Finally watched Beyond and it was way fucking better than Into Darkness

Finally watched Beyond and it was way fucking better than Into Darkness.

I'm starting to get the impression that Abrams is a hack and things get immediately better any time they get rid of him. Rogue One was way better than The Force Awakens too, and you know why? No fucking Abrams. I'm now looking forward to The Last Jedi much more because Abrams isn't attached to it.

Seriously, why the fuck is Abrams so praised?

Other urls found in this thread:

maddogmovies.com/almost/scripts/raidersstoryconference1978.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Star Trek 2009 was good though.

Yes, it was, and I get the distinct feeling that Abrams wasn't responsible for that fact. I have to assume the problems with that movie were his fault and it would have been even better without him.

Beyond was better.

Even as a non star-trek fan i felt it did the universe more justice and didnt just use it as a backdrop for an action flick.

The Eugenics Crew aka Star Trek 2009 was a disgrace to everything Star Trek stands for.

star trek is dead. doesn't matter how many kids watch this crap, they'll never give a shit about.

A lot of people agree Beyond felt more like an actual Star Trek episode. Which is a good thing for it.

I just realized, Star Trek Beyond is one of the rare exceptions to the tradition where the third entry in a trilogy sucks. In fact it's the best of the trilogy.

The problem wasn't Abrams, but the fucking terrible script by Orci and Kurtzman. Those idiots don't have a single good movie or script in 20 years in the indrustry.

It was the worst one.

your bait is shit old man

People bitch about Rey being a Mary Sue, but JJA made every fucking crew member a Mary Sue. Born special and able to do shit that no one else can do without any training. It's the fucking opposite of what ST should be about. It's like he turned them all into a bunch of Khan.

At least when they did that to Bashir in DS9 it wasn't just accepted like it was nothing and it was part of the plot/ character growth/relationships.

>Enemy in a Sci Fi film is beaten by playing Rock Music
>In Space

Why do serious movies take their plots from parody movies now? GotG was like that fucking Zoolander movie with it's dance-off? This one was like Mars Attacks.

Into Darkness was fucking shit

Yes, everyone agrees on this one. I was pleasantly surprised that they went on to make a good movie because usually it's just all downhill.

2009 was fun because of the grat casting, that made up for a lack of interesting story.

Into Darkness was just dire.

Beyond was great, shame it flopped.

It played through the radios of the baddies' fleet

Yet JJ Abrams keeps hiring them. And judging from Force Awakens, JJ Abrams and Kasdan are even worse than these two hacks

I don't understand why people get so autistic about the dance-off. The entire point was that he was doing something stupid and attention grabbing to distract Ronan.

>Finally watched Beyond and it was way fucking better than Into Darkness.
No it wasn't. It wasn't even close.

In the sense that it wasn't even close to being as bad as Into Darkness. Because it was significantly better.

>Kasdan
>He is best known as co-writer of the films The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Return of the Jedi.

Are you sure about that?

Hold the phone. Rogue One was not better than TFA. Admittedly both were shit that make Attack look compelling, but at least I can recall the names of the new characters in Awakens. I can't remember anything about Rogue besides le quirky quipbot.

Awakens still felt like a Star Wars movie.

Because startrek 2009 made a shit load of money and that equates to every single person Involved being amazing at their jobs in Hollywood.

How do you have such a short attention span that you find it hard to remember things about recent movies? Do you fall asleep or some shit? Or is it just some meme to say that you don't remember anything about a movie instead of offering any criticisms of it? Even for movies I dislike, it's easy to remember the details. Like, if you have trouble following a fucking STAR WARS movie, maybe this hobby isn't for you.

Even his old shit like Felicity was shit. Abrams should not have been attached to Star Trek in the first place. It boggles the mind that this keeps happening. Is it because he's Jewish?

>t. Gareth Edwards

JJA has such a hard on for time travel that it was the plot of the Felicity finale. No joke. He put timey wimey shit in a drama show.

>t. faggot without an argument

Yes these are just lies. Read the transcript for Indy brainstorming session. George lays out the whole story himself, Kasdan only listens.
maddogmovies.com/almost/scripts/raidersstoryconference1978.pdf
For ESB, it's the same Kasdan has nothing to do with the story.
But you have to know when George hired Spielberg for Indy, it's Spielberg that brought Kasdan as script writer, not Lucas. This guy was basically a secretary who got wrongfully credited for George's work.
And if you still doubt that, just watch Force Awakens. Do you think it's the guy that wrote Indy and ESB? And btw, Kasdan wasn't even there for ANH. If he was there, he would have stolen the credits as well

Huh... it all makes sense now.

Spielberg helped him because he's jewish, just like he helped JJ ABrams and the new Han Solo guy, "discovered at a Bar Mizah". Now Kasdan is doing the same with his offspring, it's his son that is co-writing the Han Solo movie. It will be dog manure you can be sure of it. There is so much nepotism right now at Lucasfilm it's sickening

From a neutral standalone perspective, as a non-virgin, non-trekkie:

Star Trek 2009 > Into Darkness > Beyond

It's understandable that you might disagree if you're a fucking nerd trek taliban. But to everyone else it's really like that.

Beyond
>Written by Simon "dude fuck nerd culture" Pegg; ironically the nerdiest star trek movie of the new franchise and the one with the worst writing.
>Complete lack of charm, cool and atmosphere. Feels like an inconsistent gap between the other two.
>Scotty has the most screentime; whenever Scotty is not on screen the other characters talk about Scotty or are trying to contact him.
>Idris Elba stinking up the place. Nonsensical finale even by sci-fi standards.

Oh, I'd love to hear your explanation of how Into Darkness' writing is better than Beyond's. Please, humor us.

Star Trek 2009 was an excellent Sylvester Stallone movie.
Had nothing to do with Star Trek, but still, it was great at the 80s' schlock action for action style.

They are producers too, you can't take the guys putting part the money out of the project, even if they are hacks.

Pretty much like Snyder and his wife.

Because Rogue One was fucking boring.

>Awakens still felt like a Star Wars movie.
It felt like a shitty fan film with only semi competent effects work (the tentacle monsters were ass), not a "Star Wars" film