Jane Thor

Why does Sup Forums hate her so much again? I mean sure she's boring but I don't see what's so awful and infuriating about her character.

Not muh and pic related.

If you don't see anything wrong with this page,, then you are part of the problem

As far as I can tell, Sup Forums doesn't hate the character herself, but just the way she's been presented.

Marvel and Aaron green lit that one page that's in all honesty pretty bad and they pretty much just shove it in our faces, expecting us to like it and if not then we're misogynists.

Kind of like the big Inhumans push but with more social baggage.

It's an insult to cancer victims

Also she took down Odin no sweat which just makes her seem over powered for no reason other than to push a feminist agenda but without being at all subtle about it.

Yeah, like how Daredevil is a slap in the face to blind people.

I don't understand how they can stand the very sight of it. They must be seeing it with rose tinted glasses.

An interesting concept with a lot of potential that's been so badly written as to render it irredeemable.
That, or misogyny.

Herself? Nah, she's cool.

Her book is shit, though.

uhhh, no she didn't? She got some licks in and then Odin layethed the smackdown on her candy ass in one panel.

>thor loses his worthiness for reasons
>loses his hammer
>loses his name
>suddenly mystery woman has it and is unstoppable force of good
>odin is the bad guy even though he has every right to want the hammer back
>odin can't control it effortlessly like he used to
>suddenly mystery girl is the best thor ever
>"she who bore you best"
>aaron is assblasted that people don't like her and takes every opportunity to get back at them with his stellar writing
>turns out it's jane, even though she has cancer, can't breathe in space, and is somehow worthier than captain america, who can't wield the hammer outside of brief moments of need
>continued whor wanking without delivering a good story
>nobody will know what fury said to thor to make him unworthy or how jane got to the moon or why she was able to wield the hammer or why odin can't just get the hammer himself

I don't want to call her a marysue but goddamn..

Those weren't the words of Thor though. I'm talking about her character, not her comic.

Her comic is the main reason people dislike her honestly. Her ongoing is crap and her appearances in other books seem one-note.

Personally its cause it was looking like Aaron was going to write the best Thor run of all time during the God Bomb arc then along comes this shit.

>the writer made all of Asgard misogynists just so she had someone to fight against, despite Asgard having a number of badass females who live there.
>Jane is somehow better with the hammer than Thor ever was.
>Jane can kick Odin's ass all across the solar system, despite years of Odin being able to slap Thor around like a child
>GURRRRL POWA

All of this is pretty bad, but the most egregious thing that stands out to me is that she fucking calls herself Thor. Thor is not a label that you get with the costume like Wolverine, Captain America, or Spider-man. Thor is the name Thor was given by his father and mother. Worst of all, others have lifted Thor's hammer and gained his power, but called themselves something else.

If I remember that fight accurately Odin got in one blast that sent her to Jupiter so she could hit him with a bigger blast (after the punching and hammering), then we switch scenes to elsewhere and when we come back the fight's over (though Odin did have her by the throat)

In comparison...

Oh, but wait, Mjolnir doesn't listen to Odin now because Mjolnir's self-actualized as a strong independent woman

No he didn't dude odin beat the shit out of thor without wasting any effort anytime he stepped out of line but for some reason whor can match odin despite the ODINFORCE being the thing that powers the damn thing in the first place.

One thing I like about Thor is the occasional humblings by his father. Thor is great but he needs to be put in check from time to time.

Has Whor been through such a thing?

I'm asking because I've read enough issues to fuel a jetpack of hate for eternity. I refuse to read any more.

Another note is Odin takes no visible damage on any occasion that Thor gets a hit in, but got Bloodied by Jane. Thanos teamed with Silver Surfer couldn't bloody Odin.

I don't give two shits about Thor being a woman. I dislike Jane Thor because the writing is garbage and the logic is even worse. If there was anyone who should have been given the hammer it was Sif. Jane Thor in her entirety is just a mass of wasted potential.

>tfw missed opportunity in thor being turned into a woman so that you have a trangendered hero that fits mythology's tendency to mess with genders and appeal to men of refined tastes

She hasn't really earned her status. There's not the whole, trying to live up to a legacy, struggling with big shoes to fill kinda shit. It's more like she shows up, kicks ass, is automatically great, and people don't like her because she's a woman, so she proves them wrong by being great.

It's disrespectful to Thor who has centuries of experience under his belt, and it doesn't make a compelling story

I don't think mythological Thor ever flipped gender. Crossdressed sure, but I think it was supposed to be a comedy story, so big burly man dressed as a woman to trick a giant gets a laugh

A gender flipped thor would have been leagues better than the pile of shit we got.

>whor can match odin
But... she didn't. Odin still kicked her ass.

Really, the Asgardians as a whole are wasted potential. The mythology did some real wacky ass shit that the comics don't touch. You would be able to do some gender mashing with them that would actually be compelling and not the kind of pandering dogshit that Jane Thor gives us.

>mfw Loki turned into a horse, got fucked silly for days by another horse, and birthed Sleipnir.

Sure he did right after she bloodied him and he only stopped because freya got stabbed.

Yeah! Just because she punched him and hit him with a hammer he could render too heavy to use, made him bleed, and never actually got instantly beaten by him, doesn't mean anything! He was obviously winning that fight! Even though he always took down the other Thor with just a couple words.

And that's why Girl Loki feels completely natural

Because she's more of an agenda than a character. Pure 'school of resentment'