So why does the government still insist on stopping marijuana legalization?

So why does the government still insist on stopping marijuana legalization?

Other urls found in this thread:

hightimes.com/news/politics/pot-matters-trump-on-marijuana/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Idk. There is already numerous data and research stating that it isn't bad, and its better overall versus alcohol and tobacco.

No idea. Maybe kickbacks from the alcohol industry. Either that or they want Christfag votes.

National Institute of Health Studies contradict the DEA scheduling of cannabis. Obama could easily make a recommendation to the DEA to reschedule marijuana to bring it in line with the NIH studies but he doesnt.

Busting grows is a source of revenue. It's the drug version of a speed trap.

You'd think they would as a distraction method. Keep everyone high all the time. Although come to think of it cannabis does open your mind to the path of enlightenment after regular use so there's that I guess..

Cartels have infiltrated our government. They're probably funneling money into the Clinton Foundation just like the Saudis. Ever wonder why groups like La Raza have legal associations and are allowed to have a lot of political power in the southwest and even DC even though they're a hate group? To win local or state office in California you pretty much have to seek the approval of La Raza and various affiliated front and sister groups.

It's a great pretext to oppress the populace.

They are saving us from refer madness.

Cigarettes lobbying maybe

Cigarettes are way more addictive than weed right? They don't want them to take their profits like oil and green energies

There's zero money in legalization. Anyone with a backyard or access to a green space can grow enough for recreational purposes. I'm in Canada with poor weather and outdoor grow is possible with good yields

Don't you think they would make a shit ton more money by legalizing and taxing though?

christcucks

>cannabis does open your mind to the path of enlightenment after regular use
AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Baby boomers hate weed. They voted against opening dispensaries in my town because they thought it would bring too much riff raff.

no real reason

nah m8, tobacco companies invested in cannabis in the 70s/80s and trademarked some shit, it's the alcohol companies.

Cause prisons, alcohol, and rehab centers and possibly police offers lose billions of dollars and jobs from the legalization of it.

pretty much this. there's no way for them to profit off of recreational use if everyone grows their own just like some people who grow their own vegetables

Because freedom

>Although come to think of it cannabis does open your mind to the path of enlightenment after regular use so there's that I guess.

And because consumers become this deluded, it has to be made illegal.

The big cotton jew

Too many special interests make too much money off of it being illegal

Marijuana a shit desu. Shit just makes me paranoid these days.

Many local police get a large portion of funding from drug busts. In addition, the for profit private prison system benefits greatly from having something that's illegal that everyone does and makes everyone game for the cages. It's easy to fill that quota when money depends on it, and you can bust a car full of college kids if there aren't enough niggers out at the time. Need to fill those cells and make that prison cash.

Why have stoners been too ineffectual to agitate at the state level?

i like that reefer is illegal, it helps keeps the lowest common denominator of our society off the streets and locked up.
niggers and white trash are the only ones who use it.

Colorado collected $135 million dollars from legal marijuana sales last year.

After regular use it just turns you into a fucking zombie. any usefulness comes from using sparingly, like shrooms. If you ate shrooms all day every day you would fry your brain

Bought and sold leaders
Thanks private prisons

The central argument is that it is a "gateway" to harder drugs like cocaine and heroin.

Heroin is already becoming quite the problem.

Yeah, Cigarette Industry got BTFO decades ago, they will only see their profits decrease in the next couples of years. Everyone knows it gives you cancer, for a lot of people its disgusting, and there have been laws passed that limit cigarette usage and advertising. They have next to no power to dictate anything today.

>the war on drugs provides an excuse for us to expand and strengthen police forces
>private prisons
>cannabis competes with the manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries, is less addictive and easier to get than many prescription painkillers, and flat-out treats some diseases that would otherwise require major drug/surgical intervention (i.e. Crohn's disease)
>pot genuinely does fuck with mental barriers
>people are gonna wants hallucinogens legalized next, and they sure as hell don't want that

But really, above all...
>they want the pot issue in their back pocket so that they can legalize at an opportune time for political gain

Such a ridiculous argument in my opinion, if anything illegal marijuana gives access to those drugs way easier than legal would.

and personally I wouldn't use other drugs nearly as often as I would use marijuana.

growing your own vegetables is super easy but that doesnt stop the large majority of people from going to the grocery for their veggies

>>they want the pot issue in their back pocket so that they can legalize at an opportune time for political gain
I'm honestly surprised neither Trump nor Hillary has jumped on the ganja train yet. They would get all the bernout votes.

