Tfw you're weaned off the weeb

tfw you're weaned off the weeb

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hekky3/status/746942901553233920
twitter.com/hekky3/status/746941262243061760
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I enjoy a wide variety of waifu material.

I will never leave her

the girls in the first picture all look the fucking same
it looks like the same girl just with different haircolor
>and one of them with a tan

That's 90's anime. Doesn't count as weeb.

Shush, you'll trigger the anime babbies that lurk Sup Forums.

Pretty much everyone involved in the production of anime, particularly the artists and VAs, get paid peanuts. They copy-paste a lot since they don't have the energy to draw due to lack of food.

Why can't you just enjoy both

I don't really watch anime other than Toonami on occasions.
I don't see anything wrong with the first picture though.

But it has always been thing with anime. Its not new thing at all really.

And one is loli but yeah that is what anime is. Its not for everyone.

Dude do you even know what weeb means?

Were you so deep that you'd watch everything?
Just watch the things you like

Eh i like both but i watch anime more because i watch seasonal anime with i do agree that most of is shit but there is always atleast 2 or 3 that i like. Spring was pretty good with flying witch being my AOTS.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure a Japanese person made this image, cause I remember seeing it on twitter.

A large portion of Japan's cartoon/anime market is geared towards the ronery hikki and kissless virgins, and as such, they have mastered the art of making waifus. They can make characters that will guarantee sales for their shows probably 75% of the time. They all follow the same archetypes with little variations, they are all drawn in similar styles, and have more or less the same backstory. There's no need for change, because it works. The weebs love their waifus, they love the tall, dark-haired, kind-hearted, polite girl with the big breasts. They love the energetic girl with brightly colored hair and a quirky personality. They crave the shy, intelligent, stoic little girl with white/light colored hair. They're pretty, they're colorful, they have big expressive eyes, all body types, and basic personalities just bland enough so you can pick the one you like the most and fill in the blanks. It's perfect. Or atleast it should be.

I personally can't feel attached to a female character in an anime, because they don't have a soul. What they're doing is they're not putting their hearts into the creation of waifus and making a character that feels real and that makes you wanna be with. They're mass producing them following a rulebook of what a waifu should and shouldn't be. They may be perfect on paper, but they lack part of what makes us human: Imperfections.

They are just drones. Objects for your sexual/emotional gratification. This is why I prefer western waifus, specially waifus that come from children's cartoons. They weren't writen for us in mind. They are not here to help us feel less lonely and pathetic, so the writers give them actuall depth, no matter how small it is, and a personality that doesn't fall into the stock molds that Japan has carved for their female characters.

With that said, Japanese fanartists are still better than Westerners on average

/rant

Great post

If you'd watched 3 genres of anime for one demographic and called it a day.

I, I can quit any time I like.

Maybe you should just not watch shit anime?

I like GF, but I'm not going to argue that Wendy or Pacifica has the kind of depth Faye Valentine or Saki from Shinsekai Yori have.

I don't know what the show in the OP is, but I can tell at a glance that it's not worth watching.

the show's a haremshit so you're correct

>blatant East vs West thread
>mods do nothing

Are you seriously implying Shinsekai Yori or Cowboy Bebop are worth watching?

I was talking specifically about the average seasonal shows. They're the ones that, usually, have waifus as a main selling point, the type of waifus Sup Forums falls head over heels for, but that I can only feel indifferent about. The shows you listed are not what most Anime is like, but even then, Japan's culture is different from ours, and even characters from those better shows have some degree of fanservice injected into them, either to attract more viewership, or simply because Japan doesn't give a fuck. Let me just make this clear: It's not that I don't like my waifus to look sexy in-universe, but it's just that, the way I see it, when the write goes out of his way to try and make the character invoke a romantic/sexual responce from the viewer, it doesn't feel right, it feels forced. You don't fall in love with a person because some tailored them specifically for you to fall in love with. Love happens by surprise, from places where you don't expect to find it.

Or maybe I'm just an overly romantic faggot and I take waifuism too seriously.

I can understand that but for myself i like alot of anime archetypes and my favorites are tomboys, reverse traps and pic related.

I usually just watch one to three anime each season and watch my cartoons.

Bait or underage.

Or someone with taste and standards.
I would've understood if you said Kino no Tabi, Texhnolyze or Gankutsuou are good, but SY and Cowboy Bebop are capeshit-tier trash.

10/10 post.

Mad as fuck weebs.

