Marvel Nowest?

So...what do you think it will be like? Can we expect something good out of it? What are your hopes and fears? Also Marvel general, i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TWmVlgIR2HA&t=1m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm wondering what the deal is with those teasers

it's marvel

Sup Forums will rage about it

simple as that

I think they're spotlight for the future relevant characters. but I think they should do some dramatic changes in their line and staff-wise

More ANGR

I think it will be the final nail on the coffin for fans and would-be fans, it's a shame really. Marvel may not be my all-time favorite comic book company, but sure as shit deserves better

>fears
Nova ending at 12
Carnage getting cancelled before 24
Venom getting cancelled before 24
Kamala getting ruined by CW2
Bendis continuing to sell
Slott not getting replaced
More shit titles like Hellcat and Derpell Girl

Granted those last three are pretty guaranteed to happen.

Hyped for Prowler comic, liked him since Spider-Man TAS

>Hyped for Prowler comic

I was hyped for Citizen V, as he was featured in the last batch of teasers, and Death's Head seemed to have something in the pipeline...only to be disappointed

Wait... fuckin again!?

When will this start? CW2 ends in October so I'm assuming November.

And what of Hopeless?

Will his New X-Men continue to be the only stable title? Will anything else he writes see success?

Will he realize that Arena and Undercover were shit?

I think Hopeless just needs a good premise, as seen in his X-Men run

Yeah, I saw how he wrote Laura and Warren and nearly vomited.

Frankly I care very little about all things X-Men. I would hope that Marvel gets its shit together on them if for no other reason than the benefit of LCSes, but with the details of Death of X that have been released, that seems unrealistic.

>Marvel Now
Wait what?
isn't it Marvel Now right now??
Is this Marvel Now for a third time???

same old shit

I am hyped for the slapstick comic, I still cant believe the creator of slapstick came to my thread when I storytimed his comic some time ago.

Carnage is at least getting 20 issues but Venom will get axed and all because space marvel is shit.

>Defending current Marvel

Yeah Sup Forums just hates Marvel to be contrarian. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the endless relaunch cycle, Event cycle and continuous rise in the price of their book

>Bendis continuing to sell
isn't CWII doing kinda bad though?

How is that even defending marvel?

It was marvel NOW before, and since that marvel NOW isn't now, but before, they have to make a nower NOW. Or else how are they going to print more #1s for their fans to buy en masse, only to cancel half of them before issue #10?

For an event, yeah it has not been # 1 in sales since it started at 0, you could maybe blame rebirth for that.

No this is All New all Different. Marvel now came before so it's marvel then Marvel Now is coming next and it's more now than the last Marvel Now making it look more like Marvel then

Because he's calling everybody who complains about Marvel sheep

Could you link to the thread or tell me what to search for in the archive?

Compare it to Secret Wars and it's not even doing 1/4th of the sales.

Maybe coming out and saying this event was just thrown together was a bad idea

Didn't Slapstick kill some people in Avengers Initiative? Is he gonna be an anti hero

He writes other books than the event, and I want him far, far away from Miles.

>isn't it Marvel Now right now??
This is Marvel Now-er Than Now!

NOW I understand

Oh I thought ANAD already ended and Marvel Now was now but I guess not.

If it wasn't foor Moon Knight's art I wouldn't be reading anything of Marvel at this point

Marvel Now < Marvel Nower < Marvel Nowest

>most lower selling half of titles are cancelled
>a fraction of those are relaunched
>the rest are replaced completely
>maybe a small handful of lower selling ones continue on
>a handful of the higher selling titles are relaunched
>some with new team members, some with new creative team members
I think they did learn something from relaunching everything and ANAD in general, since they are going back to their more successful relaunch.

>Thor Odinson gets a book a la Sam/Steve and Miles/Peter
>Spencer off Ant-man and on a bigger book
>Jessica Jones, Gamora, Blade, and Kate Hawkeye get their books
>Young Avengers is a book again
>Squirrel Girl is relaunched again
>Vision is relaunched and it's a critical and sales failure without King
My predictions.

>Oh I thought ANAD already ended and Marvel Now was now but I guess not.
ANAD is on its last legs, Marvel NOW 2 launches in October or something

I cant find it right now but I can tell you a few things

The creator hates the idea that slapstick cant go back to his human form and now is an angry cartoon without genitals, if he knew that would happen he wouldnt have point out that detail in his series back in 1992

>Oh I thought ANAD already ended and Marvel Now was now but I guess not.
ANAD is almost over though since it's probably a failure in marvel's eyes. Marvel Now(er) begins in fall

>So...what do you think it will be like?
More gimmicks
More relaunches and more reboots
More shit all around

So really, it's same old same old

So is Marvel just trying to tank sales again just for a short term boost?

Why don't they just turn Marvel NOW! into a book that catches up everyone on every other book?

Has anyone asked Marvel employees why they're using the same shitty name again?

Because none of them would give you a straight answer

Marvel Now was a successful branding.
All New All Different Marvel is not.

