characters and shit
>far better framerate than UA I or II or XML2

A review I read complained that Zatanna's bunny transformation power was OP, but nigga you don't have to put points into it

I heard Batman Begins was actually not bad

>Xbox 360 Superman Returns
that game sounded so cool in the Game Informer issue that first revealed it, but the final execution is kinda lacking

it was not really, the batmobile sections are the closest we will ever get to burnout again and the interrogation mechanic was nice

wow just like Superman Returns

>Does Hulk only have good games?

Does this answer your question?

I was under the impression that Shadow of Apokolips had unresponsive controls. or is that limited to the PS2 version?

Add a friend you would get motion sickness after playing a video game for an hour or two, he got motion sickness after playing this for 5 seconds

Surprisingly, it's a lot like a proto-Arkham Asylum.

I wish Capcom made a Vs. artbook.

The very rare instance where the movie tie-in was sooo much better than the movie. The DoFP on here looks way better than the movie too.

I wish Marvel would buy Raven Software from Activision so they can get back to making good games

>Raven Software
>X-Men Legends 1 and 2 - Fucking fantastic 9/10s
>Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 - 10/10 easy
>X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Better than the movie, a first for movie tie-ins

How can ONE COMPANY be SO FUCKING BASED.

>They've become a COD factory

lol those are the only CoDs i've liked

Singularity was their last chance at being a solo developer it seemed. I loved that game but I bet it sold like shit.

Holy shit, JKII and JKA are fucking great. Amazing mod factories as well.

Yup. Its pretty much a meme at this point that you cant do one.

Then dumb devs think those pre-existing systems arent good or worth improving based off that meme, cant come up with anything else, and just dont make anymore games

Treyarch, Vicarious Visions, and Raven Software only do dlc for shitty Activision franchises

X-Men: Mutant Academy 2 was pretty cool. You could unlock shit from the first X-Men movie (art and costumes) and even unlock Spider-Man (a great way to promote Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, 'cause the ending of arcade mode for Spidey was a trailer for that game).

Play it again, is great, not just good, great.

Anybody else play this? It was pretty fun.

>Xbox 360 Superman Returns
>actually not bad
Bullshit. That game was one of the shittiest games ever. A supposed fully interactive city, free roaming sandbox play, etc.
It had a huge playing area, but there was no way to just explore because every 3 minutes the same group of baddies would pop up and start wrecking things, and causing the "City health meter" to go down. You had to use cheats to turn off the meter just so you could fly around and explore.

Also "fully interactive" meant you could pick up cars and people, throw them, freeze them, or burn them. No real dialogue, no buildings to enter, non of the stuff they made us believe the game would be, which was a full on sandbox type of game.
All we got was the same handfull of baddies, who would attack several times, then bring out the Boss, then lather rinse repeat. Until the city's 'health' ran out.

Oh, and the Bizzaro/Myzyzptlk hidden mini games? Same thing as the regular game only reversed. And the unlockable costumes? Big deal. You do the exact same shit but with a different suit,

The Arkham games were very similar, but they had so much more going on. At least they held your interest, and had some clever bits. This game was boring and stale as hell.

Its reskinned sequel was pretty goddamn fun.

Dude, it's one of the best Superhero games of all time. Probably dated now but it was insanely fun when it came out, decent campaign and generally fun freeroaming.

and with good reason it was a fucking piece of shit

looks fun

>>Superman's shield move is just him putting hands to hips and taking the hits like a man
oh god thats glorious

Why the fuck you're not playing Sgt Rock's GAME?

They did.

i dunno i think cod is kinda fun (that said i havent played a cod game in a while so maybe they turned to shit)
still a shame thats all those companys do anymore though

Fuck yeah Hexen.

This game was bad, you shouldn't play it.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter is somewhat forgotten as well.

>shittiest games ever
I take it you've not played many games?

Here's something you sure as shit wouldn't see today.

Your looking at it through nostalgia. I tried it out again 2 weeks ago. Holy shit it's fucking awful.

This is a remake of Frontline, the arcade/NES game.

Treyarch are the ones who are keeping CoD afloat at this point.

I love this game but you can't deny that flash was the OP character

As he should be.

Game also gets props for having not just the Golden Age Flash skin, but also Wally, whose costume (correct me if I'm wrong) is near identical to Barry's.

That is a really eclectic selection.

This is too recent to be obscure but it will be in a few years.

How was it? The fact that you had to pick from three pre-created characters instead of making your own really turned me off. Really seems like a total bonehead move for the premise.

is that mario?

bad, very very bad, which dissapointed me greatly.

It was fucking terrible.

>x-men legends 2
>jedi outcast
>jedi academy

fuck, I grew up with those games

I bought this for two bucks at Gamestop

Why did I do that

Don't think it counts as obscure, but for me the Batman Begins game was lots of fun, i replayed it dozens of times as a kid. It had fun stealth, special batarangs and moves, unlockable costumes and the sections with the Batmobile, although sometimes frustrating, were the coolest shit

You were swindled amigo

>nes-barker-bills-trick-shooting.jpg

GEE I WONDER

This was a thing, apparently.

It make look generic now but I wasn't the biggest DD fanboy and this cancellation broke my heart

youtube.com/watch?v=qSNgXKCwLwo

Aquaman: King of Atlantis and conqueror of Rogaine.
I QUIT

The udon mvc artbook m8, it has art from all the vs games

Oh i remembered it just recently , it's worst than i remembered, funky music tho

The proto arkham asylum came back way earlier m8, and it's a steaming pile of shit, comfy exploration tho

It can't be as bad as the movie

You be the judge
youtube.com/watch?v=hRU2Sfzg5tU

the movie wasn't that bad

It was the worst superhero movie of all time.

Catwoman isn't a superhero

You know what I mean. Worst cape movie of all time. Can't say "comic book movie" because there's even worse in that category, like Barb Wire.

>Better than the movie, a first for movie tie-ins
Do you even Goldeneye?

I remember getting this game as a gift at my 5th birthday party, it was at a bowling alley.
It was garbo I'm fairly certain

So bad it killed Silicone Knights. But they were being dicks at the time so they kind of deserved it.

Shadowman
youtube.com/watch?v=cKYg6ncIIq0

theguardian.com/technology/2002/mar/15/games.advertising

Holy shit, are those Ennis and Wood meant to be Garth Ennis and Ashley Wood?

Oh god, thanks for the link!
yup

Ennis also co-wrote the Ghost Rider game alongside Jimmy Palmiotti.

It could have been cool but they were lazy AF and it was just shallow and repetitive

Was this any good? I dig the New X-Men costumes but the gameplay itself seems kinda assy.

How does someone make fighting Sentinels boring?

Silicon Knight found a way. To be honest, after you hear how bad their project manager was, you can understand. They just had horrible management.

>Bad touch Sgt. Rock, bad touch!