The overly prevalent fanservice is primarily why I stopped watching Anime. I'm so jaded by the repetition as well. I'll watch the first episode of a show and then go down the archetype checklist, get annoyed, and drop the show. Not a fair response since western shit does it too, but anime for whatever reason has garnered a fair bit of bad blood from me and is shit until proven decent

Chiquita best girl.

Yes it does.

Probably because with anime there are a billion different shows and mangoes that follow the same checklists, so it wears on you. The moment a genre becomes popular everyone tries to ape it. Which is why there are a ton of "NEET gets sucked into a videogame RPG" books out there and they all suck. Overlord sucks the least.

With comics it's mainly just capes that get copied over and over, and even then it's varied enough with few competitors so you don't get burned out as easily. If DC were manga then you'd see a billion different "Justice Leagues" and each one would be almost exactly the same, even down to the plot lines.

Anime just sucks. Give me manga any day.

Just not as shitty as Franken Fran.

Going from anime characters to Western ones is not exactly an improvement you know. There's a reason why moe was invented there and why it's so big there, while over here you don't see much other than "this gave me a weird boner when I was six, it's totally my fetish!"

No, that's just the aesthetic of anime. There isn't that much variance in faces usually. It has nothing to do with copy-pasting or wages or energy.

>I personally can't feel attached to a female character in an anime, because they don't have a soul. What they're doing is they're not putting their hearts into the creation of waifus and making a character that feels real and that makes you wanna be with.
If this was true, moe as we know it wouldn't exist. But it does exist.

>They're mass producing them following a rulebook of what a waifu should and shouldn't be.
It's not a factory or planned economy. It's just a large assortment of individual artists and groups doing their own things. And they aren't making "waifus." A waifu is completely personal to YOU, not something anyone can make or force on you or trick you into having.

>They may be perfect on paper, but they lack part of what makes us human: Imperfections.
That's exactly what makes them great. They don't cheat, they don't sleep around, they aren't narcissists and manipulators and backstabbers.

>This is why I prefer western waifus, specially waifus that come from children's cartoons. They weren't writen for us in mind. They are not here to help us feel less lonely and pathetic, so the writers give them actuall depth
You are generalizing to a ridiculous degree, and you fail to grasp the logic behind characters like those of K-On. People treat them in the same way they would treat real women; it's not about "depth" or "character development" or anything like that, people find them attractive and pleasant and charismastic like they would real women. In real life, "depth" probably is synonymous with "red flags."

All shows are seasonal. The year is divided into seasons and shows cannot fall outside them.

>They're the ones that, usually, have waifus as a main selling point
All characters can be someone's waifu, it doesn't require a specific kind of character or show. Moe precedes the popularity or existence of "moe anime" and dating sims and visual novels. Even Hayao Miyazaki said he "fell in love" with a character from the movie Hakujaden, which came out in the 50s. His own bishoujo character in Castle of Cagliostro in turn became very popular. This was decades before the likes of K-On.

I think that the characters of pure SoL shows actually have less popularity than the characters of other shows (e.g. Girls und Panzer, Oreimo, Fate/stay night, Love Live).

This season I watched around 25 shows. Only one or two of them had any notable amounts of fanservice. And I'm not someone who avoids fanservice.

You can't say that Wendy was anything but an object for Dipper to lust after, though. She has the same problem but none of the sex appeal.

Source please. That anime looks great.

Tumblr. Not even once.

>this is what Tumblr believes

Nice pasta.

ConRevo in my Sup Forums? I'm ok with this.

Wow, Sup Forums really has terrible taste.

Tumblrshit is hardly a good alternative.

I liked her too alot.

Maybe it's just me getting old but I'm kinda bored of how mainstream anime treats cheesecake and relationships in general.
Theres godly fanservice but not much substance in the relationships.
You don't see people flirt, quip, or bounce personalities back and forth.

It seems western characterization is a little more organic which is why I have more western waifus.

Well for me i dont mind fanservice because that kinda got me into anime back in early 90s. I was horny teenager expect now i am just horny.

what fucking cartoons are these people basing their drawings on, holy shit it makes me angry when i think about it

I particularly like the character design. The designer being a gigantic fan of western stuff is secondary.

I think konosuba is pretty good but that parody of the whole genre so i dont know if it counts.

Evangelion

Ironically, the top faces also look the same.

I don't have a waifu and I don't want one

I am starting to think I do not belong here

>weeb in denial

I mean, he spends his days reading stuff like this and sticking it on twitter.
twitter.com/hekky3/status/746942901553233920
twitter.com/hekky3/status/746941262243061760

>ITT: my pedophilic tendencies are better than your pedophilic tendencies

PLEASE kys lads

Bottom one has a character without a nose.

