What made this movie way less popular than Prometheus...

What made this movie way less popular than Prometheus? I remember when Prometheus came out there were TONS of threads for it and people were meming about it like crazy.

As far as I can tell no one has given two-shits about Covenant or even created any interesting threads for the film since it's been released. Is this board still full of Marvel cucks?

Some tripfag cunt called Mr Eko kept making "Prometheus Daily Threads" every day from the film's announcement to its final release, hyping it up as the movie that would save science-fiction cinema.

Then it came out and was a 6/10 at best that retroactively ruined the Lovecraftian atmosphere of the original Alien, and I assume people were too ashamed to pull that shit for Covenant after hyping up such a disappointment for well over a year.

Because Prometheus was the big Alien comeback movie from Ridley Scott himself.

It didnt live up to the originals so people knew Covenant wouldnt be that great either.

Only way to have another crazily anticipated Alien movie is for Cameron to direct.

Most logical answer I've heard to be honest.

Thanks user.

Am I only one who thought the beginning was pretty lame. The way that those 2 guys stepped on those pods which were basically unstoppable and invisible facehuggers. That seemed like a really shitty way to start the killing.

but covenant was great though :(

prometheus was a disappointment and ridley scott has also been consistently disappointing for like a decade

>What made this movie way less popular than Prometheus?

Prometheus.

people wanted to see Prometheus because of aliens.
people didnt want to see covenant because of Prometheus

>What made this movie way less popular than Prometheus? I remember when Prometheus came out there were TONS of threads for it and people were meming about it like crazy.

I don't know, OP. Why did people hype up Phantom Menace before it came out, and then didn't get hyped about Attack of the Clones? It's a real head-scratcher

samefag

Prometheus was full of promise and potential and this was fucked from the start. Also the first one had a lot of different things going on and this one is just a slasher.

It was alright, I enjoyed it about as much as Prometheus.

But the original 2 were so good, simply making a decent sci-fi movie isnt enough.

Covenant was pure trash and so are you

Normies.

>Prometheus comes out
>waaah this movie has no alien and Engineers are boring!
>Covenant adds three aliens
>waah aliens are boring we wanted Prometheus 2! with more Engineers!

Scott should stop listening to plebs.

Prometheus was pure trash and Covenant was great

Suck me user. Get down on your mothafuckin knees and suck.

Scott should stop making movies

Prometheus sucked so everyone was already pre disappointed with covenant. Then Covenant also sucked as we expected.

>why aren't people on Sup Forums talking about this

a decent torrent is not out yet

I feel like I'm one of the only people on Sup Forums that enjoyed Covenant.

Underrated post.

prometheus leaned hard on the alien franchise in order to put asses in seats, the movie itself shat all over the alien franchise.

all covenant had to lean on was prometheus. Meaning most people were content to either not see it at all or wait until it was available outside of theaters.

Its simply the fact of making a bad movie means people are less inclined to see the sequel.