Affordable housing

Why do liberals always bitch and moan about "affordable housing"?

They always say "what about affordable housing in SF" or "we need affordable housing in Seattle!"

Why don't these libtards just live further from work, rather than have 8 room mates in a studio apartment near the beach?

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homedetails/10-Kings-Rd-Florence-SC-29506/2099763878_zpid/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Programme
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much work would that house need to be livable? and will i need to lay landmines in the front yard to keep the niggers out?

>$3k for a house
Shit man, I'd just buy up everything and make a gated community.

this

Probably a fair bit.
Most of the housing in Detroit is so unsafe that emergency responders won't even enter them
But assuming the foundations, wiring, pipes, etc are all in good condition, probably $15-20k to gut the place and rennovate it since it's undoubtedly been ruined by squatters.

And then repeat that every year after you get overrun by mad max niggers

>building a gated community in the middle of one of the shittest places in America

Another smart post by a straya cunt

Also probably has $6m in back taxes.

I think there is a dumb law in Detroit about how if tax payments haven't been paid previously, that future buyers need to pay the missing taxes.

In other words, its not that cheap in actuality.

Holy fuck, I sure hope that isn't true.

arent already some companies buying entire squares? some of the most wealthy neighborhoods in the us are in the outskirts of detroit, so its not like it would be impossible to bring some young rich people in

Fun fact. I used to work for a moving company in SE MI (Clinton twp) and we moved somebody off this street. I do not miss that job.

Literally not even the worst house on that side of the street.

Shut up, Ann Coulter! Go shave your pits.

It's just so shocking seeing houses that price when a house like that even in terrible condition would sell for close to $1mil if it were in Sydney.

I know a dude who can afford a 3 bed 2 bath house selling weed and breeding golden shepherds. It really isn't all that hard. They just lack motivation.

Both done legally I should add.

Here's how it works. Take San Francisco for example. The city priced EVERYONE out of there, so therefore there's no maids to clean rooms, no fucking waiters to serve coffee, and no janitors to flush toilets or whatever. Those people will just move out to Stockton and do that same shit for the same pay and live cheaper. Therefore the price of those services will RISE in SF. A cup of coffee will cost 30 bucks because that's what you have to pay the college dropout shit to make it for you.

In a market driven force, nobody will buy that coffee and the business closes, which will start making living in SF look less attractive and people will move away, which will lower real estate prices to some kind of natural balance.

Instead the government and liberal shitbags attempt to control the economy, by taking from the people of CA as a whole and paying some nigger to live for free in SF in the hope that they take those jobs and provide those services for cheap, all for the benefit of the rich assholes who want services.

"Affordable Housing" is just code for state supported slave labor being imported to keep goods and services prices low.

you couldnt pay me $3,850 to live there

>$750k
>enough to buy a literal mansion in SC
>or a cuck shed in San Francisco

zillow.com/homedetails/10-Kings-Rd-Florence-SC-29506/2099763878_zpid/

I imagine it smells like mildew harder than anywhere I've ever been in my life.

i really doubt its actually 750k.

there's probably loads of other costs associated with it.

Detroit Native here and yes it's true. It's called back taxes and you'll end up 90k in debt due to all the debt pile up. It's shit. Just stay away from here man. Please. I'll answer any questions about this shithole too btw.

Given how fucking retarded the Detroit government is I would probably guess it's true.

Honestly, you might as well tear the whole thing down. You're basically paying for the land it occupies.

That's because Sydney isn't a warzone.
Do you wanna buy a cheap house in Mosul? No?
Same thing with Detroit.

One of our city council members wears a fucking crown and claims to be queen of detroit.

gentrification:

>buy property before boom
>boom happens, property value increases
>property value increases = property tax increases
>taxes become affordable, so those who there first must leave
>gentrification complete

>unaffordable

You won't be easily killed like rumors say but it's an extremely retarded investment due to if you renovate a home it will just have all the metal stripped for scrap to sell then be burned to the ground or used as a druggie den.

What could be done to revive Detroit?

