Why do Americans get so butthurt about learning Spanish...

Why do Americans get so butthurt about learning Spanish? It's proven that learning another language makes you more intelligent and it exposes you to new cultures and ideas. But for some reason, Americans get so triggered when you suggest they learn Spanish.

Same reason I don't learn american sign language to talk to Gorillas.

I have no desire to speak to individuals limited by that language.

Nothing wrong with learning another language, we just don't think that we should be forced to learn the ugly language of fat, brown peasants. If for some odd reason you want to learn that ghastly language, fine, but don't force us to learn it when there are tons of objectively better languages and cultures that we can learn about.

we get triggered when in our own country we are forced to learn Spanish, just to compete with illegal immigrants who barely speak English. There are parts of San Diego where literally no one speaks English, and all stores and signs and shit are in Spanish only. Why can't spics learn the language of the country they move to?

I know a little bit. I lost most of what I learned because I never really used it though.

Yeah I don't really get that either. There's a large pool of native speakers available to help, plus you get to eavesdrop once you're fluent. It's win-win.

t. Anglo who speaks decent French (and the Frenchies hate it)

I'm exposed to their shit culture and crap ideas on a daily basis. Also, I'm given the option to press 1 for English, so fuck em

>romances languages

Because those fucking spics run across the border, set up their communities and expect Americans to assimilate to THEIR culture. They don't even know what the Oath of Allegiance is FFS!

I know a decent amount of spanish and plan on learning more just so I can be bilingual.

However, there are a lot of motherfuckers that move here, live here for over a decade and still cannot speak any fucking English.
If you move to a country you need to learn the dominate language

Because I don't visit Mexico?

>Why do Americans get so butthurt about learning Spanish?
It sounds fucking disgusting. And I'm trying to learn a different language.

Please don't learn Spanish, in fact you should forbid Spanish in America.

Every person who claims to speak Spanish in America, just talks a cuban-puerto rican creole, which actually hurt my ears.

learn more you need to learn more.

I learned German instead.

if there's nothing wrong with learning another language, why am I racist for thinking spics should learn english to communicate in america

Mexico is visiting us. :-(

STOP FUCKING REPLYING TO SHILL THREADS!

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS

Nothing about knowing Spanish makes you smarter. Being experienced to the beaner language poisons your mind.

But OP, niggers speak both ebonics and english and they're still dumb as shit.

Same with spics, they speak Spanish and English and they are only slightly less dumb than niggers.

Multilingual white user here.
Lived in Brazil, learned fluent Portuguese.
Picked up Spanish living in Florida.
Speaking Portuguese and Spanish is a cool novelty trick but I now I find myself constantly having to look up words in English. It's like my brain just dumped all my English SAT level words when I learned Portuguese. This week, I had to look up prognostic, gregarious, and assiduous. These are words I once had in my vocabulary and used in day-to-day conversations, but now I speak like a fucking idiot from having squandered so much time conversing with low IQ third world mestizo shitskins.

Sage goes in all fields in all fields

Spanish literature is top tier honestly famalamam
How did you guys let it go this far though, yoi have guns don't you? Why didn't you do something?

its the chan faggot, you can do whatever you want

>suggest
>force

Pick one.

>muh Donkey Hotay

Eat shit and die lesser Latin language aka spanshitskin

T. Daco-Roman

>speaking broken spanish
fucking chicanos motherfuckers, I hope Trump wins and deport all your fucking asses to the place where you cowardly run away like filthy rats
you're not gringos
you're no latinos
you're fucking nothing

Commiefornian spotted!
Nahh I live there too and I speak a lil bit, because you gotta know if Mexicans are talkin about you

No don't do it. I don't wanna hear that broken spanish. Fucking don't.

Wish the spics here learned english without the accent, but if they are after 30 that is pretty much impossible.

>MEN

hmm makes me think

At what level do you speak Spanish or portuguese?
>American banter
It's neither a bad book nor the only relevant one there is.

They get butthurt because they are only used to the broken version of Spanish they hear from Mexicans, not the top-tier European one.
Their loss

nice palindrome get

Why are you so butthurt about Americans not learning Spanish? We don't need to learn shit, end of story. Get fucked nerd.

>Inb4 colombians, venezuelans, equatorians and mexicans go 'best spanish in the world

You'll never beat the god-tier argento Spanish.

I'm learning German, which is in a higher tier of difficulty than Spanish. Checkmate.

First you learn Spanish, next thing you know your grandkids don't know what germ theory is.

