I really hope we get to see more like Life

I really hope we get to see more like Life

Not that I'm saying it was an amazing movie, but it's a really fun formula.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u1RvmTuWO0w?t=40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Van Wilder takes me out of every movie he's in.

>but it's a really fun formula.

A bunch of supposed intelligent men and women go full retard and commit suicide by alien?

Which reactions in the movie were particularly unreasonable for you?

But yeah, panic taking on a whole new threat using various ideas.

came here to say this. It's a dumb B movie

Life is the perfect movie for those that thought that the crew in Prometheus wasn't retarded enough.

Nothing in Life compared to the 'cootchie cootchie coo' scene in Prometheus

Breaking quarantine while the creature is floating around the room trying to escape isn't exactly "L.A. Confidential" either

lmao I forgot about that scene

Then you'll remember them all keeping the door closed until the least-scientific member of the team rapidly enters some kind of override and barges in by himself to save his buddy.

All of them should have completed basic safety protocol training.

BTW I think both movies are shit. Just stating this because I don't want anyone to believe that I think Prometheus is a better movie.

>could have stopped the contamination almost immediately
>NAH BRO STEP BACK I GOT THIS DUDE SUP BRO

>really fun formula

>when everyone is too stupid to live so everyone just dies one by one because nobody in the movie makes a single intelligent decision
>fun formula

>Which reactions in the movie were particularly unreasonable for you?

How the fuck does anyone become an astronaut without knowing anything about quarantine?

DUDE VENOM LMAO

>Nothing in Life compared to the 'cootchie cootchie coo' scene in Prometheus
Oh please. I'm sure Life was pitched as "it's like the cootchie cootchie coo scene in Prometheus."

Hell, they even put it in the trailer. The dumb black guy has his fingers touching the space slimemold and it grabs him. Then other retards expose themselves.

>Domestic Gross: $30,234,022
>Foreign Gross: $68,813,216
>Production Budget: $58 million
Yeah nah it flopped. They won't be making any more.

>Which reactions in the movie were particularly unreasonable for you?
The guy that went in the lab to save the nigger just to remain locked himself.

>sacrifices herself but doesn't jump away from the station to make sure it can't get back on board

This is the woman in charge

I thought this movie was awful. 1 / 10. The absolute worst generic garbage.

Last Days On Mars is similar if you're into that kind of stuff

the twist was predictable as fuck

says monster does not like cold, for a extended period can function outside space station without any problems

What's the formula?

>Dad recommends this to me and says it's "really really good"
>mfw the whole time
>mfw then he goes on to call Kino movies "no good" while continually recommending me shit like Life and passengers

why do you have to be such a pleb dad

that's cuz you're a cunt.

space isn't cold

How do you kill the blob?
Could a xenomorph kill it?

>Rebecca Ferguson will never be your mommy

The movie was pretty dumb. As in, it's more of a generic horror film than anything related to real science fiction. Whenever it stopped to try to pretend there was anything deeper going on beneath the surface level, it was fucking laughable. The characters were cardboard cutouts, and the narrative elements was super bare bones. That being said, it was a well made and well shot film (save for the goofy and unnecessary "alien vision" shots). It also had some really fun and creative kills that really took advantage of both it's legitimately scary creature and the space setting.

It was enjoyable, but aside from a few standout moments it was pretty forgettable. I watched it yesterday, and I couldn't tell you any of the characters names or personalities (other than that Ryan Reynolds is an absolute idiot and Jake Gyllenhaal wants to stay in space forever) if you asked me.

I liked the ending though.

space is "cold" because the absence of pressure will cause liquid water to evaporate. The evaporation still requires energy, which will be pulled from the surrounding area.

the alien always looked wet and glistening

Who is paying you?

