Fucking awful

discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

marvelfags are cancer but dcuck like you are the worst

fpbp

objectively better than Batman v Superman

/thread. The blatant shilling is fucking disgusting. Wonder woman was hot fuckin' trash outside of pine's above average performance. This is coming from a guy who enjoyed the fuck out of BvS

5/10 movie, would be bumped up 1.5 points if the CGI wasn't atrocitus

Not the best but it's not bad whatsoever. No idea why everyone says so on here even though they only ever make fun of 1 scene in the film

>if you call a marvel movie awful, you must be a dcuck

Captain America: Civil War > Deadpool > X-Men: Apocalypse > Batman vs Superman > Doctor Strange > Suicide Squad

Maybe, but all of those are such hot garbage it doesn't really matter.

It's not your fault

This. It has great action and a pretty good story, Sup Forums just hates anything associated with marvel now

entertaining, but the entire plot if built on a retarded premise

lol capeshit is dumb do i fit in now guys

praise zack snyder and the DC movies then you will
winter solider killed tony stark's parents and zemo exploited that knowledge as part of a plan to break the avengers apart. How is that retarded?

>It has great action
where are those webms??

I didn't watch this, should I just for the memes?

It's not your fault

>everyone who doesn't like marvel movies is a dcuck

Not the OP, but I agree with him; Civil War was bad. It started off decently, with a solid introductory sequence, but then it just kept adding shit and adding shit and adding shit until, by the two-thirds point, you have like 6 different plots going on concurrently and there's no thematic overlap for any of them and half of them are commercials for future films. Then there's the ever-present tonal whiplash problem that keeps coming into play with these Marvel films where it swings wildly from quippy up-beat action humor to soul-crushing tragedy so fast it leaves your head spinning, and before you can think about it it swings right back again.

Couple this with surprisingly poor cinematography that made the film look like it was running at ~16fps and therefore physically difficult to watch, action choreography that mostly consisted of janky-cam and jumpcuts, questionable green screen effects, "hey guys remember that really old movie, The Empire Strikes Back?", and the fact that Cap's quest to find Bucky - ostensibly the core of the film that was being built up to in the previous entry - was sidelined for more Iron Man and the Avengers, making the main story a subplot in its own film, and you have a real clunker of a movie.

It's not your fault

fucking awesome great movie

discuss

disney shill BTFO

thats actually fine for action. Why isn't that posted more? Why is the action in the rest of the film so awful?

>Why is the action in the rest of the film so awful?
its really not. When cap and winter solider fight the swat guys on the staircase is even better

This movie was so cheesy, and the bird guy has the worst costume and powers.

Fuck this film. I didn't particularly like BvS but at least it had a vague feeling of passion behind it (don't mistake my saying that for implying the passion produced quality).

This was the most overhyped and overrated piece of capeshit released to date, no other film recieved so much swill about "wow it's such an important moment in the comics", "it's so meaningful", "powerful", "it's gonna be epic", then turned out to be such a pile of nothing. I nearly slept through the fucking thing,

I'm not gonna target anyone on here in particular and say "YOU ARE WRONG" for saying they liked it, but fuck me I have no idea how they managed to stretch this shit over such a bloated runtime, only for it to end with literally zero emotional impact; of course if the cap/iron man final conflict had been over something really embedded in the Cinematic Universe then maybe it'd mean something, but as it was it felt like some shoehorned deus ex machina because the writers couldn't justify what the presumably comics managed to.

The action scenes were lame as shit, the one highlight being Ant-Man going big and actually adding something resembling entertainment to the film, but then maybe I just remember that bit because the colour red took up more screen-space than grey for a brief second.

I don't even hate marvel movies, or superhero movies for that matter, and I'm not entirely sure how I'd pinpoint the exact thing that made me hate this one so much, probably the fact that I came out listening to everyone raving about it and just wondered if I'd seen another movie. I'm not even a contrarian, most of my opinions on films are pretty much what everyone else says but this film fucking disgusted me. I wish I had slept through it so I didn't have such a horrible blight in my memory.