>Muh Gabriel Garcia Marquez
So #inspiring

The issue is that we are expected to learn Spanish while the illegals won't learn a word of English. The national language of the United States is English. if you want to live here, learn English. Don't expect everyone to learn the language of your homeland..I wouldn't go move to China and not learn at least some conversational Mandarin.

This is especially true for those illegals that have been living here for 20+ years and even have kids who are bilingual. How can you live in a country that long and not know the national language? And now they want the rights of a citizen but can't even be bothered to communicate like one.

Why would spics be reluctant to learn English?

It's been proven learning another language makes you smarter....

lol anyone who believes this schlock can trade places with me in Miami

And Argentinians You say that while millions of Americans travel all around the world without speaking anything other than English because "they should know muh language. American best language"
And that not only goes for tourists. Americans live here and don't speak a word of Spanish.

You have a problem with Mexican immigrants in America? Force them to learn English or deport them. I, as a Spanish-speaker, give 0 fucks what happens to them. But don't hate on the language, it's not its fault

Grammatical cases are tough to learn but pretty cool once you're able to use them properly. Germans have a beautiful culture too. I wish i had the time to retake language learning nowadays...
Gabo is great, had a very interesting personally too, he could have been an outstanding /x/ browser

>what germ theory is.
? Almost half of american don't believe in evolution so... you might want to fix that first

What is your favourite author/book then, my literature professor?

Fantastisch

The government lets it happen, quite openly.
They bend over backwards to make it easier for Hispanics who are already here. Everything in Spanish and the native citizens are told to learn Spanish. It's linguistic cuckoldry...I wish they were actual Spanish people though. Not low-iq brown hordes from Squatamala and Mexico

>tfw no Spaniard gf

>argentine spanish
>god-tier
I think you're getting confused with Uruguayans bud. You all sound like little girls.

Because English is the national language faggot, you want Spanish go to fucking mexico, it's bad enough every advertisement coddles fucking Hispanics with dual-language packaging. Don't be a cholo

I once tried to help an old Brazilian lady who was leading a tour group of sexy teenage girls. The old sea hag turned to the girls and warned them that I must certainly be a Brazilian who had lived in the US, learned English, and now preyed on fellow Brazilians by pretending to be a Portuguese-speaking American.
I can chat and do business in Spanish. I can also read Spanish but I can't write it very well.

Your accent is funny though (I prefer a neutral accent), sin embargo, su español escrito es mejor; por eso procuro seguir todas las indicaciones de la RAE.

Fuck the Spanish language.

I am learning French and started Italian.

Judge me how you want. IDGAF

Have some Sup Forums shit.

Spain Spanish sounds cool in black and white movies, but from what I see in TV shows these days, it sounds kind of gay.

As with a lot of Texans, I know some Spanish because of growing up with it spoken from time to time around me (and by my grandfather to his Mexican workers he would hire), and also from the two years of Spanish I took in high school.

I can't really speak it conversationally, but I can make basic sentences and understand it brokenly enough to get somebody's point, but they have to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN because Mexicans always seem to speak super fast.

I have a noticed that before. Every Usa gov page i visited had been translated into spanish. It's a shame but that's what the world is now and there seems to be no end in sight. I was very disappointed to learn that we offered services in arabic and chinese to the immigrant groups that can't be bothered to even say hi in spanish

Did the fucking French learn German during the occupation?

Exact same god damn thing.

La RAE se ha convertido en una broma estos últimos años. Han metido en el diccionario palabras como "papichulo". Pero bueno, por lo general sus normas son consistentes.

Y nuestro acento depende de la parte de España de la que venga. El gallego es particularmente gracioso.

20th century Spanish in movies was god-tier. Now it's less good though.
What Spanish shows have you seen though?

I don't understand why we teach Spanish in schools and not Mandarin. We have been handing the hegemony over to China for years. They have passed us in GDP awhile ago. If we want to be a global nation, we should learn Ching Chong.

kek an Argie "polllllllllllllo" fag complaining about accents.

Americans aren't butthurt about learning Spanish they're upset that dumb spics are turning America into a third world country.

Because no one is ever going to use it unless you go to Mexico or South America.

I asked because a lot of the more sophisticated words -so to speak- in english have a Latin root and tend to sound very much like their portuguese or spanish translations. Old brazilian Ladies are always thinking of sex and rape anyways, she probably was jealous of the teens' youth and looks and tried to ruin the fun for everyone.
>I prefer a neutral accent
What sounds neutral to you might sound jarring to me
A lot of our tv hosts and whatnot are in fact gay

cause it's a stupid language, retarded in so many ways and really hasn't been revised -seriously- in centuries. I live in South America, and I kinda hate spanish desu.

