Godzilla 2 Begins Filming, New Plot Synopsis Too

>collider.com/godzilla-2-synopsis-cast/

>The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.

Good to know all four of them are gonna be in this one.

No leaked designs yet?

I enjoyed Skull Island, hated 2014 Godzilla.

Who is directing this one?

It will be again 3/4 of the time the granny chaser kick ass actor on screen?

>3 monsters in 1 flick
where has this gone wrong before, hmm..

He's not even in this one, Watanabe's the only returning actor iirc

Your mother's sex tape.

>ancient super species

So are they from underground like those skullcrawler monsters in Kong Skull Island?

>4 monsters in one flick
Where has this gone right before, hmm.

Trick r Treat and Krampus filmmaker Michael Dougherty is directing from a screenplay he co-wrote with Zach Shields (Krampus). Ken Watanabe and Sally Hawkins are reprising their roles from Godzilla alongside franchise newcomers Vera Farmiga, Kyle Chandler, and Stranger Things breakout Millie Bobby Brown.

I thought 2014 was passable, but on the whole pretty mediocre.

That being said, I really like the direction they're taking with the sequel. An excellent choice in director, someone who really gets genre movies and hopefully understands the source material far better than Edwards ever did. I'm also totally for them pulling out the stops and bringing in a bunch of Tohos heavy hitters for this. If they want to make a big dumb blockbuster based on Godzilla, they might as well go all in and give us a straight up monster mash movie.

The guy who directed Trick 'r Treat and Krampus.

top pleb

Just the cave paintings from Kong.

>Godzilla
>Mothra
>Rodan
>Ghidorah

Where has user learned to count before, hmm..

If anything, there should be MORE monsters. Destroy All Monsters up in that shit.

I want Anguirus God damn it.

I should have said 3 new villains introduced in a single movie

Completely lost all interest in Legendary goji after Shin

>Destroy All Monsters
iirc before Gareth Edwards got the boot he said at SDCC that things were gonna build up to that

>and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah.

Ghidorah ain't shit even in the Japanese version, at no point has Godzilla ever been in danger fighting that 3 headed faggot, at least in G versus Megalon he was getting stabbed by Gigan with blood everywhere.

MAN FUCK GHIDORAH!!

this time godzilla shows up for 20 minutes!

oh no better call the studio and let them know you won't watch before they put more money into this!

Just voicing a thought you seem to hate.

Spiderman 3 was great and you know it.

thank god

Ultimate nemesis my fucking ass

t. Raimi

Keiser almost fucking destroyed G

I disliked pretty much all of the human characters, but godzilla and all the monster fighting, especially the end fight was fucking great.

Godzilla 3 should have Biollante
Destroy All Monsters type movie should be the next big movie after Godzilla vs King Kong

I think it's forgiveable because it had to set up the premise of the universe and that includes a bunch of human characters that no one cares about and their problems. The actual monster scenes were good.

I'm looking forward to this because it seems to be going balls deep in the monster action that everyone craved from the first flick.

>Stranger Things breakout Millie Bobby Brown.

>children
>again

Godzilla is the western Ultraman of course there will be children

There was this posted a while back. Apparently it was from the company that was doing some prelim designs. I guess there was some flap about it getting out to the public and NDA's being breached.

>Godzilla is the western Ultraman

what a strange statement

Even by American standards you are embarrassing. Even the stupidest fucking knuckle-dragger knows Ghidorah is Godzilla's most famous enemy and has been considered his nemesis for decades.

>The guy who directed Trick 'r Treat and Krampus.

it's gonna be shit is it?

>Ultraman of course there will be children
Ultraman is usually paired up with a team of adults, Science Patrol, Terran Defense Force, Monster Attack Team, ect. Bunch of fully grown adult professionals and the like, Ultraman's host usually being the new guy to the group.

Children are usually episode specific ancillary characters like "that boy who saw the flying saucer" or "the school children who accidentally stumbled upon the kaiju nest". Rarely are they the focus of the show.

fuck year.
while my main complaint was that despite it being intentional for godzilla to have not a lot of screentime, they will have no excuse not to show him off a lot in this movie

Most famous sure, but ultimate nemesis? There are other monsters that are less famous that have stomped Godzilla's ass into the fucking pavement in comparison, you knuckle dragging nincompoop, so that image applies to you more than it does me!

Maybe if you hate fun

I don't have much hope for Godzilla 2 but the dude who's directing Kong vs Godzilla actually seems to know his shit and is getting deeply familiar with the actual Japanese movies instead of being a stuck up self-important prick like Edwards. He even said 84 Godzilla is what he immediately thinks of when he closes his eyes and imagines Godzilla. He even got his hands on the Godzilla Encyclopedia from like 20 years ago and Eiji Tsuburaya Master of Monsters. Maybe finally these movies will get good.