Because stoner culture exists and alcohol has already been socially acceptable for decades.

Get rekt, shrekt, and kekt

I didn't say smoking itself is what enlightens, I'm saying it makes you more open minded to finding the truth. Even if that means getting stoned and listening to Alex Jones rail on about NASA harvesting body parts to send to mars, its still being more redpilled than your average non-smoking normie who never questions anything.

Pretty sure Trump said he would be for legalization, don't quote me on that though.

Trump would have a tough time with that, to be honest. His "law and order" message would conflict with it in some people's minds, wrongly of course, but still.

Hillary flat-out doesn't want it legalized, or she's waiting to do it at an opportune time as president.

He says it's a states' rights issue. Basically, if a state wants to legalize it, then fine, but they also have the option to ban it locally if they so choose.

I accept cannabis as a relaxation&recreational drug.

But once they start saying that it "opens the mind" or in makes me "more creative", I'd say you have a problem.

based

Because it fucks with your head you stupid cunt

I can smoke weed every night and not get bored of it. I might have 2-3 cigarettes a week, and usually only after I've been drinking. I just don't understand cigarette addicts or how they get anything done. Tobacco is more of a sleep aid than anything for me.

Because weed opens your mind to the facade of our modern capitalist slave system whereas alcohol keeps you too drunk or hungover to think about anything other than what frozen pizza you'll eat at 4am. They don't want a society of weed smokers who realise how fucked everything is and start wanting to bring it down. Keep everyone numb and dumb with good goy booze.

they don't want to increase the population of degenerate hobos for some reason, even though it would make the subversion easier

do state rights have any kind of legitimate argument these days?

Federal govt seems so strong it will crush or regulate important issues no matter what

alright settle down m8, not even LSD does anything like that.

and no, it doesn't " open your mind " it makes you a retard for a period of time so you have to relearn things

>Merchants own green houses
>Secretly allowed by government
>No risk
>Street value of product is high because of the risk
>High demand

Becomes legal
>Lower demand
>Competition
>Holocaust

yes, but imagine Colorado with regulation instead of legalization.

for vested interests like police and bureaucrats they keep the source of their budgets (busting grow ops, etc) and their jobs. governments get to apply more than just a sales tax.

imagine they put up grow licenses for businesses or individuals and charge whatever they want to allow you to grow.

legalization is great for the individual. there's too much control and money for governments to give away for legalization. it's a very progressive move.

Cringy shit like this is why I can't associate with other "stoners" irl. There is nothing mind-opening or revelatory about weed itself, not any more so than alcohol. If you want to "discover yourself" or "see the real world" you should take psychs. Even then, it'll be more of an introspective thing.

Yea getting so stoned your eyes are more red than the devil's dick and staring at the ground for no reason for 40mins is truly enlightenment.

Have you ever been high before? It really does open the mind.

Yeah here in Ohio they wanted to legalize Marijuana but ONLY allow it to be sold by 5-8 "licensed" growers. I don't smoke but I'm glad the people here weren't retarded enough to allow a Marijuana Oligopoly to be created out of the people's vote.

Sure, re-learn things while not forgetting what you already have learned.

the mistake is thinking of it as solely a tax revenue issue

with governments choosing regulation instead of full on legalization they get to choose who profits from drug trade 2.0 with licenses, special taxes and other bullshit.

>open your mind

Spending 3 hours laughing at Netflix title cards is an open mind?

Sorry but to me it's just a bit of fun

It really does alter the way that a person thinks, though. When you're high, your thoughts tend to ramble in a way that they don't when you're sober, and there's truth to the idea that it alters the way you perceive norms. It's not like it makes you a super-genius or anything, but you (or, well, some people; it's not for everybody) really can benefit from the different way of thinking it offers. I like to write high and edit sober, for instance.

They have some sway. Some. Imagine what the backlash would have been had Obama just said "fuck you) to Colorado and marched in there with the DEA to enforce the federal ban. (Not that he didn't raid a few places anyway, but still.)