>Hardmode: no ethnic clensing

He's thinking of a different kind of gated community

>property value increases = property tax increases
That doesn't mean shit here dipshit due to the fact we already have very high taxes due to 60%+ of the city on welfare.

Holy shit you were not lying

I live in the SF bay area.

Getting into SF from any place that is not SF is unbelievably difficult, and is getting worse with time. Our public transporataion system, the BART, is not only excessively expensive if you live an hour or more away from your stop in the city (you could realistically spend $300 a month on the BART on the higher end, which makes a $300/month more expensive place that's closer make sense) but it is also in advanced disrepair and breaks down often, not to mention the several suicides yearly that shut down traffic, usually overlapping with rush hour. Working in SF and living in a place that is not SF is unbelievably difficult.

>wake up
>get ready for work
>drive 12 minutes to local
BART stop
>pay $10 for daily parking at the BART lot
>pay $15 for round-trip BART ticket
>ride is 1:15 long, better make sure you wake up early as fuck
>someone jumped on the tracks again
>refund for ticket is available, but you have to wait in line
>fuck it, not worth being late again
>call an Uber
>everyone else called Uber too
>surge: 3x normal rate
>pay $60 to get itno city
>ride takes 90 minutes
>late to work anyway
>work all day and make $180
>realize you just spent almost half your before-tax pay on transportation to work

>Why don't these libtards just live further from work
There comes a point where that ceases to be feasible.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Programme

So...Why doesn't America have a wide scale public housing program?

We have something called 'section 8' vouchers, where a small like, 1% of the population is allowed these free money vouchers, applicable to rental housing (apartments, houses etc). Oh, and the opportunity to be selected in that top 1% lasts in a small time frame window, then is blocked off for a long period of time. It's fucking bullshit.

It just hit me like a ton of bricks: I'm a full time student and I'm in need of housing. Rather than have public housing for students like there should be, this country wants me to take out a shit load of student loans and pay to pay for the expensive rent around here - mind you, I'm a full time student, so I literally can't work.

I mean if even only for students with a full time class schedule, we should have public housing streamlined across the nation for them.

But, I'd also like to find a way to have a program like this setup for people living in poverty, too.

Nothing, even if you kill all the blacks (which doesn't matter because whites here are just as fucking bad like ShackTown is a white trash community filled with people even worse then niggers) nobody will move in. It's a city designed for 3 million but only has 500,000 and shrinking. We're fucked m8 all we can do is just fix up the DownTown for the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show) so the auto execs from BMW and fucking Bentley don't whine about abandoned sky scrapers and how "You americans ruined this euro-american city!" and I know this due to driving a limo for some of these fucks. They are annoying and especially BMW faggots.

What PRACTICAL could be done to revive Detroit?

Actually, I had a buddy who tries this with a house in Detroit. Tried fixing it up and whatnot.

In the nighttime [unsolicited opinions of African-Americans???] would break in the house, trash the place, and steal all his tools.

Buddy gave up after a week.

This post is very accurate. If you can't afford to live in an expensive ass city on a shit job or even normal middle class job, FUCKING move. There are shitloads of affordable housing with decent pating industry jobs around the area in the midwest.

Inb4 >flyover state
These people are in no position to complain about that, and mid western States do have pretty landscape.

In conclusion, don't come here we don't want more of your liberal bullshit that's already slowly infecting us. Stay where you are poor as fuck with shitry living conditions. You deserve it with your shit ideology.

BMW attracts a special kind of asshole.

thisbasically we are doomed

Protip: If you are willing to go under the seats on some of the cars you can find an outlet with some dirty dirty power to charge your laptop. I'm pretty sure it puts out more than 110 while the train is in motion though, cuz it heats up a laptop brick like nobodys business.

