The Babylon 5 Curse Continues

>Stephen Furst, actor who played Flounder in ‘Animal House,’ dies at 63

cnn.com/2017/06/17/entertainment/stephen-furst-obit/index.html

So, to update the list:

Stephen Furst, played Vir Cotto, died June 2017

Jerry Doyle, played Michael Fraggin’ Garibaldi, died July 2016.

Robin Sachs died in February 2013, played a number of aliens… Narns Na’Tok, Na’Kal; Minbari Coplann and Hedronn

Turhan Bey, played the Centauri emperor, died in September 2012.

Michael O’Hare, who played the station commander Jeffrey Sinclair for the first season, died in September 2012, two days before Bey.

Jeff Conaway, played Zack Allen, died in May, 2011

Johnny Sekka, played Dr. Kyle in “The Gathering” pilot, died September, 2006.

Andreas Katsulas, played the inestimable G’Kar, died February, 2006

Tim Choate (Zathras) died in September, 2004.

Richard Biggs, played Doctor Franklin, died May, 2004

Paul Winfield, played Doc Franklin’s dad, died March, 2004

What's this series about, anyway? Just finished all the Star Treks and need something new. Already watched Firefly and Lexx.

You should definitely try it out then. It's a more arc-heavy DS9.

NO

FUCK

I'M SO MAD

Inter-alien relations and a big bad that's coming to kill the universe.

You should really watch it. Best part, it has a beginning middle and end, and it ran for the number of seasons they needed so it's a complete story.

Also the characters are just fucking great.

all of their careers died in the 90s

Chekov is next.

>curse
It wrapped production almost 20 years ago.

I've heard it referenced as Star Trek meets Lord of the Rings. It's not a bad description.

Babylon 5 is the story of a human space station appropriately called...Babylon 5, the fifth station of it's kind built to foster a diplomatic space for interstellar peace. It's essentially a giant UN in neutral territory of outer space. The idea came about in the wake of the Earth-Minbari war which proved nearly calamitous for humanity. The previous four Babylon stations were sabotaged during construction or mysteriously vanished (a significant plot within the show.) The series is set in the mid-23rd century and the primary story arc is an ancient and ongoing war, rooted in philosophical differences, that breaks out every 10k or 1k years or so between the most ancient alien races and always brings in the younger, more vulnerable races often wiping them out. There is an equally awesome "B" arc to the series of political turmoil and civil war within the Earth Alliance, the political arm of humanity which often cripples the ability of the humans running the station to act in the ancient conflict.

The entire series' plot and arc was thought out from beginning to end, only being interrupted due to real life health troubles with an actor playing a primary character. The 90's series was also praised for it's use of digital animation. Good story. Good characters. I highly recommend it. Although I was a kid, B5 is one reason why I believe the 90's were cooler than we thought.

I honestly can't believe this :(

Basically the left side of that picture down to Molari is gone. Please, Great Maker, make it stop.

I'm still waiting for the Molari stand-alone film. Watching as a kid, I didn't appreciate the depth of that character or G'kar for that matter.

There is no curse, this is what happens when you hire a bunch of second rate actors who were all either mentally ill, drug addicts or drunks.

some people say the first season is hard to get into but if you've just gone through all the star treks you shouldn't have a problem, it's not anywhere near as boring and full of throwaway episodes as tng's first couple of seaons.

towards the end of season one and then from season two onwards all tat world building early on just lcicks into place and you've got a great foundation to the show.

you should give it a try.

>Tim Choate (Zathras) died in September, 2004.
He was fine as Zathras, but I liked him better as Zathras. Now that was a performance.

>He was fine as Zathras, but I liked him better as Zathras

Captain Sheridan. I think you're about to go where... every other man on the station has gone before.

Holy shit it's real.

Well put, sir. His portrayal of Zathras was his tour de force.

I remember jerking off to those sets. Claudia was one of my first "girlfriends."

>Claudia was one of my first "girlfriends."

That's not how you spell "waifu"

B5 and farscape are the best sci-fi TV shows, better than any trek show.

Man having a show cast reunion at this point would probably be depressing as fuck

>and some women.

They'd have to film it in a nursing home.

Nigger, Turhan Bey was fucking 90 years old and Johnny Sekka was 72 I don't think they were cursed, dumbass

>20 years ago
>freshman year of high school
>Literally nothing done with my life since then

>Posting in a B5 thread
>Clearly hasn't watched B5

You have to go back

And a few molari

Big narn cock = space bbc
Centauri = space jews

wtf, is this for real?
at the very least, they will be remembered in cinematic history

Amazes me all the good reviews I hear from people about this show

Back when it was on I just assumed it was some cheap star trek ripoff and never bothered watching even one episode

For people that have never seen this show I can sum it up for you in one sentence.

Atheist writes story about humanity telling aliens acting as Gods to leave them alone. They do. The end.

Literally Who?