Why do more females survive suicide attempts?

Does Sup Forums think there is a reason why females attempt suicide and have suicidal thoughts twice as often as men, yet men have 4x the number of deaths from suicide? Why do men overwhelmingly choose firearms while women choose poisoning? Could there be a difference in motivation behind these attempts?

Because women are shit at everything, that includes killing themselves

because all they want is attention so they take pills and then called their boyfriends or parents

this.

When a guy has had enough, he blows his brains out with a gun. Guys don't fuck around.

they do it for attention. All there is to it.

Because they literally cannot even kill themselves without the help of a man
They suck at everything

You don't think they mean it when they took all those pills?

do you send a woman to fight a war for you?
the ideaof a female assassin is such a popular fantasy because it is just that.

pffft. you cant even get bitches to kill a fetus when it matters.

>DO NOT POST ON SLIDE THREADS. IT IS CTR ATTEMPTING TO BAIT

Because women aren't ACTUALLY suicidal as much as they report. They just want attention.

Yes it's really that simple.

inb4 onepostbythisID, don't forget to sage mates.

of course not, they take like a bottle of aspirin or tylenol that has like a 3% chance of killing you

they just want attention while men are clearly performing honorary seppuku

Men use guns and falls and vehicles and other violent means that actually work.

Women chug a bunch of pills, throw up, then go to the hospital. Unless you have access to a chemist's lab, it's actually pretty hard to die from overdose.

>omg life is so horrible I have to end it
>take 3 Tylenol
>that oughta do it

one of my asians exes
ra from suny dickinson house delta sigma pi , binghamtom used to OD on tylenol like 100 pills whenever we had a fight and she survived everytime because i stuck my fingers down her throat and made her purge

theres ur answer
no way she would do that for me
useless annoying fuck hole

Because men are serious when they say they have had suicidal thoughts whereas women are largely seeking attention. Men choose methods of suicide that work.

oh apparently tylenol OD is a big thing there
lmao

*sudoku
Czeched

This.

It happened to a buddy of mine in high school. He broke up with his girlfriend and she took a few handfuls of tylonal PM.

>implying
>1 post by this ID

Men could be underreporting suicidal thoughts. Reporting suicidal thoughts can get you committed and possibly make you lose your basic human right to firearms.

Men dot he job right the FIRST time.

Just like a woman to fuck it all up by half-passing it!

Seriously, though, I know a woman who "attempted suicide" about 20+ times. Always going halfway in order to get attention from the man she was with at the time, but was never intending to go all the way.

women want painless deaths (when they even want death) and thus try for shit like poisoning, which is actually incredibly difficult without either legit poisons (cyanide, etc) or isolation such that treatment can't be had (most OTC ODs are easily survived with supportive treatment)

secondly, most OTC drugs aren't sold in quantities high enough to hit LD100 for most people, so they just wreck themselves for a night and fail to die.

The only thing you saved her from was liver damage.