Do Americans have a Smart speaker in every home?

Do Americans have a Smart speaker in every home?
Amazon is advertising so and trying to sell it in Japan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/biRVyHLNuu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

its trendy now because they are cheap but most people who got one for xmas will probably only use it for music and weather. i find them useless and invasive. i hate smart anything aside from phone.

No but Hipsters do now because they got it during Christmas

most of the consumer electronics is useless garbage and they advertise every dumb minor shit like a life changer

every normie i know has one

>i hate smart anything
spoken like a true American

I don't want a scumfuck company's listening device in my home.

>tfw all this smart hype doesn't apply to you because these things will never understand finnish and I'd be too embarassed to speak english to them

>I don't want a scumfuck company's listening device in my home.

Do you happen to own a smartphone?

Not him but I have a landline since I get no service in the desert

>Do Americans have a Smart speaker in every home?
these are the stupidest products on the planet

you have the same thing in your phone, you just need to take it out of your pocket

I wouldn't be surprised, I hate this kind of garbage though.
Remote controls and online shopping is apparently too troublesome for Americans. I get it if you're disabled, which quite a few Americans are, but really this shit is pedantic

There's no use for me, I don't have fancy smart lights/thermostat/fridge/tv/toilet/microwave.

I have a Google Home but I got it for free when I bought phone.
I only use it to play music ever

>millions of people listen to music in mono again

I can't stress how much it bothers me as a sound engineer, stereo was invented for a reason you fuckers

*my phone

you can connect them to a Sonos, nitwit

This.
I think even in your native language it would be strange to talk to your phone or computer.

Are you sure that it isn't stereo?

Which most people wouldn't do

Yes. Some of them have some kind of pseudo-stereo patent going on, but it's still ruins the sound that we work so hard to achieve.

I use one for lights because I'm too lazy to get up and turn them off myself.

>still ruins the sound that we work so hard to achieve.

Isn't that always going to the case if people don't listen with headphones? And good ones at that? Because I know some engineers and producers "ruin" the sound by adapting it to car speakers and things like that, if it's something that is probably going to be played on the radio.

not even close, at best it's an "as-seen-on-TV" novelty item for people with too much disposable income. to me it seems a little déclassé, but I don't suppose that has ever stopped wealthy Americans from buying anything.

Mexico is fat because of people like you.

in your native language it would be strange to talk
fixd

>too much disposable income.

There can be no such thing.

kek no. Some of my family does though because they always have to have the latest normalfag shit. I think it's redundant because my phone basically does the same thing..

Buying NSA spy wear to monitor you at home. Morons.

No, they try to make sure that it will sound good on different systems, but they don't ruin it for that purpose, and even a shitty stereo PC speaker set sounds much better than a mono speaker, provided the music was mixed in stereo. It doesn't need to sound the best as long as it provided the spatial sense of stereo and doesn't ruin the phase relationship like summing stereo to mono does.

I'm thin though.

Didn't expect to hear that from Finland.

I have seen that advertisement a lot and did not buy it because it is useless. The speaker is not perfect and It caused a malfunction a lot. It is like vr machine. Numerous companies tell you to use vr when you play a video game, but vr is not useful much and people do not usually use it. 21 century machines are dead already.

Come home, American man.

No. I use a flip phone, and even that scares me.

kek

I got a cheap one for Christmas from my dad, dont really use it
Vid related youtu.be/biRVyHLNuu4

Every time I talk to mom I try to convince her to unplug her echo dot but she won't do it.

I have one and its largely useless but its entertaining to have.

One of my team members during a uni project had one last year. It was pretty fun to fuck around with when we did some work at his house but I would never get one of my own. I'm the sort of person that clears all private data whenever I close my internet browser, I'd never have something listening to and transmitting everything I say 24/7 to a large corporation.

This is what CLAP-ON-CLAP-OFF was invented for. Embrace burgerdom.