Of all the things this movie did wrong i think the worst was actually how badly they fucked up the scene with walter...

of all the things this movie did wrong i think the worst was actually how badly they fucked up the scene with walter and his mother.

although funnily enough a few scenes later they fix the worst part of the comic with the boiling oil scene

The funny thing about this movie is that despite all the scenes that were cut, it was basically only the scenes that were added that ruined it

Like Snyder could have made a better movie by just being lazy

your right

>not reading the original comic
oh right, with summer newfags came.

what the fuck makes you think i haven't read the comic
i literally mentioned them fixing the worst part of the comic right here

meme

with how much people talked about manhattens penis being to big i was expecting it to be a lot bigger then it was

it was still bigger then it should have been but it was just average really

Just curious because I havent read it in a while, what makes you think the fry scene was the worst part of the comic? I thought it was really cool.

it dident make sense in the comic he was clearly acting in self defense yet everybody spoke like he assaulted him and was in the wrong

the movie fixed that with the pause before the oil

although i suppose with most of the stuff related to that cut out it dident matter as much

Sounds like you're the type of retard that thinks Rorschach is anything other than a despicable fascist psychopath

nothing wrong, at all

Of course he's a psychopath but the art in the comic made it look like the oil was done purely to defend himself

I think he's actually just really really damaged, he somehow came out of a terrible life with a strong moral code that's almost correct. If he was in a loving family I could see him being a good politician or a good cop.

It's also heavily implied that he's fairly tarded. In a loving and decent home he'd probably end up as the guy driving the ice cream truck and think he's the luckiest guy in the world. As it is, his terrible childhood turned him onto Justice with a capital J instead of pudding cups. His world view being so cut and dried, black and white wasn't just an artifact of his upbringing an trauma, it's also the fact that both his worldview and himself are about as deep as a puddle.

What
>That random exploding store in the opening
>Changing the entire ending
>Having somebody else say nothing ever ends
>Changing the reason the new frontiersman had nothing to write (admitidly that might have fallen flat without all the prior setup of the comic while got nothing to print because you thrive on conflict is instantly understandable.)
>The over the top nature of the muggers getting beaten up.

>In a loving and decent home he'd probably end up as the guy driving the ice cream truck and think he's the luckiest guy in the world.

He'd sell propane and propane accessories.

What would he do if he learnt his boss was using electric cooking

Make this face before getting served a burger

Another thing why was owlman out there with them in the movie

Rorschach's journal 12 January 1997 that boy ain't right

They should just go through panel by panel animating each scene because amazing soundtrack aside a proper movie dident work

There's already a motion comic.

Oh I will have to check that out.

How to spot a libtard 101: when he throws the word fascist with nothing to back that up.
He's clearly damaged but still the only good guy in that story you libtard.

>He's clearly damaged but still the only good guy in that story you libtard.

Hollis Mason

I was talking about the main characters.

>it's a let's all call Rorschach deranged and awful and pretend he's not sympathetic or tragic episode

I don't understand this meme. Are you trying to bandwagon onto the LMAO HE'S HORRIBLE AND DISGUSTING XDDD train because you're afraid that saying anything otherwise will make people think you're Sup Forums or one of those edgelords who only likes him because he's le ebin antihero?

This. Holy shit, I don't understand why people have such a hard time understanding this. He's an abuse survivor whose shitty life circumstances plus the time period he's grown up in warped his idea of the meaning of justice. Add the extra trauma of the thing with Blair Roche and you have a guy who's clearly suffering from PTSD in addition to the baggage he had beforehand, who's trying to make the world a better place but literally is incapable of seeing how past retaliating with violence.

The people who think he's just a despicable person are just as wrong as the ones who think he's a model hero imo. I think at the end of the day, Rorschach IS a good person; none of things he does in the comic contradict that. But he's just so fucking broken that his trauma and inability to cope with it and his world view are what's holding him back from being a real hero who can change the world in a meaningful way that doesn't end up destroying him or and his relationships in the process.

>he's the only good guy
I was ready to agree with you until I read this.

>>Changing the entire ending
The aliens were kinda stupid.tho

first of, the squid wasn't stupid, second, the movie ending should have logically resulted in russia nuking the states

>I think at the end of the day, Rorschach IS a good person

>The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No."

Rorschach used to be a good person. He isn't anymore.

It really should have. It being nyc instead of Moscow doesn't change the fact that the American living wmd apparently just went insane.

I hated that Snyder justified Oz by having a Nixon caricature inches from the button. Also hated that he too out the scene with all the normals in New York. The whole point of that scene was to show that Oz was just like all the other super heroes in that he held humanity and its ability to fix problems in contempt.

