Movie trailer

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6Z6XQSaZ9E
youtube.com/watch?v=xvpBDopIMxw
youtu.be/4WgT9gy4zQA
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Kys

I'm op, that wasn't me.

Cthulhu could never work in a movie. The entire point is that he's an indestructible, incomprehensible horror that views us as basically a giant anthill and could wipe us out in about 10 minutes if he felt like it. There is no room for that kind of movie in Hollywood.

If Hollywood had a Cthulhu movie, it would star Will Smith and Jennifer Lawrence, who are American Air Force jet pilots that work together to blow up Cthulhu. The final scene is the two of them taking out machine guns and blasting Cthulhu's head to pieces.

>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city

I always thought Cthulhu was more than just a Godzilla monster

Like when he awakens, buildings getting stepped on are the least of anyone's worries because all the veils that separate our world from the adjacent ones get ripped away

Yea man, its like so deep and unnerving duuuuude. Like, lovecraftian maaaaaan

Op again. I've got other ideas for the movie.
There would be no real dialogue, just a few lines as people are wantonly killed.

I would also have every actor that spoke on the A-List, so imagine during the destruction that like Ryan Gosling or Tom Cruise were to appear on screen and just like scream or say something like "Oh my g-" and then just be annihilated.
There would be at least 50 A-list actors.

>2017
>still no LEGO Cthulu Movie

youtube.com/watch?v=e6Z6XQSaZ9E

Get raped, fucking vexatious oxygen thief.

sounds like the kind of retarded shit plebbywood would to. Considering the public right, its kinda suprising that there isnt a Cinematic Universe of Lovecrafts diartribe by now

The ending would be Cthulu standing over the remains of the totally vaporized city, roaring into the sky and then credits.

and only Milla Jovovich can stop him

in 3D

fuckin epic bro! upvoted

Cthulhu itself is a huge being of incomprehensible power, which thusly seems limitless. The audience does not witness its full powers, however its mere awakening starts to either warp reality, or the perception of reality in a considerably large area, breaking not only the laws of nature in the vicinity, but also the minds of many of the people watching its awakening, while also driving people more psychically adept all around the world irreversibly insane. Cthulhu will inevitably wake up again, ushering the apocalypse for the human race, shaking the very foundations of the world. If fully awakened, it is possible to say even this single entity could potentially be powerful enough to destroy Earth, and then instead of dying it would possibly be shattered also, but would simply travel through space to another world, and reform when the stars would align right. During the story it was awoken by mistake while the stars were not right, leaving it weakened and easier to deal with. Cthulhu and other Old Ones are not merely removed from us in distance through normal space, but occupy dimensions so strange that their very substance can scarcely exist in our reality. For example Cthulhu’s gelatinous body needs no food to sustain it, and when broken apart, reforms itself. Being of other-worldly origins, Cthulhu’s form is partially of ectoplasm, and does not entirely exist in our plane

>there's a comedy relief black character
>"Kathulu? Shieet, that nigga live down the block, his mixtapes be whack"
>canned laughter

>Cinematic Universe of Lovecraft
give it a couple years as Hollywood looks for a new intellectual property to milk to death with an endless run of CGI action blockbusters!

He is a high priest of an alien species. When he awakes it means the great old ones are returning to our planet from their intergalactic wandering, to do whatever it is they do, and his job is merely to prepare the Earth for their arrival. What that entails we also don't know.

We wouldn't even register to them or Cthulhu, we're like ants. We mill around, we build our little towers and tunnels, we nip when we feel threatened, but ultimately we're just insignificant.

So ants have a concept of humans?

>there's only one way to stop Cthulhu
>group steps away from the white woman and the black man of the group
>"Only love can smite the beast."

Fuck that, make a shadow over Innsmouth or Dunwich horror movie. Both of them would be far easier to adapt and a far better story.

youtube.com/watch?v=xvpBDopIMxw

>The entire point is that he's an indestructible, incomprehensible horror that views us as basically a giant anthill and could wipe us out in about 10 minutes if he felt like it.

>gets rammed by a boat
>ko'd
>indestructible, incomprehensible

no1curr edgelord. i see you make these shitty threads one after another about that skinny english faggot and his spooooky monsters and I gotta ask - WHATS YOUR ENDGAME?

Lovecraft movies arent going to happen. Only gothkids read that shit and its all really poorly writ. Poe should be your guy. Grow up and watch some old Vincent Price Poe Movies.. your threads would be interesting then atleast.

