How did he go from one of the most respected cartoonists here to a widely despised hack...

How did he go from one of the most respected cartoonists here to a widely despised hack? Has anyone else in the animation industry ever JUST'd themselves this badly?

He is the Anthony Burch of animation.
Except someone, at some point, actually wanted to marry Burch.

>widely despised hack

he's not really hated anywhere outside here

Lots of things that were always present turned out to be bad. This was no build-up or setting pieces, just bad plotting. Some things like Mabel has reached the point when there was just no excuse.

Humour some became worse.

He has political views that he dares to make jokes about.

His political beliefs give me cancer - joking about capitalism when Disney makes $45 billion a year from parks alone

Who?

The biggest issue is that many people have soured on gravity falls since it ended

On top of the problems with the show the shortness of show and makes him seem like a quitter there are some many creators who wish their shows could have gotten the good will with both the studio and the fans that GF had and he just walked away from it all

Maybe it's me but if he quits so quickly in the face of success I will hate to see his reaction in the face of failure

he's a typical faggot numale

Go away Alex

Because he stopped. ;_;

If his plan is "quit as soon as you smell a better offer" then the show he sticks with is guaranteed to be garbage. If it wasn't then he could just parlay it into a career move at it's peak again.

The only people that despise him are the people who are unable to like anything made by some one with a different opinion then themselves.
>I liked this show but then the person that made it said they didn't like trump, guys it sucks now
Every single person that thinks like that is a faggot.

>there are some many creators who wish their shows could have gotten the good will with both the studio and the fans that GF had and he just walked away from it all

;___;

I had actually forgotten I had never watched the GF finale for the longet time
The whole thing had no buildup to it, it was very hard to actually be exited about it.

That I actually LIKE GF, I thought it was an 8/10 show while it was airing, but the ending left a really bad taste

Wow I was thinking more about first time creators

But YoW is the perfect example of why I hate Alex for walking away, it makes it seem like he doesn't have the same passion for his work and creations that real greats like McCracken have

>most respected

What? GF was okay but c'mon.

He's such a sniveling little shit, just look at him

Most showrunners are depressed alcoholics.

>most respected cartoonists here
Thats the real bait.
I'd never even heard of him til GF.

I haven't seen one negative thing said about the guy regarding his personality outside of Sup Forums. I don't agree with his politics and I think gravity falls went downhill, but I don't give a shit. He made a show I enjoyed and I've never even met him.

I don't get it, is hackposting supposed to be funny? Is it supposed to troll people? It just seems like a waste of energy to me, to hate someone for such petty reasons.

My best guess is the people bringing up his height, the twitter posts about his relationships and how he sometimes acted like an ass .
People here love jumping at the opportunity talk about how someone is a midget cuck with no redeeming qualities.

He's not really hated anywhere but here because of the shit with his ex-girlfriend who was a poster here but he was never "most respected" either he was just a young kind of novice guy, though talented I think, with a cult show and there was lots of behind the scenes stress, though that's normal for these shows.

The ending to GF was totally hacky desu

people here hate him because he makes fun of trump
Gravity Falls was overall pretty great, nobody really hates him outside of Sup Forums

Ouch

Pinecest was totally OTP

The only girl that was reasonable other than Mabel was Pacifica but there were not enough episodes with her after her redemption

>tfw no drunk homeless guy to chill with

I think because he had the wrong opinions on twitter and Sup Forums didn't like that.

japan loves him

What was the shit with his ex girlfriend?

It's also funny to note that WOY's finale tomorrow will also be dealing with the collected cast of characters facing against the big threat in the ruins of the show's settings.

Sound familiar?

Let's hope it turns out better, but you know I've got a good feeling about this.

He dumped her in a douchey way over text maybe. Or something. Who cares. I think people like him are shit to date and I wouldn't get involved with some Cal Arts ego and issue bag but just watching their shows I don't give a shit.

Via dank memery.

There's always two sides to every story.

The series was good but the ending was not only rushed but underwhelming as well.

His gf visited /gfg/ while the show was still running and in it's prime. Folks around here loved her, and she stopped posting after Alex dumped her. Apparently it was a rough break-up, and most people here took her side.

But I think the hack/manlet thing was around even before that, albeit in a more joking manner, so I dunno.