The federal gov't is tyrannical, but it knows to keep itself slightly in check. It's at least politically prudent to respect the rights of states when doing so is popular.

Look at what happened when Nevada decriminalized it. The grow rights were supposed to be given out by lottery, at random. Somehow 3/4 of the people who got those rights in Vegas were the richest dudes in town.

It affects everybody differently, and different strains honestly do produce different highs.

Why is it a bit of fun? It "opens your mind" right? Or else it'd be just a physical buzz

It affects people differently.

I've never spent three hours staring at Netflix title cards.

>ITT
DUDE
WEED

Hehe.

They were hilarious

It's probably because I get drunk at the same time

I feel you, it's a medicine and the mental aspect caters to YOU. That's the beauty of it. Open the mind is just a generic simplified term. But it no doubt does change your perception

>we need more degenerates
stop

It's getting there. Marijuana was just decriminalized in IL

I am high and drunk right now.

Smoked at least 2 grams of weed and I'm about 6 beers deep.

Things affect people differently.

They would lose a lot of money by doing so. A lot of people are locked up on weed charges. They would have create new drug laws to make more criminals. Plus they would likely have to let out all those currently serving time for possession or selling. Remember almost all jails/prisons are for profit, so this would be pretty damaging.

The pharmaceutical industry would see some serious losses as well. Weed is seen as a more natural, cheaper and safer alternative for several prescription medications. These people would stop paying hundreds or even thousands a month for pills and just grow their own treatments.

And since it is relatively easy to grow, the government can't really tax it like alcohol or tobacco. They can't realistically check every home for a few plants. And I doubt a lot of people would be willing to buy weed from a general store at a higher markup. .

>decriminalized
This still makes me mad because they're just outright admitting it's not actually dangerous, but they're gonna make some shekels by harassing the innocent anyway. I guess it's better than nothing.

The people in smoking circles throughout history who got stoned and waxed philosophical while everyone else actually tried to understand what the fuck he was talking about would disagree. I'm not saying they were ever right or that they weren't talking out of their ass, just saying being stoned made them want to know something different. If you deny this phenomenon exists then you must not be a social smoker.

If you look at in a broader scope, there is a pattern of evidence that proves it. Hippies, no matter what you think of them are definitely outside the box and smoke a lot of cannabis. Musicians are generally redpilled and smoke a lot of cannabis.

Onły social outcasts deny the long term benefits of cannabis use. I'd rather live in a society where everyone is stoned and gives the finger to the government than live in a world of closed minded straight edge faggots who bend over to authoritarian power.

>But it no doubt does change your perception
Yup. It's a mind-altering drug. Anecdotally, I find that it makes me hyper-aware of when people are acting. It just seems blatantly fake. I can't watch live-action TV when I'm high because of that. The creepy part is that I get the same effect when I switch the channel to the news. They're acting out roles.

Thanks for that, Satan.

I can't fucking function when I'm cross-faded. Honestly, it's not even fun to me. Even at two beers, my brain function slows down to the point where I start to bore myself and wind up just waiting for it to wear off.

Arguing over stupid shit keeps people from fighting over important shit.

>Look at what happened when Nevada decriminalized it. The grow rights were supposed to be given out by lottery, at random. Somehow 3/4 of the people who got those rights in Vegas were the richest dudes in town

Oh yeah, it's hilarious. The same Ohio law supposedly was suppose to allow private growers like a couple of plants or something, hell they even went as far to say that it's possible to buy a license to grow. Is that going to cost under $25,000? They aren't going to help destroy a multi-billionaire dollar global trade crop just for the benefit of the common man. Marijuana is going to be legal but somebody is going to benefit off it and it doesn't seem like its going to be the government and the people, it'll most likely be investors and lobbyists, maybe the same guys who are ready to jump off Tobacco now that it's died down.

Haha I'm similar. I get bored from drugs now. I used to smoke a lot and it just does nothing for me anymore but make me anxious. When I smoke I see when people are acting too. I know people's moods when I look at them. I can tell what's on somebody's heart if they have good intentions or not. Good times

Big pharma and the FDA don't want competition. If you could smoke a little pot you can grow anywhere instead of spend hundreds of dollars a month on various medications both entities would suffer greatly.