>there's only one way to stop Cthulhu
>love, srat, love

>shadow over Innsmouth

But there is one (Dagon). As imperfect as it is, it's pretty kino in some ways.

And then mom picks you up in her minivan.

What are the best Lovecraft films; I've enjoyed:
In the Mouth of Madness
Prince of Darkness
Pickman's Muse
Dagon
and some things from The Midnight Gallery

>Vincent Price Poe Movies
watch the one where he inexplicably wears these pimpin' shades in Edwardian England and ad-libs half his lines.

Tomb of Ligeia.

>giving Chtulu an image and pronunciation

21st century was a mistake

I wonder if she liked his poem about how niggers smell.

I've always thought the mountains of madness would adapt well enough to film.
A really slow build where the weirdness is introduced incrementally until the whole encampment is consumed.

THEY RUINED ZOMBIES ALREADY PLEASE LEAVE CTHULHU ALONE

Have you seen "The Void"?
Breddy gud. Like a good mix of the thing and hellraiser 2.

Do any Lovecraft stories have a good protagonist? What would a good Hollywood version of a Lovecraft protagonist be?

batman vs superman vs avengers vs suicide squad vs justice league vs godzilla vs king kong vs cthulhu

no snyder allowed
no stronk wymmin allowed
no bullshit allowed
2 hours of non stop fighting

*Victorian England, my bad

>What would a good Hollywood version of a Lovecraft protagonist be
Idris Elba

>elder gods
>giving a damn about a city or people

these things are supposed to be so immense and powerful they can't even comprehend the existence of people. Much less give enough of a damn about cities to bother destroying them. Basically how people conduct themselves in regards to the affairs of bacteria.

All Lovecraft protagonists are thinly veiled self-insertions of the author. Lovecraft tales aren't about the characters, they're about the horrors they experience. Lovecraft protagonists basically exist in order to have horror happen to them.

fucking garbage. if you ever even read lovecraft you'd know that cthulhu is more than just an octupus godzilla

It was like a poor man's The Thing

He's right though. I like a lot of Lovecraft's stories, but they really aren't as crazy as people build them up to be.

Isn't this guy like a low level henchman? Why is he so hyped when he is a yes man bitch

>there will never be a good budget The Mist sequel

Marvel has/had a kaiju in the form of Krakoa, the island that walks like a man. And DC and Mrvel both have living sentient planets.
But Dr. Strange and Dr. Fate would team up to fuck Chthulu in the ass until he ran back go his mommy.

>ear shattering fart noise

Because normies have only read one Lovecraft story at best. They don't comprehend that Cthulhu was just an ayy taking a nap on Earth while other, far more powerful beings are brewing chaos in space.

On the other hand, Cthulhu is probably the most powerful being on the planet at this moment in history, seeing as all the other horrors are just chilling somewhere far in space (or time), so it almost makes sense that he is always the center of attention.

Anyways, people tend to care too much about Lovecraft's scarier stories and barely even know about his less scarier but far more interesting ones. For instance, no one would care for it, but I'd absolutely love to see a film about the Great Race of Yith.

2001 is the only true Lovecraftian film. People who can't see that dont understand Lovecraftian horror

>hes still shilling it
good lord

>2001 is the only true Lovecraftian film
what makes it Lovecraftian? Besides "unknowable cosmic entity"

Cthulhu wouldn't work as a movie, because in a good Cthulhu movie Cthulhu would never show up.

This is quite Lovecraftian

anyone played Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened? It does a wonderful job of capturing the occult atmosphere

This. The only way to successfully capture the Mythos in a film is to have a bunch of people talking about occult shit for about two hours or so. No monsters, no Gods, no aliens, no nothing. These entities can literally not be visualized. Any and all visual renderings of them are failures by default. One can only describe them by text, and that can only get you this far. Any form of human communication is way too limited to fully describe them. That's the whole point.

1st half of TD season 1 was so close

Already happened

*cthulhu destroys city for 2 minutes and the rest of the movie is a full frontal view of Brendan Frasier filling up his pocket pussy

this would've been made if lovecraft wasn't a fucking racist

Exactly.

>Cthulu
kek pleb

Seconding.

Hi r*ddit

>reddit spacing

Is this new pasta?

