>magically savvy steve jobs thug negro

Bravo HBO
>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SAkeIsWh0Uo
youtu.be/BR_IWrBRuLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its so sad when you let racism ruin a great show

>I don't take black people seriously when they transcend their stereotypes.

Come on user, you're supposed to root for the ones that actually overcome their challenges.

Also the majority of the main gangsters in The Wire were based on real people, particularly Omar - David Simon was a Baltimore journalist for most of his life and knows more about what he was covering than anyone else.

Imagine being like this.

Yeah and then every other negro in the show (like 100 more blacks) is a violent thug who deal drugs/murder people/etc

What's your problem here? Pretty accurate ratio of good:bad blacks.

>magically savvy steve jobs thug negro
Shitposting aside, this is where you reveal that you're a retard. Stringer Bell was not a savvy businessman, he just impressed uneducated niggers, and I guess you, with a bit of posturing and spouting entry level economics terms. That's the entire reason why he got outsmarted by Clay Davis.

This. Avon was right about Stringer. Not hard enough for the game and not smart enough for the other thing.

This. For every "smart" black character (smart = not being dumb enough to talk on the phone) there where a million fucking retards who couldnt figure out how to use a simple pattern for calling.

this too. Stringer bell got played and made a fool of, he was never meant to be a smart steve jobs guy but instead a person too smart for low level shit but too dumb to do anything else.

Kiddy marxists love the wire lol.

>shows corruption in shitty government institutions
>ineffectiveness of publicschooling
>the failure that is the war on drugs

I dunno how you can watch the show and come out hoping for bigger government and more regulations thinking it will do anything

Didn't Bunny Colvin's Libertarianland fail spectacularly on its own?

>The wire
>Great show

lmao

None of these are problems. The problem is that The Wire is more boring than watching paint dry.

It was a nightmare for the higher ups but essentially worked in that it shoved all the dealers and dope heads to this one corner while leaving the neighborhoods open for kids to play and people to go about their day.

How long that would last i dunno, not long i imagine until it turns into a warzone i guess. I think the show showed that both extremes have failed i guess

I hate the ending. This asshole jimmy should have been send to jail

Leave halo dynasty wars to me

Did you finish it? It definitely feels pedantic the first time you watch through it, but somewhere in the middle of season three it clicks, and you start to understand why all of the detail matters. Really, season 5 is the worst season, and that's because it's LESS dry than the others. And when you rewatch the first two having already learned how the politics and bureaucracy works, it's clear that the first two season are much more interesting that you realized, you just weren't informed enough to understand it.

Probably the most intricate show ever made. Actually brilliant when it was firing on all cylinders.

It's more about how the system is flawed and ways in which it could be improved, not about how it's altogether bad. Governing poorly is bad, but governing well is good, and the war on drugs fucked up the police department so instead of investigating the big players like the drug lords and politicians who were actually powerful enough to fuck up the system, the system being the thing that influences everybody. There is no easy answer, just an honest and well informed look at the way in which the systems fail, and some suggestions as to how we might be able to make them better.

When you have dozens of important characters, and the subject you're focussing deals with high end players in the political and criminal organizations, you're bound to have some larger than life characters. And some gay characters. And some smart characters. And some characters that defy stereotypes.

Not to mention, The Wire is filled to the brim with characters that fulfill their negative stereotypes too. Stupid gangsters, uneducated brat children, corrupt lawyers and politicians, good people who do stupid shitty things when they get desperate or an opportunity for personal gain at the expense of somebody else's suffering arises, etc.

You're being intentionally unfair to make yourself feel superior to a show that depicts some people that defy your bigotry.

It wasn't glamorised as a perfect solution though. The Deacon confronts Bunny about how while he's made the rest of his precinct better he's turned that small pocket of it into hell. It allows Johnny to overindulge and eventually OD and even Bubbles seems creeped out at how fucking awful the place is. There's also a subtle running story-line connected to it that plays out in the background throughout the rest of the series. There are a bunch of middle / upper-class white kids who show up in hampsterdam after a while. One of them winds up becoming an addict who spends the rest of the series trying to keep her life from collapsing. There's similar shit going on with regards to the Stevedores from season 2 and the fallout of the collapse of the union and all the higher ups getting swept up in the sting on the Greek. When McNulty and Scott are digging around in the homeless community in season 5 you see some of the minor dockyard workers are now living under the overpass with the homeless.

