What was his endgame?

What was his endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

alexsheremet.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-place-animation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wanted to lick that so bad, it looked marvelous on the cinema screen.

wow such detail

to LYNCH

to annihilate humanity.

To be another one-off goes-nowhere talking point visual implemented by a hack fraud who has admitted on more than one occassion to just put things into his stuff because "it looks cool" but whose diehard fanbase is willing to suck their own assholes to root out some 2deep4u explanation for

get good
>Evangelion is clearly about human patterns, in the micro sense, as opposed to the superficially ‘complex’ and dull eschatological tale that makes up the bulk of the show’s action. To confuse this is to confuse the show’s real purpose, then damn Evangelion for not delivering the things you, on a personal level, want it to, rather than accepting what’s actually on the table.

alexsheremet.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-place-animation/

>I'm a retard that is intimidated by things I don't understand, which is everything

is this from shin godzilla?

Yes.

I was really disappointed in this film. I'm a diehard Godzilla fan and this movie rubbed me the wrong way.
>ignoring the 1954 film
>making Godzilla a dumb retarded looking fish thing that morphs into Godzilla
>making him WAAAY too powerful to an apocalyptic degree

Goro Maki, a scientist that dedicated his life to studying mutations caused by radiation after his wife was killed by radiation sickness somehow fused himself with a prehistoric organism that feeds on radiation to enact revenge on Japan who he felt had turned its back on him.

IT TURNS OUT IT'S MAN

Can you really hold not acknowledging the original against anybody setting out to do a Godzilla movie? It seriously limits what you're able to do. The 1954 movie worked because it was about reacting to something unheard of. Once you know what Godzilla is there's no more debate or investigation, just trying to blow it up. If the cast new what Godzilla was as soon as he got out of the water most of the movie couldn't happen as it did.

And I like the fish thing, there's only so much new stuff you can do with big bipedal Godzilla, by giving him his goofy turkey-fish stages they were able to shock people with some new designs.

Trying to be in a decent movie, but failing miserably.

Looks like Final Fantasy 5 or 6 final boss.

So you didn't like literally all the best parts of the movie? Yeah it totally would have been better if it was another convoluted clusterfuck retcon of a standalone 60 year old movie. It would have been much more enjoyable if the monster wasn't a threat and it would have been so much more interesting if the creature looked and acted like the last 30 iterations.

To mutate itself into the perfect organism, Man

>If the cast new what Godzilla was as soon as he got out of the water most of the movie couldn't happen as it did.
Most of the movie SHOULDN'T have happened the way it did. A lot of it is off putting but forgivable, but making him as powerful as he was is unforgivable and took all the fun out of what makes a Godzilla film great. I would like to see him knocking down power lines, destroying buildings, fighting other monsters and causing mayhem, not literally being so unstoppable and destructive that it is literally an apocalyptic being that could wipe out humanity.

Still better than that travesty Final Wars though.

>Yeah it totally would have been better if it was another convoluted clusterfuck retcon of a standalone 60 year old movie.
>it would have been so much more interesting if the creature looked and acted like the last 30 iterations.
Basically yeah.

I get exactly what you mean but I don't agree with your conclusion. I think that Anno did a great job of bringing Godzilla back to what I think at least are the series' roots by addressing the anxiety that comes with living in a nuclear and globalized age. There are some very scary things in the world right now and this movie was about them. Godzilla going nuclear and flattening an entire city and army might be too intense and 'real' to be fun but Anno wasn't aiming to make that kind of movie. I think that Godzilla's been fun for long enough, making him a force of pure overwhelming power and destruction again, even if just for one movie I think was a good idea. Somebody's got to address this stuff, and at the same time he made Godzilla fresh and relevant. I see no problem.

Yeah, putting deeper meaning into the film much like the original is fine and should even be encouraged but making Godzilla an existential threat to all of humanity, as opposed to a threat to a part of a city takes the fun right out of it. There's also small things that bug me in that film like Godzilla unhinging his jaw to shoot his atomic breath.

Well you sound like a gigantic faggot.

>absolutely shit designs
>but it's genius because everyone expected good designs haha

tentacle rape