Affordable Housing just means giving niggers free living space so they can block-bust the area.

poor blacks and poor mexicans who get into that affordable housing start robbing people, which causes white flight and le happy merchant can snatch up all those valuable properties on the cheap. the only crink in the plan is, of course, it's transforming into a ghetto. but hell they can wait 25 years for the area to Gentrify back to rich liberals on the White Flight path again. Just so long as there's shekels in the end!

and then in liberal-controlled rich places they clamp the fuck down on development. like doesn't Portland have STRICT laws against "urban sprawl" which just means NO POORFAGS ALLOWED

>mid western States do have pretty landscape
>have shitty job
>there is no one here to date or fuck
>none of my favorite bands ever come here
>I have dreams but i can't follow them unless I live in a major metro area
>I barely earn enough to pay for a run-down shack full of brown recluse spiders
>this landscape sure is pretty though

Respond to my post you fucking retards:

>Why doesn't America have a wide scale public housing program?
Because fuck you dindu, get a god damn job.
>if even only for students with a full time class schedule
Fuck you, live on campus.

Why are uni students second only to dindus in their gibsmedat attitude? What the fuck makes you think you deserve free housing or free education?

Guys, hear me out.

>Take everyone in Detroit and move them somewhere else
>Block the whole area off
>Have people sign waivers saying we're not liable for anything
>Paintball guns, cars, supplies
>Free for all in the entire city
>People come and go as they please (after paying for a season pass of course!)

What else can we add to make it the worlds best amusement park?

>Buy more than 500 crack mansions in Detroit.
>Rent a Mexican Cartel to purge Detroit of niggers
>????
>PROFIT

T. Uneducated 12 year old

also I'm attending a community college, there is no campus

how does this help with any of the issues I mentioned? Are you suggesting that I'll save a quarter of a penny on electricity by charging my laptop?

I'm responding to your post to tell you you're a fucking idiot and fuck you.

Go back in time to the 50s with Japanese automotive technology so Americans won't make shit cars.

If you weren't a moron you would have gotten a scholarship. If you didn't get one, then fuck you you don't deserve college.

Give me one good reason I should pay for your dumb ass to smoke weed and drink for four years while getting indoctrinated with leftist SJW bullshit.

>wall
>???
>no profit

Dumbass, maybe you should have made a better plan. Instead you just jumped into the pit of debt.

It doesn't help in the slightest. I just was passing it along, you'll remember my post one day and it'll come in handy.

Let people buy grenades and shit and blow up property for giggles.

>He doesn't want to subsidize my education and lifestyle while I study useless bullshit! Waaaah!
Also great, take all the money you're saving by attending a community college and pay your fucking rent.
You want less debt from school? Get a job.
Don't think you can work full time while attending full time? Get a better fucking work ethic.
This isn't a complicated subject, you just don't want to deal with the reality of actually having to earn your keep.

Kek

>Wahhh, there's a train of conversation that doesn't involve my question directly!

Great social skills, buddy.

No, because what you are forgetting are 2 things

1.) it will be WAY to expensive to rebuild this city because you'll be rebuilding from scratch + who the fuck wants to live in a high ass crime area with no police (police are so understaffed it takes 5-6 hours for them to show up and that's if they show up)

2.) those homes with be scrapped and burned fast because scrapping is a big thing here (scrapping is someone braking into a home or building to steal the metals so they can sell for scrap)

these are the reasons too why this city is fucked

>They always say "what about affordable housing in SF" or "we need affordable housing in Seattle!"

Is that liberals in general? Or west coast tech workers.

To get at your question - the choices aren't "live near the beach with 8 roommates" and "live 30 minutes away from work in a $200k house by yourself". It's more like 8 roommates within walking distance of work (maybe easy public transportation), live with 4 roommates a long public transport commute from work, or spend a million+ on a house 45minutes+ away from work.

Seattle but especially San Francisco desperately need new high density housing to be built both near city centers and near tech hubs within the cities, but there's a fuckton of NIMBYs opposing that.

Oh, thanks. I work from home and drive for Uber, but I guess I might get a job in the city one day. I use BART like 5 times a year.

>If you weren't a moron you would have gotten a scholarship.

I'm starting college like 8 years after I graduated high school.