They probably figured everybody forgot about the first NOW already

youtube.com/watch?v=TWmVlgIR2HA&t=1m28s

Marvel Now was actually successful

ANAD is a flop past the first and second issue for a lot of books

>Didn't Slapstick kill some people in Avengers Initiative?
He beat the overbearing Drill Sargent (Gauntlet?) into a coma, iirc.

>the Now is broken
So they're undoing all the stupid shit from Now?

No it's to make it newer and hipper with the kids

>ANAD is a flop past the first and second issue for a lot of books
Just like DCYou! I guess it's time for Marvel r̶e̶b̶i̶r̶t̶h̶ Born Again!

The heroes are all divided at the end of their Civil War...again.

>So they're undoing all the stupid shit from Now?
Just like DC's rolling back the worst bits of Nu52!

See:
Gee, I remember when it was DC that was aping Marble and now we've come all the way around! IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIFE!

HYPERCRISIS

We'll see if Rebirth turns into just another gimmick or if it actually gets some legs.
Currently I actually have some confidence that it can actually keep some of those elevated numbers compared to before.

They're aping each other all the time

>HYPERCRISIS
Wasn't that Secret Wars III, though? Like, didn't they *literally* collapse the entire Multiverse and then recreate it?

New 52 managed to keep its numbers for the first 2-3 years before DCYou and shitty creative teams basically destroyed it, so it'll be interesting to see if Rebirth can do that well or if relaunch fatigue and double shipping will hurt it.

It was truly a chance to fix a lot of things...they let that chance slip awya and just added Miles to 616

>Currently I actually have some confidence that it can actually keep some of those elevated numbers compared to before.
They seem to have learned some lessons with the failure of DCYou ( too many new ideas all at one time that just looked like they were throwing shit at the wall to see what would stick ) and Convergence. I skipped all of the latter as well as Batman and Robin Eternal but I'm pretty happy with Green Arrow and Wonder Woman now.

>They're aping each other all the time
Sure: but Secret Wars had mad hype and most of the mini's were actually entertaining, while Convergence was an obvious bit of filler while DC moved offices from one cost to the other; now it's reversed and people are really jazzed about Rebirth while Civil War II is the obvious filler/cash grab people are ignoring.

I read a bit from both companies so I'd rather they BOTH got their shit together rather than this see-saw that they've been on, personally.

I honestly think the lack of variety and double shipping are gonna hurt it long term. Everything is now a "big" book, nothing smaller scale. I'll give it to the nu52 that much, at least they had weird little shit like Sword of Sorcery, I, Vampire, GI Combat, etc

>It was truly a chance to fix a lot of things...they let that chance slip away
That's how I felt about Secret Invasion back in the day!

Fears?

>more legacy characters like Riri replacing War Machine
>said legacy characters being under the age of 30.
>more stories catering to the age range of 18-22
>more Bendis

I'm an adult. I grew up loving Marvel. I'm gonna be 28 this year. I'm starting to get tired of reading stuff that clearly is being written towards a younger audience.

Vision had been amazing and I'm sad to see that ending. I thought Pleasant Hill was going to be the build up and reasons towards Civil Wsr 2. I really enjoyed that mini event and felt they could have gone with heroes siding with Hill and her fucked up way of imrpisonment.

But no. We have Breyanne from GoT vs Robert Downy Jr over precognition with no weight of substance.

>lack of variety and double shipping are gonna hurt it long term
I highly doubt that they'll keep it going long enough to do much damage: DCYou was supposed to be guaranteed 12 issues (so people would give the new ideas a chance w/o being afraid they'd get cancelled as soon as they got invested); that didn't last long when the sales tanked on most of them.

They're double shipping to maximize units shipped while they space out the relaunches over several months; but they'll cut back anything that's not selling well as the new #001's come out and make up the numbers.

Most of the unique/variety books weren't high sellers anyway though, plus there's the Hanna Barbera stuff, Prez vol 2 and the Young Animal books to add to variety

>That's how I felt about Secret Invasion back in the day!
Yeah, that too...how dense can they be?

King said they are telling the complete story they wanted to tell. Don't be too sad.

>I'm starting to get tired of reading stuff that clearly is being written towards a younger audience.
Disney's not exactly known for their adult fair, senpai.

Or most capeshit come to that (you get things like Astro City or Jupiter's Legacy if you start looking beyond DCU*/Marvel.)

*yeah, I know Astro is Vertigo and that's technically DC; but it's a creator owned work and it's completely outside of DCU's continuity

>how dense can they be?
Pretty dense, desu.

I mean: the first Civil War was a really good *idea* but the execution was a fucking farce; and AvX was even worse "hero vs hero because reasons" bs.

So they've had a DECADE to mull this shit over and get it right, right?? Nope, Bendy's gonna bend and we just have people acting out of character and getting into mindnumbingly stupid arguments and fights because ... just because.

>They're aping each other all the time
That's just silly, user.