>implying it wouldn't be 2 hours of the characters figuring stuff out with a comedic subplot then only 10 minutes of Cthulhu screentime

>old disgruntled reporter goes to visit old fishing Town island in the 1950s investigating a story of multiple people and fishing boats randomly disappearing
>Town and people look quaint and normal but as the story progress people and places get progressively weirder
>reporter investigation leads him further and further inland to the center of the forest
>Finds huge "abandoned" house, in there he finds, scriptures and rituals that look satanic
>Something attacks him, he escape deeper into the forest and eventually finds a people in huts chanting to a bonfire
>at this point the little visible sky looks green and all birds and animals are running to the same direction (away from the sea)
>reporter gets chased by cultists, he manages to subdue and kill a couple, they are townspeople
>Reporter gets the idea of escaping with a boat, gets chased by cultists until he reaches the shore
>cultists stop following him, he goes to the pier, looks around all the shore is filled with death fish and marine life stranded in the beach
>looks far away into the distant towards that little island with a lighthouse, through the twilight he can see a shadow emerging from the sea, as it does the light turns red and the reporter's eyes get filled with blood
>Fade to Black
>Fin

It's basically the original Chtuli story with some adjustments.
I'm thinking the visuals should be done like the old Evil Death, using cameras and weird angles lighting to show how everything gets progressively kreepier

Thoughts?

Why do people talk about Cthulhu without reading the book? It's pretty good and it's not that long. People seem to have strong opinions about this stuff that are based on nothing. The Call of Cthulhu is perfectly suited for a movie adaptation. It would be a trippy detective thriller movie with Cthulhu in the last five minutes.

Here is a drawing of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft for all the people who think he must be some kind of indescribable formless terror.

they know we exist and they can respond to our presence, which is about what humans know about Cthulhu

you realize the entire point of that scene in the book was that the boat did nothing right?

Reanimator.

>an indestructible, incomprehensible horror that views us as basically a giant anthill and could wipe us out in about 10 minutes

so we're all agreed that chloe mortez will play it?

This whole ant analogy is stupid. Ants don't have the ability to go full scourched earth and turn the planet into a nuclear wasteland if a human steps on their hill. If Cthulu had any interest to preserve this very planet for the great old ones, he'd have to acknowledge humans as a very real threat. If a human stepped into a bullet ant hill they'd sure as hell also acknowledge the danger of ants and humans would be that times 100 for Cthulu.

>Ants don't have the ability to go full scourched earth and turn the planet into a nuclear wasteland if a human steps on their hill.
no but they can destroy other ant nests, much like we can destroy our planet, the point is that earth, while our whole world, is an ant hill to cthulhu, it's civilization if galaxy spanning, Cthulhu also has no interest in 'preserving' our planet, this is just where it chose to take it's nap because it was as good as any other planet

The normal moviegoer would hate the ending. They want a strong resolution.

BRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPTTTTTTT

Why do you hate fun

What would you consider a strong resolution?

>OP blatantly samefags
>IT AINT ME starts playing

I don't know. I like the idea very much but a studio won't back it.

Godzilla and Kong teaming up to defeat Cthulu.

Wasn't Cthulu defeated with a boat?

I know believe me...

What I'm trying to do is avoid kaijushit as most as I can

>indestructible
>gets BTFO by a boat
On top of all the mages and shit humanity has at its disposal, our militaries are also 10x as effective as they were in the 20s.
Azathoth, on the other hand, would fuck our shit up in a heartbeat.

I'm a huge ignorant about Cthulu, can you spoil me the whole story? how can a giant monster be defeated with a boat?

But user, they already made that.

youtu.be/4WgT9gy4zQA

leave cthulhu to me

no, it was rammed with a boat and didn't really care

Where can I go to read Lovecrafts works?

Also does Cthulu actually appear or is even mentioned in any movies based on his work? Just want to know.

It's a meme. Cthulhu's ritual was fucked up so he was summoned too early and R'lyeh sank. He regenerated from the boat hit near instantly.

leave lovecraftkino to me

i want Shub-Niggurath as my sister.

this site hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/ has all the ones available online

Cthulhu appears in Call of Cthulhu

post more cunt

the actual text for those curious
>The awful squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of the sturdy yacht, but Johansen drove on relentlessly. There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler would not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where—God in heaven!—the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form, whilst its distance widened every second as the Alert gained impetus from its mounting steam.

TD?

He had unbelievable creativity and imagination, but fuck he was a really shitty writer.

True Detective

he's shows up at the very end of call of cthulhu. a boat finds his city in the middle of the ocean and the sailors release him accidentally. he kills some of the sailors then gets rammed by a 1920s era steamship and pops like a bubble, but reforms almost immediately after. the boat gets away but the surviving sailors have ptsd from their encounter. it's pretty anticlimactic desu.

a)that was awful
b)that was gay
c)you are now gay