Do Europeans really not tip people? What if they do a great job and go above/beyond?

Do Europeans really not tip people? What if they do a great job and go above/beyond?

>What if they do a great job and go above/beyond?
Do you tip doctors if they do great jobs?

europeans have mch better wages and social nets so its not necessary. however I do some places in Russia where tipping is normal, so I think they are adopting it.
also most of the world accepts tipping, but unlike the US its not frowned upon to not leave it in my experience

Doctors make 6 figures, but I get my PCP a card and something small for Christmas.

I mean more for people not making much. Like my mailman who I tip $100.

No. They get paid like everyone else. Why would I give them my own money for something they already are getting paid for?

>however I do some places in Russia where tipping is normal
It is not, someone fucked you over.

Tiping is cancer. Sadly in Russia this tradition exist. Just pay the fucking wage like every other profession

in restaurants with waiters you should tip

So when you go to the strip club with your friends you don't tip the strippers?

Only ever tipped one person in my 37 year old life.
A cab driver who drove like a racing driver when my dog was sick. Gave him 500 SEK above the rate.

Just beat a chess master and told him to suck my dick but before I could he left the room.

Do you think he will come back later to review the game and see my message?

I sure hope so. He is so mad right now lmao.

it wasn't me who instigated it. I saw several other russians tipping and asked my friend and he said it was normal there. I think it's a pretty recent phenomenon. I never had to do it in a small town in russia though

Never been to a strip club. Not even sure there is any here in Sweden.

>tipping
>exists
>for every other job
Work on your English, mate.
Said who?
Some pretentious fancy establishment probably.

>do a great job and go above/beyond?
We tip for outstanding service and then we tip as we see fit.

You tip at restaurants. Not fastfood joints. Especially if you have a girl with yourself, you don't want to look like a cheapskate. 10% is plenty. Usually to round up the number. So if you ordered food for 142PLN and leave 150PLN on the table it's a-okay. Protip is to pay with card. Then you can forget about tips, noone gives a shit.
You tip the guy who delivers you food (the prevailing meme is that if you don't the malicious delivary guy spits in your food).

That's all

There is a few clubs here in Sweden buddy.

>So when you go to the strip club with your friends you don't tip the strippers?
No, you pay the entrance fee and then if you want a private show but the main dancers don't get anything (nor do they expect it).

The clubs make their money from the entrance fee and brutally expensive alcohol (even by Scandinavian standards...)

>Said who?
Kys dumbass.

We tip when the service is above incredible. I've only tipped 3 times, but they deserved it. And of course I'm not gonna tip small if the service is good.

>Some pretentious fancy establishment probably.
Nope even in Кpyжкa people leave tips.

>brutally expensive alcohol
This.
Went to a stripclub in Stockholm when my friend turned 30, a 0.5 liter beer was 17 Euro..

Sounds boring

>There is a few

Not that guy, but you really need to work on your grammar, buddy.

And I've never heard of any strip clubs either.

I only tip when the waitress is really attractive.

And when I tip, I tip like the size of my penis. Big.

Strip clubs in general are boring and full of shit tier people.

>Let me tell you about country customs
Fuck off, dumbass.
>even in Кpyжкa
Never heard of.

My grammar mirrors my blood alcohol level at the moment.
But yes, there is actually several strip clubs in Stockholm alone. Just google it.

kek, there is a thing here in restaurants which is called the 10%, 10% of what you consume is added at the end of the bill and it's supposedly given to the waiter, but it's optional

I ask them every time to remove the 10% kek

>there is actually several

You just did it again, idiot.

I tip if I feel the waiter made a good effort and ensured we were comfortable but that's not often

Did what?

it's "there be several"

what the FUCK

>made a good effort
I.e. did his fucking job because people tip waiters in American movies? It's pretty damn retarded.

You said "is" when it was supposed to be "are".

Oh. Well kek.
Skål!

It's Monday, you fucking degenerate.

Do Americans really give their tips to the surgeons?

Yes, we also tip our mass shooters if they're accurate.

Stop being such a fucking poorfag
>flag
oh wait....