Why the hell would a moderately attractive girl go to Sup Forums? Basking in the attention of virgin neckbeards, I'd dump her too.

Isn't hating the hacklet more of a meme than an actual thing? I did hate how GF ended though.

she was an attention whore for real

her tumblr was full of "pity me" for awhile after it happened, then she refused to answer questions about gf while responding "don't ask any gf questions again, it hurts my chest just thinking about it"

after awhile she did start answering questions but often adding "in case you didn't know, alex dumped me and i sorta stopped thinking about the show" and other versions of that at the end of them

Exactly. I thought only weeaboo girls, nerds, punks, and sluts were tge only Sup Forums females.

All the types of girls you listed could be moderately attractive. I know they're not but still they could be.

every outed femanon I've encountered on Sup Forums has had mental issues. to be fair most tripfaps here have mental issues.

an attractive femanon: double red flags.

I kinda wanna see a cartoon creator come out as a trump supporter on Twitter

See how the reactions to him and his show will be

Sup Forumsmblr will rip him apart.

>every user I've encountered on Sup Forums has had mental issues.

ftfy

I think it might be, Sup Forumss perception is more influenced by social media than it likes to admit.

>Sup Forumsmblr will rip him apart.
Just like how /col/ is ripping them apart now

I have mental issues too. Maybe on Sup Forums I can find a woman who understands.

WTF do real actual humans like trump?
Is this real life?

she'd understand. she'd be good friend.

What a slut

>implying he doesn't have his storyboard artists literally pining for him.

>widely despised
You mean "widely despised" among the alt-right fedoracore, right?

What an awful fanbase

He went from just this incredible guy who got a show at a young age and, despite very little experience, managed to make a hit with a 22-minute runtime (A fucking treat now-a-days apparently) and as time went on and he got interviewed more and more and revealed himself to be a hack.

He burnt himself out by working non-stop then wanted to quit, completely taking for granted the huge fucking fanbase he accumulated that young artists literally dream of, the fact that DISNEY of all people begged him to continue, and even told in an interview he did not give a shit about leaving the show on a cliffhanger because he wanted to quit.

Then immediately after being done with GF, he rags on about how he's going to pitch a show to FOX. If you were planning on being a show runner again, why the fuck did you rush GF's second season so bad?

yeah man
there's a reason he's the republican front runner

Sure I can accept that but like how many of those people watch cartoons?

So you think he's a hack because he doesn't like doing a show anymore and would much rather do something he likes doing?

He talks a lot of shit and just says whatever comes to his mind completely unfiltered, but he does bring a lot of good ideas to the table. Not to mention his proposed policies tend to favor the low to middle class worker, which makes up a sizeable portion of the voter population.

I guess the problem with that is how he's going to be doing the same thing, not exactly of course, he can keep swears in now, stuff like that, but he's complained about how tiresome being a show runner is, only to go and be one again.
Instead of just riding out GF for another season or so, to properly finish it up at least, he basically quit right before the end to go...do the same thing on FOX, or something, from what I understand of it.

You idiots think he owns you anything as a director and producer? It's his work.

There's actual shills that navigate all boards and don't hesitate to inject their meme politician into any conversation as soon as possible.
Sup Forums is in this cringe-worthy mission to make Jehovah's Witnesses appear like perfectly reasonable people in comparison.
I don't like to that about politics, I'm sure a lot of us do, that's why I don't go to Sup Forums, keep this shit on Sup Forums. You can't even tell them to fuck off, because they put on the tinfoil hat and call you berniefag or cuck or some other retarded meme fresh n hot in their board right now.

Maybe it's tiresome being a show runner on Disney.

Nobody walks up to people to make fun of them right in their face
They usually just joke around with their friends and people who share common senses of humor

He's a hack because he's given a great opportunity and made something really special out of it, then slowly squandered that opportunity, took it for granted, and revealed himself to be kind of a quitter.

If he said he doesn't have the chops to be a showrunner, he should have planned himself better and it was a serious experience, we would consider him a hack for rushing but at least understand. But the fact that he wants to quit the show after season 1 then rushes the show just so he can leave the Disney studio like it's on fire and IMMEDIATELY afterwards says how he's in the process of pitching another show to FOX makes him seem like an arrogant guy who takes for granted how fucking hard it is to get a show. He thinks he can get one willy nilly because hey, he managed to get his first one off the ground with little effort.

