Life (2017)

If Calvin was "all brain, all muscle, all whatever"

Then why did it have a head and snake tongue after it grew?

Why did it grow extra protection for its 'head'?

How did it have predator mode vision if it didn't have eyes?

fucking this. I hated that. But it was an OK movie.

Come on guys you can't make a completely featureless monster scary

Life: the perfect movie for those that thought that the crew in Prometheus wasn't retarded enough.

Because it began that way and started changing as it grew, just like literally any lifeform?

The whole point of the thing was that it want like any other life form ever encountered, and didnt need to change as it grew

Maybe the "head" was simply formed at that point for the specific purpose of navigating and attacking. Perhaps any part of the body could have become the head only at that particular time it happened to be where it was. Maybe that form was the best setup for zero gravity.

To continue this, when it absorbed the mouse it grew these flaps that acted as a stomach, it didn't always have those and it lost them afterwards. Each cell could potentially become any part, like a stem cell, but it actually has to change to be utilised.

It's an alien lifeform with a vaguely identified nature that had been hibernating for untold millennia. Who the fuck are you to dictate any kind of roles for that?

Life: if hacks wrote alien.

And again when it was feeding off the guys leg, it wrapped its whole body around it, a new form and a new way of feeding. At the end also, it had created a whole cocoon.

Personally i think the far more likely reason is that the producers got worried the 'all muscle, all brain - organism concept would go over the audience head, and decided to change it into something that looked more like the tried and tested versions of aliens that worked in the past

>Then why did it have a head and snake tongue after it grew?

Genes.

>Why did it grow extra protection for its 'head'?

Genes, illusion of importance against predators of any type.

>How did it have predator mode vision if it didn't have eyes?- 9 posts and 1 image reply shown.

They were literally too small for the naked eye to see. Also genes.

This thing is pretty an extremely super evolved Omnivore predator that can survive and adapt to any environment and life form, except extreme temperatures of course. It might even develop sentience, or even sapience and self awareness, which would make it even more dangerous and powerful as an organism.

Just burn it to death, since fire destroys all organics ever. Except maybe tardigrades, those things mean mother fucking business, even in extreme temperatures and gravity, but also in a vacuum and in outer space, which Calvin can absorb and use its genes to adapt to virtually all possible environments that can exist.

Scratch that, it's unstoppable.

Life alien vs The Thing - who wins?

>How did it have predator mode vision if it didn't have eyes?

Life alien.

(or is it the thing mimicing it? WHO KNOWS?)

DUDE VENOM LMAO

the better question, how when the fucking space station would melt in re-orbit would a biological creature survive.

The thing was in a escape pod.

They put the station back in orbit specifically because they said it would survive re-entry.

Why am I the only person on Sup Forums that loved this movie

So I saw this thread and thought, I better watch it before you guys spoil it for me. Just got done.

I wish they hadn't gone with Calvin POV shots. I went into it feeling like no one was going to survive. Best ending since the mist. Would have liked a stinger showing Calvin rampaging.

7.5/10 for a way cool monster flick with creative some serious tension. predictable but still enjoyable.