Is this the greatest portrayal of a conservative character in television history?

Is this the greatest portrayal of a conservative character in television history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs
youtube.com/watch?v=kfSBMHDhFng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WHAT IS "CONSERVATIVE" REGARDING JUDE LAW'S CHARACTER?

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT "CONSERVATIVE" MEANS?

Is this good? I'm not religious and have absolutely no interest in the pope, but I'm not a hater either.

its "le edgy modern christianity" show

t. didn't watch the show

>christianity

lol embarrassing

This is very good an literally pleb filter. You don't need to be Catholic to enjoy it. Great dialogue, refreshing scenes, and a slow burn but that's part of it. It holds Catholicism in a positive light but I like that a show can respect it's material - it's a very positive show compared to all the same cynical characters we see. Jude Law is amazing in it - he tries to bring the Catholic Church back to it's roots. Even says to kick out the fags. It's a slow burn but like all great shows [Sopranos,Mad Men], it works perfectly. I'm not religious but if a show is really good it can draw you in any subject with ease.

I'm looking forward to a second season. I don't think the character is especially conservative though. I'd say he's much more dogmatic.

idk about conservative characters, but I'm 100% sure it's the greatest portrayal of what a 10/10 show is like

>Doesn't know what "conservative" means...

How are they going to make a second season?He died at the end in Venice

Unless they're going to make Voiello the Pope. In which case I will continue to watch.

Jude Law is good, but the concept is shit, and the storyline is worse than shit.

He's a Traditionalist Catholic not a conservative.

They said they'll start shooting in late 2018, and it will be not focused on Lenny. In fact, they're not sure he will be there at all. I am quite confident he died at the end of S1 and in S2 he'll appear in a vision, just like former popes appeared to him in S1,
because he has been made a saint

It's GoT tier shit and only GoT fans like it.
>I no believe in Dog
>lol jk
>ZOMG SUCH EDGY MUCH TWIST
Also everbody who says he's a traditionalist needs to hang himself. How it is possible to miss something that far is beyond me

>conservative figure

But that's what it is. It's like a Mary Sue fanfic by an alt-right teen who has just discovered Catholicism

pure kino
youtube.com/watch?v=cKUKWTkf5vs

Jude Law as Lenny is so satisfying to have on the screen, he dominates every scene and even when he isn't present, the writing and characters are great on their own merit. Probably my favourite TV character.

Best cardinal coming through

He has lots of flaws, is hated for most of the show, has 95% of the press against him. His supposed colleagues try to backstab him six gorillonz times and only fail because of incompetence, and the only satisfaction is that he performed two miracles in his life that were not done in public so no recognition.

Nigger cardinal was good but not enough screen presence.

>dude le edgy american pope

mio negro

He's just having a crisis of faith that reflects his own relationship with his parents. It's humanizing

>conservative
You keep saying that word
I do not think it means what you think it means

Fedoras don't grasp what a crisis of faith is though. Le ebin (a)gnostic (a)theist graph is all you'll get.

lol wtf man

Serious talk:
The series actually reflects how dumb such labels as "conservative" or "progressive" are.

Pope is an actual human being and incredibly complex character, he's dogmatic, he's revolutionary, he's a saint and doubts his faith etc. He's all of those things at once.
It's all outright stated.

That's why all of his adversaries fail - they think of him as someone who can be categorized as one of those things and refuse to look at him as a human, not a point on the ideological spectrum.

That's why it was made as a series and not a movie - movies has to condense characters to fit into narrative, and that's not how it works in real life. In the longer narrative you can actually explore the complexity of a human nature, and it's done brilliantly in the series.

The actual moral is - stop putting labels on people.

are you only "pretending" to be retarded?

it's conservative because it's a +2000 years old tradition
that guy isn't eruopean
the pope in this show is way different from the real current pope

No it isn't. Stop thinking in fucking Sup Forums buzzwords and see it for the honest show that it is. Oh wait, you can't.

Americans can't comprehend something if there are more than just left and right

No, fuck that little bitch. He was plotting against Lenny.

Low IQ detected, don't bother with this user

Sup Forums can't do that lol

Let the real plebs come forth

They all did at some point in the series, but they've all seen the truth by the end anyway

Season 1 was perfect imo, so I wasn't too happy with them doing a second. I love the subtle mystery of it and hope they don't attempt to explain too much of the story.

They plan on doing another story of another pope with other supporting characters, afaik

Ain't to season 2, it'll be a new show called New Pope with a new cast. Who knows if it's even set in Lennyverse. All we know is that Sorrentino is doing it, which is good enough I guess

>The Young Pope
>The New Pope
>The Last Pope

Unironically his best role ever. And nobody saw it lmao, what a loser

nigga that's like saying TD season 2 wasn't season 2

>Lenny
>Mary Sue
>American education

>youtube.com/watch?v=kfSBMHDhFng
>tfw
How did they make this show so sincere?

Great plebfilter as this thread also shows.

The Young Pope was the only piece of media that made me cry. Such a great show.

Yes.

evidence that honest filmmaking is still possiblr

faggoty comment reactions cropped in

I fucking loved this show, as did everyone in these threads when it aired in Europe.
Of course it is not perfect (sexy and you know it scene comes to mind), but it was made with such sincerity and attention to detail, just breathtaking.
The setting is beatiful, the cinematography, (most) music, the acting, the characters, the humor, I loved it all.
Voiello transforming from your average plotting adversary to a man with a heart who wants the best for the church (and humanity). Wonderfully done.

When are (((They))) gonna release a Muhammad tv show?

lol
what?