Meanwhile, veterans like Gennedy, McCracken, Faust, Reccardi fucking struggle just trying to get a show and hope it doesn't get cancelled and still get screwed over way more than Hirsch, who seems to be taking in stride how goddamn lucky he was to get a hit show at, how old was he at the time? 25?

McCracken has to put up with way more shit on Disney than Hirsch. All the things he was discouraged to do with Wander, Disney gave a free pass on for GF (We don't want continuity in Wander, Dominator isn't allowed to be too scary, we have zero interest in a season three). The difference is McCracken is able to play ball because he's experienced, if he got a season three right now, he would fucking take it, not go, "Boy, working at Disney is tiresome" and quit.

That's the difference between someone who is passionate and someone who is a hack. Someone who experiences difficulties and still comes out doing what they love vs. wanting to quit.

/gfg/ ??

Start thing with passion
Becomes popular
Get in good with the fans
Nearly kill yourself working on it
Realize thing has taken over your life
Hate it
Quit in the middle
Start new thing

This goes in a cycle. You normally see it in small time comic artists, but Alex was an unusual high profile example. He'll be fine in the future if he learns to be a better manager and to trust his people more, but if not his future projects are going to end the same way.

whats her tumblr?

He's not a hack. You're just being salty because he got bored of a show that you'd like to see. Stop projecting. Being a hack is milking something you no longer want to do.

>H-he's not a hack because the dictionary.com defines a hack as--

Oh fuck off.

This

I really hope his next show flops completely because if that happens he will likely quit the industry completely or learn how lucky he was early on and how much he through away so that he can go on to become a decent creator instead of a quitter

If this next show works out I would be shocked if he gave it more than two seasons before quitting again

huh? i saw the movie but what's he doing? shipping them?

It's a good show and the ending was alright.

People are just upset that they can't say it's better than Steven Universe anymore

No it's just a joke about how grown ups get really emotionally invested in Pixar films.

You know, as they tend to do.

>mfw watching that video Obama made about when he leaves the White House where he's watching a movie
>"This part always gets me"
>Camera turns around, reveals he was watching the end of Toy Story 3

I could see that, at least, in terms of some of the humor and such he was getting at with GF, and how there was likely some heavy editing/censoring done due to the fact that it's a Disney show, maybe FOX will be good for him.

>Saying user's definition of a hack is wrong
>Incorrectly uses the term "projecting"

Wasn't Wendy based on some girl he wanted but knew he would never get?

The gravity falls general

You mean Faust?

He got her in the end.

Was that his ex that had the bad breakup or is her his new gf

New.

>futa Mabel rails Bipper while Dipper shakes his head in jealous denial

>mfw liberals only jumped on the hating trump train only after he became a legit threat and not when he was just a rich guy
it's basically a meme

>mfw you're full of shit
Trump has always been a joke. Any time someone wants to make a potshot about corrupt businessmen, they always jump to Trump, he's the living stereotype. Shit the main reason he was known was from his reality show where he goes "YOU'RE FIRED", that wasn't exactly impressive for a lot of people.

What are you talking about? Making fun of Trump during presidential campaigns was a national liberal pastime. It's just that now everyone is a little more aggressive because they are scared that he might actually do it. You know, kinda how you laugh at the chimpanzee in the enclosure, but suddenly you see him pick up a hair pin and start fiddling with the lock and you're suddenly break into cold sweat because the thing can actually get out if it gets lucky.

I remember people here got really frustrated during the hiatus after "Not what he seems" and started gossiping then turning their frustration on him, since he's active and outspoken in social media. (and there was the stuff with his ex who used to come here) Since the 2nd part of the season was pretty disappointing, the "Alex is a hack" meme only intensified.

This is probably why Rebecca Sugar erased her Livejournal and minimized her online presence as much as possible, she wanted to avoid all the gossip and drama from bored fans.

James McAvoy is an animator?

Couldn't be more right user.

hating someone =/=thinking they are a joke
no one was calling him a racist, comparing him to hitler or proudly saying they would kill trump when he was on that TV show.

I don't want your future. I don't want your suffering.