>Give me one good reason I should pay for your dumb ass

We pay for the fire department and the police department even though we don't use it, dipshit.

Plus when I graduate I'll give back the economy more than you will, with a higher paying job. Which leads me to say that college should also pay largely tax payer funded as well

>to smoke weed and drink for four years

you mean studying

Do you still live in nigger park?

>Let people buy grenades and shit and blow up property for giggles.
most abandoned homes have bombs rigged to them anyways due to drug dealers using them for storage and not wanting some fuck stealing their stash

>Implying Trump will ever touch the Oval Office

As much as i would love to see him as POTUS, there is no fucking way that (((They))) will let him just do this.

Detroitfag here.
Like said, if you have anything decent, expect to get shit stolen, torn down, etc...unless you live in a neighborhood where all the residents are "fighting back." (It's rare, but there are a few neighborhoods that are trying to watch each others' backs.

There's two more major reasons to never buy a home in Detroit. (I've looked into it. I work from home and am a gun owner, so I figured why not?)
1. Some of these places have tax liens on them that are fucking crazy. Yeah, you may buy the house for $1000, but then you have to cough up $30,000 more for back taxes (and that is not even getting into all the work into replacing what the copper strippers stole).

2: Do you like water? Electricity? How about heat? Well you might be shit out of luck then if the previous owner skipped on their bill. While I know they're looking at changing the water thing, I don't know if DTE (the power and gas company) has changed their policies yet.
You see, if someone owed and ended up getting their power shut off, you', the new home owner, are responsible. Yes, yes, even if you have a completely different name and SSN and can prove you just moved there - no lights for you until that bill is settled. (Granted, they might have changed this since I looked into it over five years ago.)

And that's all before you even go into your front yard and look around and your surroundings. Unless you hit it off when your neighbors immediately, these are the first people that will be breaking into your place.

>What PRACTICAL could be done to revive Detroit?

Nothing.

The problem with Detroit is Detroiters (i.e. niggers) and until you get rid of the Detroiters, nothing can be done.

>Throw grenade into a house to watch it blow out all the windows
>Sets off a chain reaction of drug dealer bomb traps
>Levels multiple city blocks
Even better

>Why don't these libtards just live further from work, rather than have 8 room mates in a studio apartment near the beach?

Because its not always practical?

Often the public transportation or road infrastructure is not good enough to handle that sort of thing.

I think that all those old houses in Detroit is also full of Asbestos, which means EXPENSIVE regulations on how to properly tear that dilapidated shit down and dispose of the waste. Something about how it's cheaper to commit arson and burn the shit down to the ground, which is why there's a lot of """swimming pools""" in Detroit...

I had a plan, but changed it. Now I'm in college in my current situation

>He doesn't want to subsidize my education and lifestyle while I study useless bullshit! Waaaah!

My response is:

>He doesn't want to subsidize a college student that'll in turn get him a high paying job that'll make a fuck load of money, generating the economy!

>Get a better fucking work ethic.

That may be true when you're studying womens rights or whatever, not classes to get accepted into the nursing program, which will make the courseload even harder. I can tell you've never gone to college before lol

Affordable housing has coincidentally made housing un-affordable for those of us without "affordable housing." In my town, apartment complexes love it because they get to charge above market vale, which is already inflated by section 8.

What? Are you talking about Rouge Park? because there are no niggers there only Gay Rapists that wait in cars till a car passes them then they follow that car.

>Some of these places have tax liens on them that are fucking crazy. Yeah, you may buy the house for $1000, but then you have to cough up $30,000 more for back taxes

>you', the new home owner, are responsible.

Ah, free market capitalism

Because they know what fiat money really means whereas you just suck dick in order of the level of intimidation? Is that it? W W WHY DO LIBERALS W W WHY DO LEFTISTS. And then pull some random crayon argument out of your ass and try to call that "hypocrisy" on their part. Waaaaah. The W in Curious George Dubya is waaaah

What? What city are you talking about?

Yup, its a dumb accounting thing. CPA here.

