Why don't jedis just turn off their opponents lightsabers by force pressing the button?

Why don't jedis just turn off their opponents lightsabers by force pressing the button?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Activation_stud
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We had this thread a month ago already.

code of ethics

Wasn't there some autist wooki article about how some opponent for Darth Vader tried to mess with his suite by using the force to turn off switches. And his suite was so bad that many of the buttons could single handly kill Vader if switched off.

The mental image of Anakin and Obi Wan fighting by turning off each others lightsabers until they get bored and just start a fistfight.

The autistic EU answer is this:
Force users and strong non using sensitives have a field around them that prwvents previse manipulation. Vader's choke or an attempt to push a button becomes a push dispersed all over the body.
The non autistic answer:
Because it would not be entertaining

More like a week ago

They use the force to guide their blades, so their hands have the device covered in force-energy that other force-users cannot penetrate with their own force-manipulation

>And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise.
>stormtroopers can't shoot two robots walking through a firefight
>sand people snipe a pod racer going at 400km/h in Phantom Menace

Why did Obi-wan false flag so much just to turn opinion against the Empire?

I'm not sure but don't you have to keep the button pushed down to keep the saber on? That means you'd have to force push the enemy's hand out to turn it off.
It would be the same as when Vader force-steals Han's gun. But I guess Jedi and Sith have trained in the Force so that they can keep a tight grip on the saber.
You see non Force users saber duel in the EU but that's not canon anymore. As for Kylo vs Finn I guess Kylo didn't force-steal his saber because he knew he could defeat Finn easily anyway.

Why don't they just use the force to rob a bank then they could pay someone else to go fight the empire while they lived off of the interest on a tropical island planet?

It'd dramatically hinder dextrous handling if you had to maintain pressure on a certain point the whole time, they wouldn't be able to twirl it around in their hands like we see them do all the time

>Rob a bank full of digital currency

It's not the Jedi way

SW has entertainment value but you'll have to leave your brain behind

Damnit you are right. Idk where I read something like that then, I must be wrong.
I'll go check the wiki. The whole explanation is probably on the "Legends" part since nu-Star Wars normie fans don't care about any sense of logic or consistency, "just turn of you're brain xD".

if they can do that, why not just use the force to gouge out someones eyes? Or break fingers? or to concave the solar plexus?

Legitimate questions.

This is all non canon now but it may explain some stuff:
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Activation_stud

>vader and luke duel
>just stare are each other and sweat until one of them explodes into gore

seems good to me

It must take a lot of training and mastering, it's basically like Vader's Force choke or the Emperor's lightning.
Before both the EU and fucking Disney started putting lightsaber duels in fucking everything, I think it was implied that lightsabers were actually that elegant civilized weapon Ben talks about and that they were rarely used by the jedi, there was no need to duel every fucking person you encounter.

>or to concave the solar plexus?

Well there was a Sith known as Darth Nihlus who used the forced to devour planets with the ultimate goal being to consume all things.

If you want a non-canon answer, there was a videogame series called Jedi Knight. There was a force power that actually implied you were destroying the organs of the enemy. But a simple force-push would deflect the enemy's force attack. Also using the force required some concentration and energy that you need to recover in time after using it. Besides the fact that the powers took time to "learn".
In these games force powers were often used during duels but like I said, the trained jedi and sith would use a simple force-push to deflect these force attacks.

Vader does do shit like that, I thought. Jedi have rules against using the Force to cause direct harm, they can only use it for defense or to help others. Besides, it's canon that Force users can "block" enemy Force attacks to an extent, and you have to muscle through them to get your Force attack to work.

Oh expanded universe, you so chuuni.

>grab an enemy with Force Choke
>hold him over bottomless pit

Yeah, try force pushing me now, faget

I saw an autist on here once write out a tremendous post in which they detailed how obi wan vs Vader in ANH was such a tame fight in comparison to the prequel fights due to the fact that their mastery of the force was such that essentially it was more a game of grappling rather than fighting. Utter bullshit but it would give you an explanation of sorts; Obi wan was protecting his saber whilst attacking Vaders and vice versa. Reality is pal Star Wars is full of plot holes and Lucas was really bad at making things make sense.

You wanted and answer I gave you one, it's not my fault you're a little bitch about where the answer came from.

I would force push you right as soon as you attempt to force choke me :^)

Force shield??? Idfk it doesn't make sense really but it makes for a more interesting movie

IIRC, he could force pull you. I don't remember if both get credit for the kill of -1 for environmental dead tho.

>darth nihlus
>a sith

He wasn't even a man by the end, he was just apart of the force. He was blinded by his hunger and lost everything it meant to be human..

Level 3 force grip allowed any dark Jedi who picked a fight next to a deadly drop to be dispatched with a flick of the wrist
Although with bosses and higher difficulties, they force-pushed out of it the split millisecond you tried to grab them

>Inaudible noisesssssssss

>You wanted and answer I gave you one
I ain't the same guy, just a passenger making fun of the fanfiction tier EU.

You are still getting momentum'd into that pit :^)

Never tried that

That's why you had the crosshair where you wanted them to fly

It's better than what the mouse had done so far M8

I'd rather turn my brain off to ideas like "they create a Jedi forcefield around their hands to keep the saber on" then to be autistic enough to try to rationalize laser sword wizard powers

Poor Vader. How could he possibly manage to relax in his suite with some asshole fiddling with all the switches? I guess it's partly his fault for living in a suite with the technical capability to do him harm.

kind of like that fight on the venture bros

That's too hard. Masters of the force like Vader can only do simple stuff like choking people from lightyears away.

And yet somehow force users can be disarmed by other force users.

>Woodo hide

i saw this thread yesterday