Who gives a shit?

Decent folk.

I'm not decent. I'm a WT born, NEET for life son of a bitch.

You don't understand, in America a waiter makes less than half of the federally mandated minimum wage and is then taxed on the minimum wage whether they made it or not. So, the federal government in America says a person must make at least $7.25 per hour, but a waiter or bartender can legally be paid $2.13 per hour but still has to pay taxes on $7.25 per hour, so they absolutely rely on a decent tip from every customer.

In every other country a waiter just makes a normal wage and tips are a bonus

>WT

I have no doubt that you're shitty, but that's an American thing that doesn't really exist here.

in the remote chance i go to usa i wont tip them lmao get rekt

How the hell is that even legal?

>he federal government in America says a person must make at least $7.25 per hour, but a waiter or bartender can legally be paid $2.13 per hour but still has to pay taxes on $7.25 per hour

How is that possible?

fuck no, I ain't giving my money to some teenage vacation worker or some refugee for completing basic human tasks for which they already get payed by their boss

>Never heard of.
You are not from Moscow?

>doesn't exist here
Ser att du aldrig någonsin lämnat rummet du bor i...

Anything is legal in America so long as you have enough money or influence to buy a handful of politicians

I live near the border, there is a small diner called the Wickachee on the American side. They attract a lot of Canadian customers because they often give the currency exchange at par (a common marketing tool in border towns). They used to have little signs on the tables that said something like "To our valued international customers, please be aware that in America it is customary to tip your server 15%-20%, this allows us to maintain our high standard of service. Thank you for your patronage."

because america is fucking retarded
exactly. I never had to tip in a smaller city, only in Moscow was it the norm and only in some places

If you reward people for good behavior you'd also need to punish people for bad behavior and I feel a little like Sweeney Todd every time I leave my home.

Waiters/waitresses are expected to be paid according to a contract. Not by sucking their customers off in order receive a tip if they’re lucky. Similar to the healthcare system

Dude.. W have more WT people than you can imagine..
Here in Norrköping the streets are full of them.
They all look the same.
>piercings
>tattoos
>fat
>hoodies (usually with some ugly motive like a wolf) and flip flops
>drives some old pre 90's car
>shops only at Lidl and Netto

I live in an area with only such people.

It. Does. Not. Exist. Here.

It's a very American thing. You saying you're white trash is like Abdi in Hammarkullen saying he's a West Coast nigga from south central. It makes no sense at all and the degrees of severity involved are worlds apart.

fuck them
here people fought for countless years to get decent conditions of work, why should i tip a subhuman who cant do it? would be disrespectful so fuck you

I know you're stupid, but try your best to understand anyway.

I'll tip them my fedora before I leave the establisment

Literally every single Swedish forum disagrees with you.
Probably WT your self and ashamed of it.

>Literally every single Swedish forum disagrees with you.

That's an idiotic argument if I ever heard one.

Look, I have no doubt that you have an idea of what "WT" means. But when you're using it in contexts where most people will NOT have the same idea of what that means, you need to be aware of that and use it sparingly. Because American white trash is not at all the same thing as what you think of yourself as when you say you're "WT".

I have some sympathy because America ranks 18th in corruption and I imagine it's difficult for poor waitstaff to overcome this, but Italy ranks 60th so I can understand why you would say fuck them. Apparently Italy is corrupt as all fuck so if your waiters could do it America's definitely should be able to.

and the only way to change this is to stop tipping

But if I'm saying I'm WT I mean my version of WT don't I? It's still WT.

My whole argument is about cultural context, so I don't really care what a bunch of Swedish speakers think of that loanword. My concern is when you start using it improperly in English. If you want to call yourself uncultured lower class, then that's fine. Do that.

That's wrong.