>You don't see people flirt, quip, or bounce personalities back and forth.
That's not uncommon, especially if you include non-romantic relationships.

Pedophilia means a sexual attraction to prepubescent children.

Same as each other, not same as the bottom faces.

If that is what you were implying.

But i like milfs in anime and manga.

Is this the Krusty Krab?

>all asian/black/etc. people look the same to me
that's so racist

America rarely has husbandos as handsome as Guts.

This is from someone who hates weebs

You don't need a waifu, but you better get a girl friend or else you'll end up shooting up a school...unless you do science.

berserk will never be weeb

the only thing japanese about it is the people making it

>berserk will never be weeb
Well no kidding. It's Japanese so it can't exactly be wannabe Japanese.

my dick knows no borders.

Well said

Not really.

self explanatory

You could literally do the same with most """""""""""""""""""""""waifus"""""""""""""""""""""" out there on TV currently

Dont watch either thing those girls come from but:

>Top girl(s)
-Better proportions than the bottom
-Even the big cartoony eyes have more detail
-Better and more attractive swimsuits
-More dynamic poses

>Bottom girl
-Those lazy hands
-Googly eyes clipping through hair in not even a subtle manner like most animu's can
-Ear shouldn't even be visible with that much hair

I'll admit to being a more of a weeb but if you're going to compare girls at least make the comparison fair.

Europeans are doing a better job of this than the Japanese right now.

They really aren't.

Nice bait.

not the same user but Franken Fran is brilliant, I want a anime but at the same time I don't because I don't want a cool character like Fran being turned into a fanboy in the anime or in the otakus heads

They are so.

If you can literally do it then do it.
But you can't. Because you're wrong.

Bah. Everyone knows vidya has the best women anyway.

one moar

Gotta give Boco some credit, he is correct.

No Sup Forums woman will ever compare to my vidya waifu!

If moe was a science, the Japanese would monopolize the Nobel prizes. I don't think anyone will ever reach their level. They have the drawing quality, the animation, the design, the writing, the philosophy, the voice acting, and the demand. The character business is enormous, and the effort they put into figures is autismal. They make massive amounts of games that are essentially romance simulators, and then turn them into anime.

obviously, they CREATED it.

And PERFECTED it!

That's misguided though. What's coming out of Europe isn't really Moe as such. It's something similar but altogether different and better. I think the only thing to come out of Japan recently that's anywhere near as good as Winx Club or Lolirock might have been Girls Und Panzer, and that had a very small run of episodes.

I'll give you the figures though.

the multiple Gundam series don't really have waifu especially the UC timeline stuff. But I don't count Gundam or Cowboy Bebop as anime. Anime was a mistake, these two shows were not. Hail Zeon... Bang!

It's almost cute that you believe these things.

It's one thing if you personally like those shows, but claiming they've out-moed Japan is just ridiculous. Westerners can barely even wrap their heads around the concept.

>claiming they've out-moed Japan is just ridiculous

>>Isn't really Moe as such.

Since I literally did not say the words you just put in my mouth, I got nothin'.

>cant recognize shinji

Both of those are shit and you need to kill yourself for trying to use them as prime examples for anything.

Moe is, basically, a feeling of love and romance towards fictional characters, and you're saying Westerners have just suddenly advanced past that into something even more fantastical? No. So that means this pseudo-moe you're talking about is just inferior to the real thing.

>Moe is, basically, a feeling of love and romance towards fictional characters

Thats having a waifu.

Moe is an artstyle.

Now you've descended from a matter of opinion that reasonable people can disagree on, to just plain wrong.

>Moe is an artstyle.
No it's not you fucking dumbass weeb.

You guys are fucking forgetting that both cartoons/comic and manga/anime are shit as artistic media, all cartoons are for little kids or people with childish minds even golden age simpsons, it's nothing to be ashamed offt, everyone can still enjoy these shows: childs,teenages and adults, that's whats great about it. Anime exist for the mere reason to sell toys to little kids and horny teenagers, some nerd faggots like those who fouded gainax use anime as a form of scape to their poor lifes and pretended for years to prove that anime could be something else, but no, now moeshit exists, however that's also ok. Anime and cartoons are just for fun they'll never have the "depth" and "development" of other artistic media like movies(here I'm counting animated films) and even fucking photography and videogames. Having a waifu is just equally as pathetic for every people.

Obviously there are exceptions but when just 5 of 300 shows try something different I think is safe to make those generalizations.