>deadpool and xmen that high
>doctor strange that low

kys

Man of Steel>Batman v Superman>X-Men: Apocalypse>Captain America: Civil War>Suicide Squad>Guardians of the Galaxy 2>Doctor Strange>Deadpool>Logan

bad action, atrocious cgi, phoned in acting

it's pretty much a trainwreck and I didn't even like BvS that much

It's not your fault

>Logan worse than all of those movies including suicide squad
fuck off

>don't mistake my saying that for implying the passion produced quality
but it did. BvS was kino

the action is, well, marvel-tier but the story is ok

>all these guys mentioning BvS
You know two different movies can be awful, right?

I only made it fifty minutes into the movie and it was seriously the most overhyped piece of garbage capeshit I've seen since the Avengers

over hyped does not equal bad. Suicide Squad is one of the worst movies Ive ever seen meanwhile

I liked winter soldier much more, this is better than age of ultron but still just OK. GotG is the best flick series from Marvel, I appreciate feelsgood movies these days

I hate how they turned the MCU into a joke..

Iron Man 1 and Winter Soldier was pure kino.
I wonder what happened..

Marvel NEEDS to change.

Something new, not this formulaic, eye-rolling quip festival.

Kevin Feige needs to go.

The filmmaking in Logan was television tier, the characters were boring, the dialogue bordered from barely functional to cringeworthy and the action was laughable

>reddit spacing

Ragnarok MAY break away from the formula. No hope for Spidey and that We Wuz Capeshit flick though

I wouldn't say it is garbage but it is incredibly overhyped. Nobody criticized it on Sup Forums until the HD webrip torrent became available. Even then, there were multiple drones calling you a contrarian shithead if you posted saying you didn't think it was the perfect movie.
I can't believe they released a fucking noir version into theaters. How pretentious can you get?

ignoring all of that, my point was that Logan is hardly the worst of the movies that user ranked

Out of all those movies I found it to be utter shite
At least Deadpool made me laugh exactly one time through the whole fucking movie

will captain america ever have to grapple with the destabilizing effects of american foreign policy in the middle east

that would be a cool movie, watching him get demoralized after his squad gets killed by an IED or the he's raiding a base or some shit and he sees kids and then a US drone strikes their position

the only thing destabilizing the middle east is Islam

>the only thing destabilizing the middle east is Islam
you forgot about the greatest ally

"Nobody does action like the Russos!"

u kno it

How hard is it to keep up with the 180 rule bros?

>1000 years of Ottoman rule
>empire collapses in WW2
>brits and france carve up the middle east
>don't really care all that much about where the lines get drawn
>set the table for 100 years of conflict that is now coming back to haunt them
>islam is the thing destabilizing the middle east!

Though desu I feel like the Middle East is kinda like Europe in the 15th-16th century. Savage religious wars all over the place - mostly between different sects of the same religion (most of the people killed in 30 yrs war were christain, most of the people getting killed in syria are muslims)

WW1 I mean, oops

>No wonder Civil War’s big blow-out — half the superheroes pointlessly battling the other half in a Leipzig airport — becomes repetitious and calamitous. It’s the most pointless, decadent scene of the year so far. Directing team Anthony and Joe Russo work by-the-numbers, staging blurry, undecipherable action and rounding up extraneous Marvel characters Ant Man (Paul Rudd) and Spider Man (Tom Holland) for comic relief. It’s rebooting on top of rebooting simply because fanboys love a reboot; that’s how pathetically indoctrinated we’ve become

Can't tell, gave up on capeshit after the Ultron mess.

t. turkroach

its not france and england's fault that muslims are backwards savages

potatoroach actually

>be notorious collection of savage child-fucking slaving mass-murdering sandniggers
>not once in the thousand+ years of our religion have we got along
>turkish empire has to all but enslave everyone to get us to cooperate
>get btfo by modern countries
>oil is the only thing keeping us afloat
>instant it runs out we'll be incinerate by a world that actually hates us but needs the oil

Being a self-aware Turk is suffering

That splash page shot just does not work because it's too far away and the background is empty and offers no scale.

