Tell me about the free software movement in your country

tell me about the free software movement in your country

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>free software movement
Is this what hippies, communists, and potheads are calling piracy now?

There isn't enough

Say that to my face cuck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software

my professor said that stallman is a crazy communist

Then why not just say open source? "Free software movement" just sounds like lefty newspeak for "man..like, why should we have to like pay for stuff man?"

free as in freedom

or libre

but that's what it is

Just as I thought. I always trust an eastern euro to recognize commie bullshit.

Put the fat faggot up against the wall.

Stallman would die in a fit of turbo autism if he read this

I always try before I buy

he is crazy, but not a communist
he came to my university and an actual commie asked him about communism and he was like “wtf I don’t care”

yet another example of what Sup Forums does to people

Except open source is willingly made free by the creators. "Gree software movement," and I could be wrong about this but I'd bet my bottom dollar I ain't, probably has some bullshit about ignoring/expropriating for profit licenses from their legal owners, ie piracy. If it didn't there'd be no need for the newspeak. Am I wrong about this?

Fuck off.

>fat hippy looking man talking about >free anything
>how dare you be suspicious
No you fuck off.

All software is free in my country)

Are you the guy who used to post under "Actually an American" name. You sound too stupid/underage for a Russian.

Proprietary software shouldn't be a thing

>private property shouldn't be a thing
Yup, communism.

What...?

Yes and I'm 31. Communism is shit for shit people.

>Except open source is willingly made free by the creators. "Gree software movement," and I could be wrong about this but I'd bet my bottom dollar I ain't, probably has some bullshit about ignoring/expropriating for profit licenses from their legal owners, ie piracy. If it didn't there'd be no need for the newspeak. Am I wrong about this?
I actually became stuped after reading this. Please don't post as anonymous so the I can filter your posts. Thank you

LIBRE, NOT GRATIS!

Some business use that because is free, and most of the time are worst for the workers, other than that nobody cares, you should choose the OS based on the programs that you want to use, and the programs based on your needs, if the free programs are ok for your needs, you can try

no, in fact the FSF supports copyright strongly

why don't you just learn about this instead of just pulling at straws like a fucking retard?

>open source software is communism
Your brain on America

It has nothing to do with communism you absolute fucking idiot. Go read a book you literal retard

Because when you go throwing newspeak around from fat hippies you make a certain first impression. Do tell why you need such a ridiculous name for something we already have a word for if you're not deliberately attempting to obscure some nefarious or extreme position? What the fuck was wrong with open source?

Fuck off, kike.

>what are synonyms
>what is the use of adjectives as descriptive words

>WAAAAHHHH STOP USING WORDS I DONT UNDERSTAND!!

You know typing “fat hippies” a hundred times doesn’t make your political views correct?

Even public offices use pirated Windows. That counts, right?

You're completely free to charge for free software as you see fit.
Stallman makes it sound like esoteric bullshit sometimes but it's a pretty simple and reasonable concept: once you pay for software, it's all yours, just like with any other goods. You get access to the source code, you can edit it, distribute it, whatever.
Not having some kike developer breathing down your neck 24/7 is the fucking opposite of communism if you ask me.

And I still trust the Romanian and his professor more than you faggots.

Ah so he wants to expropriate source code from the legal owners against the wishes, got it.

Oh look it's communism.

No, kike, you’re not allowed to spread your hatred and slander. I’ll tell you once more. Fuck. Off.

>expropriate source code from the legal owners against the wishes, got it.
Wrong

Not what this says faggot, see:
>You get access to the source code, you can edit it, distribute it, whatever.

Who gave this disgusting mutt subhuman a visa to go to Russia. Someone needs to tell Putin to poison his coffee already.

Don't be so extreme.

It's strictly the developer's choice what license they use, all he's doing is promoting his
I've never heard Stallman say that he wants to kidnap Bill Gates and relicense Microsoft Office under GPL or some shit

Okay then we all have a word for that: open source. Why did he need to couch his position in pseudo-revolutionary language if all he's supposedly doing is supporting an orthodox position? It's completely self defeating and it presents his views as extremist even if they may not necessarily be.

So in conclusion: he's still a stupid fat fuck of a communist for being completely ignorant of the concept of marketing.

Almost every OS and programs we have are "free",

>Okay then we all have a word for that: open source
JUST GO READ THE FUCKING GNU PAGE ABOUT THIS

WE AREN'T GOING TO EXPLAIN THE WHOLE FUCKING THING TO YOU

THEY ALREADY DO THIS

OPEN SOURCE VS FREE

JUST FUCKING GOOGLE IT

here I did it for you
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

Nope. Got shit to do.

Protip: if you ever want to be taken seriously by adults don't put the words "free" and "movement" anywhere in the name of your cause.

>Nope. Got shit to do.
alright then, don't pretend like you know what it means then

Holy shit how dumb ARE you?
Nobody wants to strip people of their licenses. It's a movement about encouraging the development of free code