If they write off all those back taxes their financials will look horrendous (which they are in reality) and then credit for the city will crash, etc.

Being super frugal myself and never in debt, accounting can seriously stress me out to see how some companies and cities like detroit are just a house of cards financially.

Its like the taxes big companies like Apple would owe if they move their money back over here. Its time we accept they wont do it and we arent getting that tax revenue. Its time to just write it off and hopefully spur some new investment.

Shut the fuck up you addled manchild. No one cared about your post because it was a half-formed wall of text.

That's already happened m8. Google Brightmoor on google images. It's a ghost town there now.

Detroit faggot which is where I live.

I'm talking about all over the nation

Public Housing works in Europe just fine

reported for underage

>look up Brightmoor
>Community Library is overflowing with books

heh

>Kill all convicted felons in the cities
Still didn't say kill all niggers, but same thing :^)

So you willingly jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire? Whats the benefit of everyone paying for your mistake?

>Family is from windsor
>every year growing up we'd go back for the holidays to visit
>every year we'd cross the border a few times to eat dinner and stuff

Everyone stopped a few years ago but the yearly decay of the city was amazing

Well this thread conversation was mainly about Detroit but you're plan is bullshit and it won't work in Detroit, Gary, Flint, or Cleveland. In other words the places that would be using this program of yours. It's shit. Deal with it.

>If I add in positive adjectives, maybe it'll excuse the fact I'm asking other people to pay for my wants and needs!
Get. A. Job.
I worked 30 hours a week while attending school full time. I walked away with my bachelors and about $9k in student debt, which is basically nothing.

You're a lazy entitled cunt, just like pretty much every other student I attended with. You just rack up debt because you can't be bothered to deal with a harsh reality: You have to work to get where you want in life. If you take shortcuts, you have to suffer the consequences of them.

I'll repeat this again for you, since you seem to have trouble understanding the concept:
If you want less debt from school, get a fucking job.

That place was burned a bunch of times too.

>lol! you actually bothered to get an education!

Yes, I did. And helping full time students survive should be a priority if you don't live in the Congo

only third world shithole cities have college kids?

>pic
Any story here?

The problem in SF is pretty complex and is hard to hash out in a Sup Forums post.

You could argue many different things and be correct. Maybe the fact that the SF Tenants' Union makes it nearly impossible for landlords to evict their tenants (there's one story I read in the local paper about folks basically refusing to pay rent in a house in the Sunset and the union digging their heels in about not having them pay)

Alternatively, you could look at the market and point your finger at the landlords for taking advantage of the fact that the system is currently out of control - but who would want to pass up on 50k a year for renting out a studio apartment?

The City itself could be blamed, since they sat on their hands for too long (the Board of Supervisors is notoriously combative and doesn't work particularly well) in not providing more affordable housing or changing Single Resident Occupancy laws, thus driving up rents in poorer districts.

Or you could blame the tech workers, who have invaded the City en masse for the last five years and have essentially made it impossible to move into SF. There are articles I've read lately where even people making around 100k are hard pressed to find housing, since even a salary that high won't yield that much income after rent and taxes.

San Francisco is sort of fucked, and it's a damn shame, since it's a great town.

>Gary

Holy shit man Gary, I was riding a Greyhound through there and was watched some dude get off the bus at the "stop" which was just an empty parking lot, walk not even a block down the road and get mugged. Thank god we didn't stay for very long.

Nigga if you want some good ass food go to Lafayette's Coney Island in the Downtown area near the border. Best hotdog place ever and cheap as fuck.

Which classes did you take? How many classes did you take per term?

This should be good.

Oh and better yet - what were grades mr full time student with job hahaah

There's no fucking way you did an actual challenging degree while having good grades with a job as a full time student. Period.

It almost certainly owes at least 50k in past property taxes.

Something slightly ancillary but still a tangent is that I am a real estate appraiser. I could be making 300k a year if I was willing to do the really shitty parts of Detroit. I would rather make 100k and not get killed.

Nobody here, at all, cares about your community college situation. End your life.