Is Patrick Gleason a good artist? There's something in his art that gross me out. I don't know if is the shading...

Is Patrick Gleason a good artist? There's something in his art that gross me out. I don't know if is the shading, the eyes, or the super organic shapes. It's just a style?

Other urls found in this thread:

static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/3500861-bm_aq_29_52a10ad59c8683.38941428.jpg
ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Batman-and-Robin_11-666x1024.jpg]
65.media.tumblr.com/698a773a97ed3f0564cf4111cc60448c/tumblr_inline_nlhp37SytG1rb2xgr_500.png
harveyjames.tumblr.com/post/143735873863/theory-frank-millers-recent-work-is-good-but-it
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything is really strangely flat looking. No depth when it looks like there should be..
Those heads in profile look a bit too wide.
The way Wondy is holding her sword looks pretty lazy. Like he draw a fist and thought "wait she should have a sword here" and just shoved it in.
I don't see why Wondy is standing that way either. I would think she would be standing with her chest facing the other chick but instead she's just in this basic generic standing pose.
Also if that big chick is supposed to be talking to Bats why isn't she looking straight at him?

That page is really bad, but Gleason is usually a good artist

could you post more of the things that gross you out. it could be specific pictures that would make it a lot easier to pick out.

okay:

static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/31666/3500861-bm_aq_29_52a10ad59c8683.38941428.jpg

The eyes, when he do this weird shadow thing or how sometimes they just seem lifeless.

ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Batman-and-Robin_11-666x1024.jpg]
The shadows in the muscles and curves, it looks like the bodies are melting in tar

65.media.tumblr.com/698a773a97ed3f0564cf4111cc60448c/tumblr_inline_nlhp37SytG1rb2xgr_500.png

Damian... Just Damian

But again, i have little understanding of light and art in general. His work seems to change a lot. Maybe it would work better in a horror comic (pic related)

>super organic shapes

Do you know what "organic" means?

Gleason's art is great. That page is actually pretty bad but Gleason normally is pretty darn good.

Thing about Gleason's art is, there's a lot of attention to detail there and he's really good at constructing insane, incredible action sequences. His run on GLC stood out for me, since there were multiple pages with a lot going on that had me confused for a bit but when I was able to really tell what was going on, I was pretty damn impressed.

His art is really a lot like Doug Mahnke's imo, especially his faces and bodies imo, but Gleason tends to go a little crazier and there seem to be a lot more details.

I haven't read his and Tomasi's Batman & Robin run for the most part yet, but honestly I feel like he was more suited for the crazier space adventures of GLC. You had some crazy DBZ-tier moments there with his art.

>ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Batman-and-Robin_11-666x1024.jpg]
>The shadows in the muscles and curves, it looks like the bodies are melting in ta

link don't work is this the same picture?

Gleason just can't draw faces. Everybody looks chimp like.

Does anyone have any pages from his GLC run?

One of my favorite bits was the fight with Kyle Rayner, Soranik Natu, Miri (the Star Sapphire chick), against Krybb, the Sinestro Corps member who kidnapped babies. That whole sequence was pretty damn cool but unfortunately I don't have it on me.

it's clean and the colorist is top tier

Yeah the colorist he rolls with really makes his art stand out.

I feel like Gleason's is kinda underrated. He's not the best but there's plenty of merits to his art, and I feel like he composes better action sequences than most.

well hes co-writing and main artist on Superman now, so I think DC is definitely recognizing him.

Oh shit, since Rebirth?

Did that issue come out already?

Love him.

His Aquaman was fucking great. The ocean was a wonderful setting for his heavy shadows and thick dark blacks.

yep.
Superman #1 came out 2 weeks ago.
and #2 is in 2 weeks/.

, I’ve loved Gleason’s interpretation of Damian Wayne for years now, and I’ve enjoyed seeing his skills as a writer evolve as well, so I’m pretty bummed to see his time with the character come to an end.

Yes

It is honestly sad that there seems to be no Robin book in Rebirth

Super Sons sometime this fall.

so I looked around a little and he seems really solid. He only work on the ink and not color. I think that this could be a similar case as with miller but not as blatent.

harveyjames.tumblr.com/post/143735873863/theory-frank-millers-recent-work-is-good-but-it

Ugh. I forgot about that whole stupid nu 52 bullshit where Joker supposedly planned Jason's entire life since before he was born... Jesus the Nu 52 started as am ungodly clusterfuck of shit story ideas...

I personally love Gleason, and I can't wait for Superman to primarily take place in a partially lit cave every issue.

Been a huge fan of his since Aquaman, and I think he's only gotten better with time.

Gleason is pretty good. Hunt for Robin was relatively shit, as in your pic, but Son of Batman, Five Stages, and Big Burn is Gleason at his best. Shame that Tomasi fucked up Harvey's Nu52 origin.