What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on this movie?

Personally I thought it was fucking awesome

DIRTY HOE

Absolute Madman: The Movie

It was shit.

True kino. An underrated masterpiece of cinema with no shortcuts taken in its subtext - truly no mainstream family film has tackled post-Reagan, post-9/11 American society quite like this beautifully shot, wonderfully crafted motion picture.

Even little things like the Cat's lawyers - in truth an exposé on the corrupt, bureaucratic nature of Hollywood - ring true.

You know its funny Mike Myers only did the film because other wise Universal would have sued him over the fact he didn't deliver them a based on his skit on SNL called Sprockets. The reason that film wasn't made was that he hated the script which he himself wrote.

I too liked it

Saw it what? 4 times by now

One of the worst films I have ever seen. It's down there with That's My Boy and Batman v Superman

I really liked this movie. It's up there with live action Grinch in the list of movies that are fun as fuck to watch.

>not appreciating true cinema when it's right in front of your own fucking eyes

How can one man be this retarded? Le Chat au Chapeau is amazing; it was absolutely hilarious with brilliant cinematography and colors. Bo Welch and Emmanuel Lubezki deserve far more credit for this work of art than the so-called "critics" have ever given them.

meme

More like a bandwagon than a meme.

As a movie it fucking hilarious, as an adaption its one of the worst ones. I still laugh just thinking about the kitchen scene

>From the same fucker that made son of the mask and Cats & Dogs

I thought it got more flak than it deserves, same with Grinch. Both are entertaining but not very good movies. They're kind of like the Transformers movies.

FIURRRED

>it was shit
>implying your not talking about your first sexual experience

this movie is good stuff, anyone who thinks otherwise is full of themself

Comedy of the decade.

I've seen some shitty things get a contrarian fanbase, but holy shit this movie has the worst fans.

This is the one and only piece of media, Sup Forums-related or no, that I legitimately would not want to ever meet a fan of.

Let me express my opinion of your opinion with this image.

Cant really see the appeal in live action or any of the shit that had absolutely nothing to do with the book.
I wonder how well it would have done had they just animated what was already there.

It had mike myers,that's it I remember shrek 1 was big during that time so mike myers getting more roles was expected.

bad adaptation. great movie.

Why was he so psychotic in this movie? I dont remember the cat in the hat making so many murder and slut jokes.

Shouldn't Post-Reagan and Post-9/11 be two different eras?

Directed by Zack Snyder
:^)

Sucks that this movie didn't do too hot. The live action Dr. Seuss Cinematic universe would have been great.

>Cat in the Hat v. Grinch: Dawn of Christmas

Me and everyone i saw it with walked out on it.It was so fucking bad.

The Cat himself had a bunch of good jokes, Myers really played the character well

The movie itself however was a boring, jumbled mess with terrible CGI scenes and shitty conflicts

I enjoyed the live action Grinch and Horton Hears a Who movie.

gave me nightmares for a few nights

I recall there being a piss joke with Thing 1 and Thing 2

Literally the only redeeming quality was that it looked nice.

>Director of Photography: Emmanuel Lubezki
yeah no shit.

Only liked the scene where he's in the kitchen, it's funny for it's entirety. The rest of the movie is boring.

It's not that this film flopped.

It's that Seuss's widow forbade anyone from ever making a live action movie out of his property again because of it.

Pretty much.

I have a love hate relationship for this movie. It's funny, but it doesn't fit with Cat in the Hat at all.

EASY LIKE SUNDAY MORNING

I miss these weird, cartoony-looking live action movies.

I remember owning a book based on this film

I don't remember much but what happens in here would......honestly make the film even weirder.

The only thing I remember is that in this book, the Alec Baldwin character (I forgot what his name was) suddenly grows to gigantic size near the end and Conrad and Sally have to fight him off to close the crate.

I wish I was making this up.....I really wish I was.

Nigga you best start storytiming this shit.

Sadly I don't have scans for this.

And I don't know where my old copy of this book went.

If anyone can supply me scans I'll be willing to storytime it.

bump

the kitchen scene was the only funny part.

It kept shoving in adult jokes to be funny, when it really didn't have to.

The Grinch was better

>It kept shoving in adult jokes to be funny, when it really didn't have to.

Those kinds of jokes are rarely funny.

Haven't seen it in years and the kitchen scene is the only thing that I really remember, and it was legitimately funny. Must be a testament to how bad the rest was.

I've seen it a few times, but I don't remember anything about it. What's the kitchen scene?

cheap attempt to make it more adult for the adult audiences. Seemed to be a real big issue in the 90s and early 2000s.