What arr some good 90s batman comics?

Runs, writers, artists, stories.
If you got the numbers of the issues that'd be rad too. I never read dc back then and id love some good 90s batman shit cos it seemed like an interesting time based on some of those wacky fucking covers.

Haunted Knight, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Contagion, Legacy, Cataclysm, Aftershock, Road to No Man's Land & No Man's Land.
My favourite arcs/ stories from the 90s.

The Alan Grant / Norm Breyfogle run is one of the best of all time

Detective Comics #583-594, 601-621, 627,
Batman #455-466, 470-476,
Shadow of the Bat #1-5

Ah sweet thanks. Hopefully I got luck finding these

All of these are in easy to find trades: They started collecting this run in the Legends of The Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle Vol. 1 trade:

That's one of the sexiest covers I've ever seen.

Gotham Knights, a 4 issue mini, it's really good

I think they did the judge dredd crossovers too

The Legends of the Dark Knight series

Almost anything from the first 100 issues is gold

Also Batman: Black & White

doug moench kelley jones batman is GOAT
batman 515-552

peter milligan also did a weird batman run that was really good

Doug Moench and Kelley Jones run.

And the Peter Milligan run

Okay I know what this cover is meant to look like, but when I look at it, all I see is Batman swinging a pair of gigantic balls at someone on the ground

Batman adventures and all the other BTAS tie in titles.

Man. 90s was a damn good decade for batman. Unlike a lot of other heroes.

Eh I'm not so sure. There were amazing outliers like Legends of the Dark Knight and Arkham Asylum and a few Elseworlds but the core titles really dried up after Knightfall.

90's Batman is mostly about Denny O'Neil being the best Batman creator that ever lived but being in an editor position and not able to write all ten Bat books himself and not having the best talent to relegate the work to.

I don't like much of Knightfall and Cataclysm was so-so and NML was really great. A lot of the art in Cataclysm and NML was bad though. LOTDK is GOAT stuff however.

Milligan's run was great.

Superman didn't have a half bad one, sure Batman had it better, but still. Death and Return, Kingdom Come, For All Seasons, Morrison's JLA if you can count that and probably something else I'm forgetting.

What do you think about O'Neil Azrael run.

Moench's post Knightfall run was great.

It's very 90's but it's not bad. O'neil is GOAT as editor and writer in the industry.

Didn't Frank Miller base his Batman on a lot of the Batman-stuff from the time O'neil was writer and editor on Batman in 70 and 80's?

>base
Well O'Neil was the editor on Dark Knight Returns and Year One.

It's hard to say.

O'Neil / Adams Batman was just updating the character for the gritty grimy urban hell 70's. They wanted him street level and urban because that's where the crime and the issues were in the 70's and they realized that the ORIGINAL pulp detective pere-WWII Batman made sense again. I'd guess Taxi Driver was a huge influence on those comics.

Miller's stuff seems a lot more influenced by film noir and hard boiled detective fiction and Will Eisner's Spirit stuff.

It blows me away that as time has gone by people have come to like the death and return of superman.

I'd imagine part of it is the meme about Superman being a overpowered boy scout. That book is one of the default answers given to that argument, even though I think there are some better books to display the vulnerabilities of Superman. But don't get me wrong Death and Return is still a solid Superman book in my opinion.

I love the Grant/Breyfogle run in the early 90s (carrying on from the late 80s), plus the stories Pete Milligan and John Ostrander wrote around that time.

Ostrander wrote a three-part arc on Detective (issues 622-624) which was a kind of meta comic-within-a-comic story. I don't think it quite achieves what it sets out to do, but it's still a fun and interesting read. I think it's a shame that, while Milligan's "Dark Knight, Dark City" (which came out at the same time) has been generally "re-discovered", this story is still super-obscure. Ostrander also wrote the Gotham Nights mini-series, which is fantastic.

>I'd guess Taxi Driver was a huge influence on those comics.

Nah. O'Neil and Adams updated Batman long before Taxi Driver. Taxi Driver wasn't even out until 1976.

IIRC, they updated it based on what they thought the original Batman was like, not what the original Batman actually was like. It worked out, though.