If he meant a word of what he said in that monologue, he wouldn't have reacted the way he did when New York was destroyed.

Or, hell, earlier on when he saves that woman from being raped. Point is, hypocrisy is kind of a big thing with Rorschach.

>literally an anarchist
>see Rorschach as sympathetic or at least pitiable even if I disagree with him
>think he was right at the end in his opposition to Veidt's authoritarian plan to trick people into peace
>but then there's this idiot who thinks Moore intended Rorschach to be a strawman of the opposition rather than a flawed human character

To be fair, Moore hasn't helped matters either by going on the record to say that he wanted Rorschach to be as unlikable as possible. He was apparently genuinely shocked to see that people liked him.

Rorschach wasn't upset that New York was destroyed, he was upset that it was destroyed under false pretense. He hates people. All he cares about is his sense of justice.

He was the only guy to still give a fuck and had the balls to investigate the murder. And then had the integrity to go out like a boss instead of playing a part in Vedt's joke.

I liked that. It was gratifying to see some mourning for him

Wait this means there is animation of tears streaming down ozymadius's face as he realised his gamble

>Actors sounded like they were literally reading their lines from teleprompters
>Pussied out on the Comedian's facial scar
>Zero background on the people in New York, which is such a grotesquely basic mistake I can't even
>Pussied out on Rorschach's origin story
>I don't mind the squid not being there... well, okay, actually I do mind it.
>Hollis Mason gets thirty fucking seconds of screen time

I have been saying this for years and after re-watching it I say it again: this should not have been a movie but a 12-part HBO series.

Great bait, mate.

Oh wait.

No it's not.

Escape in audacity. Create a story so insane people simply HAVE to believe it, because nobody could or would fake it.

A good man does not save garbage.

>He hates people.

I do not agree. He hates hypocrisy, cowardice, dishonesty, compromise and, above all, the destruction of innocence.

Remember the scene when he returns to his appartment and is about to give his landlady the business about her lying to the press, when his eye catches that of one of her bastard children, and chooses mercy over justice.

He's someone who's never comprising who lives in a completely black and white world. His moral code is incompatible with they real, grey moral world he actually lives in. He's literally not the good guy, no one in the story are good people. It's a story about accepting the human condition and making the best of it.

He's a traumatised psychopath who can't understand basic human interaction. There is no "good guy you root for" in watchmen, if you think there is you read it wrong.

>Vedt's joke.

Fuck you. No, seriously. Fuck you.

Rorschach did not have a choice. Neither did Ozymandias.

You have no right to judge Ozymandias. He saw what was happening and was faced with the choice to murder millions or, through inaction, kill billions... as well as the future of mankind. That is not a choice at all.

Even Rorschach understood that. But he could not live in a world where such a choice existed. So he chose death.

That's the point, it's so fucking retarded it literally breaks the comedian.

Anyone that bases their judgement on the theatrical cut has no say in this

That wasn't the aspect that broke him.

Although I have to say that's a weakness in the story.

How did Blake figure out the plan based on what he saw on the island? Did he see the alien queen? But what conclusions could he have drawn from that? I can't imagine Veidt had detailed scripts lying around for everyone to read.

...I disagree, because that was the finished product.

Besides, did the special editions improve the acting and the delivery?

Ozymandias wasn't correct either, he's a victim of his own vanity and egotism. In the end his stunt delays the inevitable and stunts human progress significantly as he can't allow anyone to realize the discoveries he made in the fields of science he made them in. Eventually, as Dr. Manhattan says, time will pass and everything will return to normal. Eventually someone will find out how he did it, how his technology worked, and they'll then have even crazier weapons of mass destruction to use against each other.

There was nothing wrong with the acting, outside of Adrian being a bit too villainous and Laurie having some silly lines, but again they're not badly acted.

Why did Comedian only tell Molach? He could've told literally any other character that couldve affected the plot.

Well, he intended to guide humanity into a better future.

At the very least he bought time.

Russian roulette is still better than certain death.

But it would be interesting to have a sequel in which precisely happens what you describe, the world is going to shit again in spite of everything Veidt does, everything he sacrifices, until, in the end, when it is too late to save the godawful mess they made and thousands gather at the foot of Veidt's scyscraper offices, begging him to let them in for shelter, he stares down at them from his lonely, empty office, and embittered whispers 'no'. The rain drops, black with soot, that hit the window turn his reflection into a familiar mask.

Well, it's how it felt. A bit stilted. Like they didn't really believe in their lines. And yeah, Laurie on Mars was a disgrace compared to the comic.

