616 Month Storytime: X-Force Vol 1 #1

>What is this storytime series all about?
Everyday for the month of June 2016 (the rare 616 Month), commemorating the 55th anniversary of Marvel Comics, I storytime certain old Earth-616 Marvel Comics issues on their anniversary/if there's pottery when their respective release dates and volume & issue numbers align. Watch out for the appearances of the numbers 6, 1, and 6, in that order.

>For what purpose?
Milestone celebrations of Earth-616, Universe-7 (the mainstream Marvel Universe before the 2015 event "Secret Wars").

>Where do I find previous storytimes in those series?
c*ckchan.org/co/search/subject/616 Month Storytime
(replace star/asterisk with u)

>And today I storytime...
The 25th anniversary of the smash-hit debut of X-Force!

TOMORROW: "Big daddy needs food."

I can handle the men being tumorous ugly freaks, it's the ugly women I can't stomach. Why did people by this again?

The power of the name Rob Liefeld

He has muscles on his loincloth? And what is his left leg doing there? There's nothing for it to be perched on.

>Rob Liefeld

Love how people can run around Antarctica without heavy clothing.

It was different and fresh once. Further, there was a lot of really boring derivative art at the time.

>The art
>All those puns
Did people take this shit seriously? Or was this a "so bad it's good" type of thing?

It was exactly perfect for its time.

Sort of a "you had to be 8-12 in the early 90s" thing. You had to be there. But Liefeld, Lee, McFarlane were all rock stars and their art was super popular.

this art is much better, and also from the mid 80s, what do you mean?

>There's nothing for it to be perched on.
There is clearly a guardrail

You might like it better, (I don't like it or Liefield) but it lacks drama in comparison to Liefield's liney bullshit. Liefield is technically weaker, but, at the same time, more dramatic. More importantly, Liefields art was really different.

I remember as a kid in the early 90s, looking at that page, seeing all the errors and body proportions, facepalming myself about the fucked-up perspective between Wapath and Cable. And yet, the other kids ate that up and asked for more. A quarter century later, I still don't get it.

Pouches around the legs. Now that'll make running easier.