There is too much money changing hands and lining pockets for this fight to be won without a serious fight that includes going after the corruption in the FDA.

this is why i just smoke to play videogames/watch films and TV

I will say this: Pot is fun. Any kind of fun can be employed for bread and circuses. An entire society that was stoned probably couldn't be fooled into the same shit that society's fooled into now, but if the people themselves weren't actively, deliberately questioning shit, they could be fooled and manipulated.

Also, if you ask me, we already live in a society where everybody is on the same drug, and it shows: Caffeine. Seriously, give it some thought sometime and you'll realize it's true. Society as we know it would be impossible without that drug.

> it'll most likely be investors and lobbyists, maybe the same guys who are ready to jump off Tobacco now that it's died down.

You're getting warmer.

$$$ and jerbs

Nah you would either destroy your liver or you would develop a tolerance and adapt

Youre thinking of shrooms not pot.
Pot is ok too just dont overuse it

I had a revelation while high back in the early days of reality TV that it was all fake and part of some sort of govt. psyop to administer social engineering by the way of mind control. By distorting the line between reality and fiction they could say, run an future election where a reality TV character pretends to be the next coming of hitler so that the most corrupt and hated politician of them all can come into power and she can be the final piece of the globalization puzzle.

I almost went completely psychotic from a-pvp about 2 weeks ago.
I can't figure out why drugs are illegal. I managed to stay sane despite 6 days straight of stimulant riding. a-pvp at that.
If that wasn't enough to take me out, I don't think anything short of a gram of scopolamine can.

Weed is such a kiddy-level drug.

They'll legalize once big pharma controls the market.

i'd be okay with strict regulations for intent of sale as long as personal use and grow is completely legal. i'd push for legal ditch weed and legal grow in public spaces too

Reason they did it was to cut back on prison population. Arresting people for weed cost the government too many shekels, so the state copied Chicago and started handing out tickets instead. I feel much safer buying now. Huge step forward imo. If I'm caught, no prison, no record, just a bill to pay off.

the visual of the plant attracts them

hightimes.com/news/politics/pot-matters-trump-on-marijuana/

thats funny because i read more recent studies on how exactly cannabis damages the brain.

and its obvious too. because every person who has been smoking weed non-stop for 20+ years in totally dead inside. they are visibly retarded.

its funny how you drug addicts don't pay attention to the veteran smokers. very convenient

Having a couple of licensed growers wouldn't be terrible if they didn't attempt to cut out everybody else. It's retarded to expect people to vote in a weed market with an easy customer base and no competition. What are we really afraid of? Spoiled weed? They get their weed from some shithole in Mexico.

It's helped me reflect on certain issues within me that I didn't want to face sober.

That being said, I still don't think it should be legal. Regardless of what stoners say, it does damage your brain and lungs.

Okay, so you got picked on in school or freaked out like a faggot when you tried weed the one time. Don't sweat it, just don't expect someone to not laugh at you when you believe the propaganda and open your mouth during discussion of weed. Now go back to wishing you were one of the cool kids. They did laugh at you pretty bad when you had a panic attack, didn't they?

Legalization support hit 50%. Demographic trends show that pretty much all those opposed are older generations and are dying off without replacement as marijuana increased in huge hugely during the 60s. Politicians are realizing a "states rights" approach lets them effectively pander to the largest amount of people simultaniously, positions them as a candidate that's liberal on marijuana reform if it continues becoming popular, but it isn't such an enthusiastic endorsement they can't back off it and say "Well we tried it and it was a bad idea".

The political math shows that state by state legalization makes a lot of sense.

Nobody has ever produced a shred of evidence supporting the theory that Hillary Clinton ever took action as secretary of state to support the interests of donors to the Clinton Foundation.

Alcohol literally kills your brain cells, its much worse than weed on every level. Stay brainwashed.

I wouldn't say it damages the brain, it can just flood your brain with chemicals and make it unbalanced.

the people who originally lobbied against it were cotton lobbyists. reason, hemp based fabrics and ropes are easier to grow anywhere in the country for a fraction of the price. and those old money plantation farms were in trouble if it took off.

verdict is still out on brain effects. yes, alcohol kills brain cells, but so does lack of sleep or living. There's suspicion about Marijuana killing memory.

It's all about money, plain and simple, what most everything boils down to sadly.