>Eventually, as Dr. Manhattan says, time will pass and everything will return to normal.

You're mostly right but completely wrong on this. Dr. Manhattan was commenting on the nature of time and how nothing Veidt does matters in the long run, because eventually mankind will find a way to destroy itself, and eventually time will pass to such a point that it could be argued that humanity barely even existed.

I guess he was struggling internally over what to do
Hence when we meet him in the beginning of the movie he's just trying to relax and unwind one final time

He couldn't tell anyone, that would mess everything up. He realized the same thing Rorschach understood in the end: this was the only way out.

I wonder. Could Doctor Manhattan have disabled all nuclear weapons in the world, or even just the Russian ones, quickly enough to prevent disaster? I mean, as a pre-emptive strike. Teleport from base to base to base, and destroy or just disable the launch mechanisms.

Could he do so without anyone noticing him?

...I have to conclude it just didn't occur to him to stop it.

every normie friend i've watched the director's cut with has enjoyed it

maybe you guys have the autism

>le no one in Watchmen is good people

Dan, Laurie, Hollis, the Bernies, those two detectives and Dr. Long beg to differ.

But since we're talking about Rorschach:

>no understanding of human interaction
>psychopath
If this were true, he wouldn't have the ability to recognize that he's putting Dan out, let alone have enough empathy to care about him and recognize him as a friend.

No one is trying to argue that Rorschach is the hero of the story whose morals should be commended. Snyder evidently did and that was one of the key signs that he didn't understand the source material. But he's not just "a traumatized psycho", and just calling him one and leaving it at that really devaules a complex, tragic, interesting character.

>normies
>having good taste
Pick one.

If that blue cunt cared from the start none of this would have happened.

exactly what has rorschach done that's so psychopathic and despicable? admittedly i haven't seen the movie and the last time i read the comic was a few years back, but from what i remember, he only kills criminals and the ones we see him fuck up are all either a) disgusting horrible people like rapists, or b) people who have it coming because they tried to kill him first like the midget in jail. he's pretty right wing, but he's benign about that. at worst, he just seemed like that one Sup Forums neckbeard who won't shut the fuck up but never acts on what he says.

am i missing something here? he's by far not as bad as the punisher is, but i see nothing but praise for frank and contempt for rorschach. at least rorschach has moments of genuine humanity.

For a modern libtard, having a moral compass and being passionate about justice equals a fascist.

Yes that was the point
Admitidly I dident realise that was the point until just then when I thought about it but I had a moment synder had weeks

Watchmen is a deconstruction about comic books

Every superhero team debuts and comes together by fighting some sort of extraterrestrial threat. The Justice League, the Avengers(?), etc. This is the opposite of that

>although funnily enough a few scenes later they fix the worst part of the comic with the boiling oil scene
I always hated that change. In the comic he was just being resourceful but the movie had to make it unnecessary and sadistic

like most of the violence

I can see where your coming from and I definintly agree with you about that during the mugging scene that was fucking retarded.

But it always bothered me the way all the guards and whatnot acted like he attacked him first when everybody could see that wasent the case.

I think the best solution would have been to throw out the whole bit and find a difrent reason for the riot

The Avengers' origin is only aliens in the movie.

>Watchmen movie
>Bad

>Anything by Zack Snyder
>Bad ever
You're just a pleb, OP.

Well he has no reason to care, he runs mostly on pure logic.

Sup Forums is this way buddy

The comic had gallons of blood spurting out from the assassin's face when Adrian disables him and when the fat criminal gets his throat cut, so fuck off with that complaint

Hell the stuff at the end with viedt in the film was barely bloody at all.

I think it's just the mugging scene throws of perceptions of the brutality of the movies violence. (Because let's face it that bit was fucking terrible)

I never thought I'd say "THIS SEX SCENE IS TOO LONG" until I saw this movie.

Who gives a shit, you don't like the movie you got then go make your own fucking movie.

Lol, I think my biggest problem with that scene would be whose ass was on camera.

It was an odd decision considering how long the movie was already.

>owlman
I guess was right

In my defense I was really fucking tired when I made that post.

Still your right I fucked up there

>literally any other character that couldve affected the plot.
That's why. He was struggling with the impossible choice of doing nothing, and ruining a plan that might work and nobody would believe anyways.

What does that even mean?

This is the dumbest counter to someone not liking something

>motion comic
You mean the one where everyone (even the girls) are voiced by the same guy who narrates?

*As he realised his gamble payed off

I'm a bit annoyed we never got that in the movie