It was enjoyable enough for what it was

I was annoyed Reynolds wasn't in it more
Mixed feelings on the prospect of it being a prequel to Sony's Venom film

Ryan Reynolds being the first character to die, as well as suffering such an absolutely death, was one of the few highlights of the film. Even though it was obvious the moment that he stepped into the quarantine that he was going to die, the handsome A-list super star being knocked off first was one of the few real surprises in an otherwise generic and predictable plot. In a more average paint by numbers film, he and Gyllenhaal would have been in each other's respective roles.

>In a more average paint by numbers film, he and Gyllenhaal would have been in each other's respective roles.
Apparently they swapped roles at some point in pre-production but were originally playing each other's characters.
Not that I understand your comment though, Gyllenhaal frequently plays leading men in films

That chick drowning in her own suit was some messed up shit

>the quarantine room has vents that lead to the rest of the ship
>the CO2 flooding system doesn't lead to a sealed tank
>the alien can get in and out of the spacestation, meaning that for whatever reason the station isn't air tight
>it grows a face to scare the audience
>jap astronaut feels an impact on the station and assumes it a rescue operation for some reason, even though communications are out
>the ending was shit

Creative deaths
Good/appropriate horror ending

Suffers from the usual horror movie flaws - the decision making of the characters is beyond retarded, where each move simply helps set up the next kill

>WE CAN NOT CLOSE THE AIR VENTS ALL AT ONCE
>THE CPU IS OVERHEATED
>WE ARE OUT OF GAS AFTER 10 SECONDS
>LOOK AT MY ELECTRIC STICK MADE OUT OF GLASS
>THE ALIEN SWALLOWED THE TRACKING THING
and so on. who passed this script?

>Apparently they swapped roles at some point in pre-production but were originally playing each other's characters.

Interesting. I guess it must kind of come across in the final product then, because I hadn't heard that at all.

>Gyllenhaal frequently plays leading men in films

Yeah, but Reynolds is a far bigger name and was featured far more heavily in the promotional material iirc. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't even even know Jake Gyllenhaal was in the film until I popped it on.

Don't get me wrong though, Jake is both a far stronger actor and a much better fit for that role so I think they made the right call.

This is literally the most disappointed I've ever been while watching a trailer
> wow a big-budget movie discussing the discovery of alien life
>WATCH OUT ITS EVIL

Life is unironically better than any Alien movie. You can't prove this wrong.

>lol you don't shower
>lol you ugly
top banter

Back off, she's my waifu!

Jake Gyllenhaal is the lead in probably three times as many movies as Ryan Reynolds is the lead you absolute pleb

Yeah, the lead in smaller mid-to-low budget productions.

Ryan Reynolds is more of a house hold name, and was in one of last years biggest blockbusters.

Yea, if you're into capeshit. I couldn't name a single movie Reynolds had the lead in besides Deadpool, Green Lantern, and Van Wilder.

KANEDA! WHAT DO YOU SEE?

I'm not into capeshit, like I said Gyllenhaal is on another level in terms of actual acting ability, but in fucking reality Ryan Reynolds is a much more bankable and probably more expensive star. Something that should be obvious to anyone not living under a rock. Despite being a piece of shit, Deadpool was of the biggest box office success stories in recent memory and it succeed almost solely in the charisma of Ryan Reynolds. From the studio's perspective, they'd probably want to make sure he's in the movie as much as possible if they're spending the dosh to get him in their big budget scifi movie. It took a bit of balls to kill him off as early as they did, that's all I'm saying.

The Voices was enjoyable
But I think like 10 people saw that in total

Kill him and delete his IMDB account to preserve your honor

Most people don't understand that these kind of movies are basically "slasher" movies in space.

You don't question stupid decisions by "teens" in Scream. But they do question stupid decisions by "scientists" in space completely forgetting the point of these movies.

We watch these movies to see people get killed in creative ways and I'd say Life succeeded at that.

Solid 6/10. Would watch with gf for maximum comfy.

The ending was well edited with the blackbox recording, music, and the screams from both actors were quite good.

youtu.be/u1RvmTuWO0w?t=40s