Wanda landing then spamming concrete at Spidey is cool.

I think this is fine. Sup Forums is just autistic as usual

based

See>clone of a leaf is a spic
>she acts like a mute for half the movie
>has ZERO questions for her father, the past, everything
>that shit vibration thing charles did
>retorts to logan like a spoiled shit on the monologue near the end of the movie
only thing out of her mouth that wasn't complete shit was the quote from Shane

yeah, suicide squad was perfectly fine though

Quip-free, different tone:

> Scarlet Witch movie directed by Jennifer Kent with supernatural horror and creepy evil shit Chthon. Emotional, drama-focused.

Very few jokes, except by snarky Agatha Harkness.

suicide squad isn't on trial, and it wasn't put on a fucking pussy pedestal

Holy shit this is awful.

>implying such a thing will happen

user they have a formula now

>clone
>based on DNA
pick 2

horrible movies are worse then ones that are rated slightly too high. Logan was the best capeshit movie in quite sometime

It's like an episode of Alias.

They are great at character scenes, though.

The interactions between Tony and Steve, Wanda and Vision, T'challa and T'chaka are the best parts of the film.

The action set-piece are the weakest part of the film.

>atrocitus

Yes, I'm on Sup Forums.

superhero masterpiece

KEK

>awful
>half a dozen jews earned more than everyone in this board will ever manage to in their entire lives, times 10

While you people complain, some people are making bank to allow their 100th next generation to live a comfortable life.

You are rats running in their mazes, and you are smug about it. So sad, so helpless.

What's your solution?

I'm really concerned about the ridiculous ratings those movies are getting when most of them of decent at best. Are people paid to upvote those things to hell?

Disney has critics by the balls.

nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html?_r=0

>Whether that is enough — whether the fractures in the Rebel Alliance and the power struggles in the imperial ranks quicken our pulses and engage our emotions — is the big question, but it really isn’t a question at all. Millions of people will sit through this thoroughly mediocre movie (directed with basic competence by Gareth Edwards from a surprisingly hackish script by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy) and convince themselves that it’s perfectly delightful. It’s so much easier to obey than to resist. The spoiler warning sent by the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”

the average movie fan is now a manchild. Need some sort of gimmick genre to get them interested i.e. capeshit, scifi

>even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”
>New York fucking Times already calling Disney out for buying reviews
Jesus christ

most of the marvel movies have been better then force awakens

>the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”
TOPPEST OF TOP KEKS

And people will go watch the next Star Wars thinking they're somehow helping the underdogs of cinema (muh female protagonists) while feeding their overlords.

How ironic.

They had a fucking superhero battle that ended because a guy actually got hurt. That shit was cringe worthy.

Civil War is like a bunch of kids playing war on the playground and then they realize it's not fun when someone scratches their knee.

>The spoiler warning sent by the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”
Literally and unironically why is this allowed?

The best of the CA movies, and much better than the last batch of Marvel flicks. Still, I'm not sure if this is praise.

CW used the john wick 2 guys as second unit directors and it shows that they really know their stuff

just like ruby rose mirror "fight" in john wick 2, where she doesn't land a single hit on wick because she simply isn't strong enough, the same thing here applies

widow & 13 are better trained but all their hits on winter soldier do no damage to him, widow gets on his shoulders and throws multiple elbow strikes and he just shrugs them off and is about to snap her neck until she's saved by panther

surface normies and yasss queens will like it b/c muh strong womyn, but in reality if you watch these kind of fight scenes it shows the true difference in strength between men and women. action kino

>if you call a dc movie awful, you must be a marvelshill

It was fun

The DC v Marvel war is just trolling and shitposting.

I think CW was great and I make dumb "BvS is kino" threads all the time.

Post-Avengers capeshit

Winter Solider > Logan > Civil War >>>>> everything else