Are you dumb? The whole show was 5 seasons of niggers being outsmarted by white people.

Before The Wire people didn't even know how stupid niggers actually were

>>magical gay negro streetwise incorruptible cop

Who is this supposed to be? Sydnore? Bubbles? Either way you're a fucking retard op.

this happens in real life too tons of upper class people become heroin addicts

Took me a while too. Greggs, because she turns in Jimmy and Lester at the end.

Retards. This dumb shit needs to stop. Stringer WAS intelligent and capable, he just wanted out of the old life so quick that he got fucked in the new life he was inexperienced with. It is NOT that Stringer wasn't capable, he just didnt have the time to get there.

And the worst part about your shit arguments, is that you would probably and mistakenly promote Marlo as being a more intelligent nigger, which he wasn't.

The Wire is nice but I can't stomach David Simon's sympathy for these characters and their real-life counterparts.

>impatient
>capable

pick one

Youre like the poker players who claim they are good except when they tilt off their entire bankroll because one flip goes against them

And also, McNulty treats Stringer as his nemesis, and it is even implied that Stringer was the most dangerous one in the show because he WAS capable of being more. For drama, you got something else. Marlo was shoehorned into that role despite being inferior in every aspect just to make an interesting ending theme. At no point is it shown that Marlo is even remotely capable of doing the things Stringer does, and he doesn't even want it too.

Nearly everyone in the show made mistakes in one way or another. People smarter and more important than you have made mistakes. That absolutely does not mean they aren't fit for the role.

marlo was intelligent in that he knew his limits and didnt try to develop skyscrapers becuase he knows he doesnt have that in him. Stringer didnt know his limits and while smart on street stuff was out of his depth in nearly all else he tried. Being intelligent is more than just doing good its also knowing when youre not good and when to stop. Marlo and avon knew this and stringer didnt. For all his brains he didnt realise his limits so yeah, he aint an intelligent character then

More pseudo-intellectual bullshit. You know nothing, user.

>know im good with smart with computers
>decide to go into surgery
>fail

This is essentially stringer bell. Mcnulty realised he was great at coding and was someone he felt was his equal when it came to computers. Stringer then decides to enter the field of brain surgery because he wants to leave that computer life behind and ends up ripped off and made a fool of. Him throwing a fit and wanting to assassinate a politician showed this. He was ace at the drug game but outside that fell apart. It is possible to be smart in one thing and be hopeless in others user

Lol the BBC fanboys are out in force about who has the bigger bull. You're worse than capefags somehow.

WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH THE GARDEN

Omar is more like a villain from a marvel netflix capeshit show than a serious hbo flick

Theme song power rankings:
2 >> 4 > 3 > 1 >>>>> a pile of shit > 5

>4
>good

fuck off.
2>1=3>

It's not really my kind of music, but it fits the show and it's a neat change of pace.

legit business is not brain surgery, but he had no experience in the field beyond a economy class. he didn't expect some major politician, it was naive if anything

SLAAAAY QUEEEEN
youtu.be/SAkeIsWh0Uo

*to rip him off

but it's true he'd be nowhere without avon

I enjoy The Wire, but let's not fucking pretend it's based in reality. It's just as ridiculous as every other fictional show out there.

Also
>David (((Simon)))

Did you even watch the show? Avon's business went farther under Stringer because of his ability. It is acceptable to think Stringer was not good enough for the street, but unacceptable to think that his strength didn't lie elsewhere, which is why after Avon started it, Stringer took it to a new level, and he did that without Avon's help. In fact, it was Avon's help (retardation) that got Stringer killed in the first place.

For the most part, Stringers problems pretty much all lead back to Avon being a dumb nigger. That's it. Avon may have had the drive and ruthlessness to survive at the street level, like Marlo, but their partnership/friendship is ultimately what ruined Stringers plan for the future. The dude was under an enormous amount of pressure and stress, mostly brought on by his "friend" wanting to nigger it up everywhere he went as soon as he got out of jail. Even when he was in jail, he was fucking things up.

Where's Wallace though?

who /sickfuck/ here?
youtu.be/BR_IWrBRuLk

it was the combination of the two, stringer understood the importance of product and avon of turf. in real life stringer would probably do better tho, in the series their killing people like they're in south america

avon had nothing to do with stinger getting played by clay davis