Tell me about the loanwords in your language

Tell me about the loanwords in your language

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/int/search/image/nWsAbHXoTfx-3QyVCQwkaA/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin#Vocabulary
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they're mainly French or German

believe it or not chinese actually have quite a big of loan words but they are from japanese kanji, the japanese named european things using kanji first so technically it's growing back, such as lot of disciplines in university and so on

>big
bit
>growing
borrowing

yes, all the Chinese words formed by giving the characters of originally Japanese coinages Chinese readings are loanwords and they are counted as such

Buku = book
Kitab = book (religious)
Keju = cheese
Gereja = church
Sekolah = escola
Bendera = bandiera
Garfu = garfo

There are way too many of them. But fortunately there are German equivalents for most of them.

Mine has a dozen borrowed from then-living ancient Greeks.

miao

meow?

Penisu HAHAHA :DDD

We have standard Sino-Vietnamese loanwords (which are the most numberous), pre-Middle Chinese loanwords and some from proto-Tai or neighbor Mon-Khmer languages. There're French loanwords too, but not many and often obsolete.

Various examples

miau

that's not what he meant. the kanji are chinese, but the compound words they form are loaned

that's what I meant, words like "革命/kakumei/géming", 科学/科學/kagaku/kèxué or 建築/kenchiku/jiànzhù.
They are sometimes called "graphic loans".

desuarchive.org/int/search/image/nWsAbHXoTfx-3QyVCQwkaA/

People think that Spanish has a lot of Arabic loanwords, like a lot, but not really

Everything is really really bad. I wish I could go back in time and convince Vladimir of accepting Islam, so our language wasn't polluted by all these europeisms and church slavonisms.

You can thank us

keju=queijo
Gereja=Igreja

Pretty much any name of a modern invention is an english loanword. Contributions of the rest are fairly insignificant, ever since anything foreign got purged by Jablonskis and what not.

There's a good amount of german and russian barbarisms still in use tho.

Every language borrowed from Latin but not vice versa ;)

We dont really have that many loanwords in our language, enenthough we already have a pre-existing word. When we do, it’s usually from fr*nch
>lapatâk-la pomme de terre/potato
>mirsî-merci/thanks
At the top of my head. I know theres a couple more though

In the last 30-40 years we have taken in a ton of English words.

My ancestors :)

You should point out you’re diaspora from roachistan
Also modern turkish is an artificial creation by mad kemalists

Not so fast, Mario

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin#Vocabulary

cucked by german, french, english and dutch

>t*rkish
>brainlet.jpg
I was referring to my language Cree, a native american language.
kiya wemisitikôsiyiniw takây

The oldest borrowing are from Old Chinese (the Proto-Turkic era): mäñgi 'eternal'