I'm learning Japanese so I can visit onii-chan someday! :3

I do Japanese because I genuinely enjoy learning it. Never enjoyed Spanish the same way

My son is being required to learn Spanish to pass 9th grade
Pretty fucking stupid to be honest, Mexicans are coming HERE and should learn ENGLISH, we should not have to learn their shitty language just because THEY refuse to learn OURS.

La RAE tiene que adaptarse a los tiempos, las lenguas y vocabularios evolucionan.

Lo sé, pero me refiero al acento más conocido; el acento español estereotípico (No tengo idea de que lugar sea)

>Mexicans always seem to speak super fast.
Yeah, some white (Gringo) friends have told me that but i don't really notice it.

which movie is that

>What sounds neutral to you might sound jarring to me
Doubtful, i have asked many friends from different parts of latin america and Mexico and they didn't notice any.

Don't know, saw the webM in some other thread and had to save it.

Stay safe from the Ruskies.

It's a US TV show called Quantum Leap.
Actor is Scott Bakula

Then tell your fellow Americans that when they come to live in SPAIN, they should learn SPANISH.

And btw, not only Mexicans speak Spanish. Maybe apart from Spanish you should learn geography to get your head out of your ass

you have to go back

>My son is being required to learn Spanish to pass 9th grade

That is pure mother fucking garbage!

But we are the biggest native spanish speaking population. Suck it :)

Spain isn't the country sending millions of immigrants to the USA, moron.

>not muh Español!

Fuck off. Guadalajara neutral accent = best accent. No one likes your eh tio bullshit

in a language with such a wide range of accents there's hardly one that you can call 'neutral', there's no universal RP in the Spanish language

Spanish is one of the most important languages in the world, we are your biggest trade partner and knowing more than one language is beneficial for brain and job development, wtf are you complaining about, you fool?

The shitskins go by their own choice. Stop being do sheltered

The fact that students are REQUIRED to learn a second language that we only need to learn because there's so many illegals fleeing to the USA.

>stop being so sheltered
I'm not acting as if it's specifically Mexico's fault, I'm complaining that an English speaking country is now going to be Bilingual because so many illegals are crossing over because of Obama's shit policy.

Spanish is like French or Arabic. I feel dirty and unprofessional speaking it.

Die in a fire.

To be honest my experience with americans expats living here had been really good, most of them spoke good spanish, some of them were even passionate about the culture.
Americans are vro tier in my book

>Guadalajara neutral accent = best accent
Fucking jaliscienses

>makes you more intelligent and it exposes you to new cultures and ideas

wow so cultural. yay multiculturalism! I cant wait to go out and buy a dashiki!

In a community center where I live there's alot of old people that get bused in a play bingo, they play in Spanish, I'm pretty sure they aren't being bused in from Mexico, why can't they learn the language of a country they live in?

man.... fuck god damn you all.

America is continent-sized.

We already have to learn Yankee, and Guido, and Creole, and Ebonics, and Hillbilly.

Yeah, every Spanish-speaker is Mexican. There aren't Cuban, Puerto Rican, Colombian, Peruvian, Argentinian or Uruguayan immigrants, okay

Yes, Guadalajara has a great Spanish accent

>we only need to learn because there's so many illegals fleeing to the USA.
No, you don't learn Spanish because of the immigrants, you learn it because it's one of the most spoken in the world. Stop being so delusional

If you lived where I live you'd see a majority of Americans that don't speak Spanish

Guadalajara user reporting.
Americanos ignorantes. No querer aprender español cuando es una de las lenguas más importantes actualmente.

Don't you get it!

They THINK THE LANGUAGE IS SHIT SPANISH!

They are not Americans they are simply an occupying force.

The white man does not learn the language of savages

i live close to mexico and i never learned spanish fully but i can basically communicate simple things with mexican

english spanish and french are commonly used languages here

I'm learning Peninsular Spanish,

Just to fuck with the Beaners

Give proof learning more languages makes you more intelligent, getting more degrees doesn't make you more intelligent either.

>mexican intellectuals

I already gave you more reasons for learning spanish, you cunt. How is it my fault that your child is too fucking stupid to learn another language? what language would you have them learn, user?

After you, my pal.

>America genocides filipinos who speak spanish
>America tries to erradicate spanish from puerto rico but they failed miserably
>Now they are ethnically and culturally erradicated in their own country

That's why the Spanish conquistadors didn't learn Aztec.
And that's why you learn Spanish and not Aztec.

Enjoy triggering millions of people. It's glorious

No, marica, en verdad espANO(s)L es un lengua por burros borrachos solamente. Also, fuck your stupid accent marks. Come penga, maricon.