Minimum wage for people who receive at least $30/month in tips is $2.13/hour. They have to declare their tips as income so it gets taxed. If they don't get enough tips to hit minimum wage, the employer has to pay the difference.

basically as you say
if a 3rd worlder with no teeth asks for a little money to feed his 24 kids that are eating dirt cookies in honduras i could understand, it's out of their possibilities to get better conditions anytime soon i could understand
but not to pay for the weed of a lazy waiter who is not interestedin getting treated like a human
if reservoir dogs says the truth it's not just a work for uni studs but also for many women who couldnt find better so there's no excuses

that wont make me tip
get fired and go somewhere else

Good, it seems you put some thought into what I said and now I think you're getting the point: you have to explain to people what you mean properly. That's especially when there's a high probability that the words you're using have different meanings and connotations with your audience than they do in your own mind.

>You are not from Moscow?
Is this some kind of an astonishing surprise to you?

Thank the prohibition.

Yeah, except who wins in court? The restaraunt owner that says his waitress did make enough cash tips or the waitress that says she didn't? Or, the owner pays it then cuts her hours. Or the owner pays it then increases the prices on the menu to cover the difference. Any way you cut it the practise of paying $2.13 per hour and expecting tips to cover the rest is bullshit and is only done in America and maybe a few other uncivilised shitholes.

>Minimum wage for people who receive at least $30/month in tips is $2.13/hour.

Wow, that's a REALLY shitty deal.

Well I should have phrased it better. Federal minimum wage is $7.25/hour.

Tipped people can be paid as low as $2.13/hour, but if you factor in the tips and they made less than $7.25, the employer has to pay to get them to $7.25/hour

Restaurants are required by law to track tips for tax purposes. If they don't track them accurately, they can face heavy fines. The government doesn't fuck around when it comes to taxes.

>Tipped people can be paid as low as $2.13/hour, but if you factor in the tips and they made less than $7.25, the employer has to pay to get them to $7.25/hour

It's still an extremely shitty deal, and your minimum wage is extremely low in any case.

That's just the federal minimum wage law. Many states have higher minimum wages and a lot of restaurants pay that + the employee keeps tips

I don't think about tips, but if the bill comes in to like 46.70€ i'll just give them 50€ and let them keep the change.

I still think minimum wages are pretty stupid to begin with. We don't have them and we're doing alright.

>if the bill comes in to like 46.70€

Please don't give Americans the impression that they can pay with euros here.

I sometimes tip a couple bucks but that's only for great service

I get down on my knees and I give them a blowjob

>give the tip to the mutt
>he asks me to go deeper

in greece we tip

Nah. You only tip at restaurants, sometimes bars/pubs here

No, because your wage is set at a rate that makes you perform well, meeting or exceeding standards of customers inherently.
If you need to get tipped to do a good job, you need to get shot instead.

Tips here are optional and far from normal. Tends to happen at places frequented by wealthy folk and if you are a cute grill.

Most bosses just take your tips however, under the guise of funding some bullshit christmas party.

Yeah, when I was working in Germany at beer tent (Bavaria themed, with drinks and meat) you could get fired for taking tips, they told us we need to put it into register and we will get "extra" after contract ends (no one seen that money, just excuses)

>Expecting anything from your employers besides exploitation.

To be fair though, at least you have integrity to show for it.
If you still remember who it was write a bad review. Bound to turn someone away. They'll lose much more than what they gained from breaking their promise.

We do, except waiters aren't paid 3 fucking peanuts a month so it's not mandatory like in the US

No because they actually get paid
Also we give sone money like 5 euros for a small meal for example if the service was good or the waiter just nice

I tip 10% most of the time but it seems like an American thing. I don't remember it being that popular in the past

maybe it helps that multinationals are slowly buying everything up everywhere and people need tips to make decent wages

My dad used to tip in restaurants, but not anymore because hardly anybody carry cash. We don't have that receipt tip thing you got there over in America.

Nah. He's out of business now. He run a deficit for some time, and sold all. Karma I guess

>We don't have that receipt tip thing you got there over in America.

You do. It's called service charge or something similar.

We don't tip, but we overpay when there is an occasion.
Because we always use cash and every person pays for himself there is usually more money in the pile than the party owes.
If the party may decide that the extra is for the establishment.

I've seen it, but it's not common, unless it's a fancy place. Sometimes the whole group have scourge any loose change they have to give some kind of tip, because card payment is so mainstream and cash is becoming rare.