It Comes At Night

>What did you have for lunch, user?
I had a tuna sandwich.
>WHERE DID THE BREAD COME FROM WHO MADE THE SANDWICH FUCKING DANGLING THREADS EVERYWHERE WHAT WAS THE MAYONNAISE SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT THIS IS BULLSHIT

who else really liked this movie?

I still think the movie might have been about zombies

The movies well shot, but has no message and the drama falls flat because you don't care about the characters because it literally rushes through everything

If you like this movie, you're an idiot tricked by competent cinematography and should watch good films like pic related instead (but you probably won't)

>WHAT WAS THE MAYONNAISE SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT THIS IS BULLSHIT
I haven't seen it but kek

Yeah I don't know why, but I just didn't feel too much tension during the movie. My friend said that it had him on edge the entire time, but I just don't how he felt that

>bottom piece of bread is missing and the guy is licking mayo from a stick hanging from the ceiling and gets offended when people tell him he's a fucking retard and what he's doing doesn't make any sense

Because there's no build up of the external threat. They encounter two rando raiders, but thats it.

Even Blair Witch Project understands this better than It Comes at Night - and that's a movie where you literally don't see shit

>don't see shit
you literally see him standing in the corner of the house at the end of the film. what do you mean you don't see shit?

>don't see shit
and in B;aor With (2016) there are split second shots of the witch as they are going through the house at the end.

I meant like seeing a witch or a monster in the woods - but BWP ultimately has a way better pay off than It Comes At Night

in some of the videogames you get to see the witch.

So did Riley Keough get /blacked/ or is it just a fever dream

If so that triples my enjoyment of the movie. She deserves more than white dick.

Not the point. It Comes At Night and Blair Witch Project are both at being inna woods, and It Comes At Night doesn't succeed at horror or being a dramatic thriller.

It reminds me of Midnight Special, where all the quality camerawork in the world can't save a meh story.

wasnt meant to reply to you but

>doesn't succeed at being a dramatic thriller.

c'mon. it was a pretty complete work of art. it gave the viewer a visually stunning and thought-provoking dramatic thriller, without straying away from the story it was telling, and gave the audience just the right conclusion.

this movie really is the current pleb/film-autist filter.

Literally R*ddit: The Opinion

I liked some shots with the lantern and the wooden cabin, but that's really not enough to sustain a film.

By the way I bet your faggot ass wouldn't "get" The VVitch

know sir. i believe you sir, quite literally put the asterisk in Reddit. plus, you can only take away "some shots with the lantern and the wooden cabin". kitsch. sure. but pleb af. the real comfy factor came from the scenes with them driving down the road through the woods, chopping wood together, and pretty much all the daytime woods scenes. also, the camera angles as they walk through the house's layout = kino! seriously, shining-era kubrick shit w/ a bitchin background noise art sound design. the film's contrasting but complimentary atmospheres in the day and night scenes. and as someone who appreciates The VVitch, i would think you would have loved that scene where kim first appears before travis in his room. maybe not the most similar of eroticisms, but similar none-the-less (in a good way!) to scenes from The VVitch.

>>bottom piece of bread is missing and the guy is licking mayo he's a fucking retard and he's doing men

who opened the door/who was sick? there was a crying baby in my theater so i may have missed it if if was hinted at

Did they ever show anything
I mean a fucking shadow or glowing eyes, anything?
Based on what I've read on here they only follow the two families.

nah any spoopy shit pretty much happens in dream sequences

anyone notice that figure in the background? immediately thereafter theres a shot of the rear view mirror and i thought there was gonna be a chase scene like zombies running