Salutations Sup Forums! Four years ago...

Salutations Sup Forums! Four years ago, various anons from here joined forces to put together an indie comic anthology called Premier Pulp. The magazine released eight issues and ran until 2014, when it went on a long hiatus. However, the time is right for the project to return!

In order to help rebuild our readership and find newer contributors, I will be storytiming several issues for everyone to read. More information about the project will be available in the following posts.

I'll be starting off with some issues from 2013. More information on the project will be available in the following posts.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0tD9RZu8RQWWHeds
mibbit.com/#[email protected]
premierpulp.wordpress.com/
premiercomics.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/premierpulp
premiercomics.tumblr.com/post/145530540125/premier-comics-what-newcomers-need-to-know-2
redtiebearstudio.wordpress.com/
oruguin.tumblr.com/
cuckchan.org/co/thread/43133544
oitscomic.tumblr.com/
carnevalecomic.tumblr.com/
ac120.tumblr.com/
manbalcar.tumblr.com/
greenknightcomic.com/comic/night-at-the-drunken-goat-01/
spacepirate815.tumblr.com
exspasticcomics.tumblr.com/
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Premier_Comics#Contacts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you want to get involved and contribute something to the upcoming 2016 issue, get in touch with us at our Discord server: discord.gg/0tD9RZu8RQWWHeds

Or alternatively, you can stop by our IRC channel: mibbit.com/#[email protected]

Both should work without a desktop client

Our main website is currently under renovations, so I'll direct everyone to our other sites.

Wordpress: premierpulp.wordpress.com/
-> Contains past issues as well as information on contributing

Tumblr: premiercomics.tumblr.com/

Twitter: twitter.com/premierpulp

Q: So what the hell is this?
A: An indie comic anthology that got started on Sup Forums back in 2012. The goal is to get beginners making comics and to help people team up to work on making comics.

Q: How does this magazine work?
A: We run on a deadline system over a period of several months. There's an entry deadline, two progress deadlines, and a final deadline. Currently we're looking at early September for the next entry deadline.

Q: Do contributors get paid for this?
A: Nope. I understand if not everyone is willing to do something like this without being paid, but every contributor I've talked to has said it's helped them greatly to becoming better at making comics.

Q: What kind of comics do you accept?
A: Read this blog post: premiercomics.tumblr.com/post/145530540125/premier-comics-what-newcomers-need-to-know-2 Pay attention to the technical requirements in particular, we want the comics to run to be uniform in format.

Q: Do you have to both draw and write to get something in the magazine?
A: Nope, you can be just a writer and have someone else draw it for you. Many past contributions were team efforts. Many artists feel their writing isn't great, so teaming up with someone confident in their abilities can help them a lot.

That was 3 Chords & The Dead by Red Tie Bear & Alexis P. You can follow them online here: redtiebearstudio.wordpress.com/

That was Sprite by Oruguin. You can follow them here: oruguin.tumblr.com/

>anons from here
Here as in Sup Forums? I don't believe you. 1) Sup Forums is way too useless to actually make any worthwhile content. 2) There's no way Sup Forums would come up with that character design. They would ree so hard they'd explode.

This is an older project, or "pre-ree".

>older project
According to the OP, this was four years ago. That's definitely after Sup Forums as a whole become solely dedicated to whining about Tumblr.

The oldest available archived thread is here: cuckchan.org/co/thread/43133544

We've been around a while

I remember making something for the pre-premier editions of this comic -- A short called Snake Oil. Still got the pages floating around somewhere... It was nice to work with the artist on it. I have no artistic talent beyond basic shapes but I'm a fairly good writer.

I don't think I'll link the IRC in the next thread, the Discord has been doing much better. If you stopped by the IRC and I didn't notice you come by the Discord instead.

>premier pulp was three years ago
I've been here too long.

That was Oceans in the Sky by Steven Alphonse. You can follow him here: oitscomic.tumblr.com/

Time flies, user. Time flies...

If you want to work on the comic again you can try coming by the Discord and I can take a look at it.

I remember trying to match up with an artist back in the day. It never worked out. It was still fun trying.

I might do so soon -- I wouldn't want to rehash an old idea, but it should work as an example!

That was the Symphanova by Madadayo and Kiarou.

It can be a challenge to find someone to team up with, but even if you can't find a partner you're welcome to hang around and talk about comic writing.

I'd like to participate but I doubt I can manage a comic on my own, as I have to many shortcomings.

Start with a short comic. Less than five pages is a good restriction to work with.

That was Them's the Breaks by CarnevaleGuy and PunSpeedchunk

You can follow CG here: carnevalecomic.tumblr.com/

bump

This installment of the Lovely Ladybug was drawn by magi. You can follow him here: ac120.tumblr.com/

That was Twister by Manbalcar. You can follow him here: manbalcar.tumblr.com/

Stupid sexy flowers...

This comic was Damsel In Distress by Mathias Praz.

Mathias has since created a webcomic based on this comic, The Green Knight. You can read it here: greenknightcomic.com/comic/night-at-the-drunken-goat-01/

You can follow him online here:
spacepirate815.tumblr.com
spacepirate815.deviantart.com

That was Ninjaranja by Oruguin. You can follow them here: oruguin.tumblr.com/

That was Buddy Bodue - Psychic Detective. You can follow the team behind it here: exspasticcomics.tumblr.com/

This is awesome. What's the best way to reach you? It looks like your wordpress hasn't been updated in a while but your Facebook seems active again. Got an email to touch base with the team or just say hey on fb?

If you come by the Discord you can introduce yourself the quickest. If that doesn't work for you, you can email us at [email protected] with how you'd like to contribute.

I'm pretty sure this contacts list is up to date

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Premier_Comics#Contacts