How about I shit in your mouth?

Only if it's mostly liquid spray t b h

Boo hoo you Sup Forumsmblr fucking reject, but for all intents and purposes Ghidorah is marketed as Godzilla's big enemy same way with Joker and Batman to use your capeshit terminology. Yeah no shit all 3 Mechagodzilla's have fucked him up harder but it's irrelevant. The whole reason the 1991 VS Ghidorah was even made was because they KNEW after Biollante's disappointing performance that they would make a ton of cash based on the fight alone.

>Kong vs Godzilla
Oh God, it's Adam Wingard. Director of Netflix's Death Note with nigga L.

>still believing that
oh boy

>dae Destroy All Monsters xD
meme opinion. as someone who has actually seen the whole thing (bunch of astronaut shit and then a mini fight at the end) I hope they never repeat that

>Rodan
>Mothra
>villains
'tardkino

I'm judging him solely on his impending work with the monsters. I don't give a shit about Meme Note.

It's ok to admit you lack reading comprehension and didn't actually understand my post and were just in a hurry to show how big of a "real" godzilla fan you are.

I forgive you for your insolence.

Krampus was great

What about the new Blair Witch film he did?

t. Someone who liked You're Next + The Guest

It was a great fight retard, before that it's a serviceable sci-fi movie

king ghidorah is like godzilla's Joker, that will make some serious cash you know

I can't wait to watch this video game

Speak for yourself Sup Forumsmblr rat, your "point" was fucking dumb from the start.

i'm on board

>That spacing
You have to go back.

How embarrassed Legendary must be after Shin Godzilla. You can just tell they're gonna overcompensate to make kaijukino and fall on their face.

>there are people on this site who doubted Mr. Anno
fags

I want Destoroyah for Godzilla 3, am I a faggot?

Follow the light, the light is your guide

That's the sort of design Americans would utterly ruin in adapting.

it's already ruined by merely existing, weebshit

Quick, post some non shit designs

They are already trying to compensate, the director of Godzilla 2 said he's tweaking Godzilla's design because 'well, he's evolution in motion after all' despite that clearly being Shin Godzilla's entire shtick and how we've had no indication the Legendary one has anything to do with that concept. Sad!

Go watch your capeshit Chad

Would Sup Forums be okay with these?

>still believing king ghidorah will be in it

shiggeroni

horrible

youre joking right? embarrassed about what? that their godzilla wasnt standing still for 2 weeks while bureaucrats went around talking to different countries and militaries to come up with a plan?

>hunched batwalking meme

>hating destroy all monsters
Pleb taste. Anything with Akira kubo is kino. Better than King Kong vs Godzilla again

>dood arms lmao
>le wyvern posture

Yes but not that ugly as fuck Rodan.

>King Ghidorah walking like a wyvern
kys's

>too much talky words, where was Iron man to make a quip?

>destroyah
>well executed to begin with
That suit was a mess. That thing could barely move

Thoughts?

Will they have another painfully lifeless and infuriatingly annoying protagonist?

I wish King Memorah was brighter. Also Rodan looks like the Pterodactyl from Jurassic Park 3.

those fucking eyes ruined the movie

uhmm, sweetie? Godzilla changes design from movie to movie since the 50's. the concept of a non-static Godzilla wasn't invented by that King Virgin Eva guy

>ghidorah
I knew this was coming but could they at least make him somewhat interesting this time? I get he's
>XD Godzilla's famous foe
But they better not make him Smaug with 3 heads
>tfw the best ghidorah was wasted in a mothra movie

But will they be on screen for longer than 5 minutes?

pretty good

Yeah! Their Godzilla had so much screen time with such clear action that... Oh wait.

gg dumbass. movie was fine, but not good at all. it was slightly funny at moments, and then thats it. not scary like they advertised, which is more than fine, not tense, not dramatic, not nothing. it was just guys talking and arguing while godzilla stood still until they killed him by getting him drunk

looks more like gyaos
cutest kaiju ever
kino as fuck
that was after godzilla had a nuke power up and ghidorah having a seizure cause the ufo got blown up

how about the complete opposite? a virile, vibrant, BBC-American!

when

t. Anno

It was alright, but that fully Japanese chick pretending to be American and speaking Engrish was laughable.

They couldn't hire an actual mutt for that role?

I don't think we'll get ever get as far as Godzilla in space. We'll get another reboot.

>Ghidorah
looks good

This. Godzilla's bestie has to be there for a team up movie.

>We'll get another reboot
reminder that burgerzilla along with new Kong are part of the MonsterVerse, a franchise that, ideally, should last 10+ years like the MCU, so you might see a movie set in space at a certain point

>implying he won't be there for Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla v Ghidorah: Dawn of the Metal-Monsters

I think he's the only one that could be done well. The suit was already over-designed, it's impossible to fuck up.