So did this film predict what would happen once Yellowstone erupts?

So did this film predict what would happen once Yellowstone erupts?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ch/amp/relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/2016/12/supervolcano-campi-flegrei-stirs-under-naples-italy
youtube.com/watch?v=ODElE-EEF48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never actually explained, but could be. I always thought the way the father describes it happening sounded like an asteroid or something like it.

Reminder..

it doesn't say it in the book either, but it's definitely a natural disaster.

fuck this movie and Sup Forums for recommending it
>literally nothing happens: the flick
>muh emotions
>dood walk into the woods and never come back lmao

>dood walk into the woods and never come back lmao
?

In the book, it simply said
>The clocks stopped at _____
Which kind of implies some sort of EMP thing, unless they mean a digital clock that was plugged in and lost power or something
I like how ambiguous it is.

the wife

it's figurative to the doomsday clocks.

Water everywhere, everybody filthy. Fuck that noise.

oh yeah....

>he started filling the bath tub with water after seeing a huge flash off in the distance from his window
I assumed a nuke

>california gets immediatley destroyed
>nothing of value is lost
Well, at least the coast that matters will survive the initial destruction.
I know it sounds edgy or whatever, but I'd honestly like to see some sort of giant world changing event like this happen in my lifetime.

From the book I got that it was a meteor. Would explain all the ash, dead wildlife, fires, and the ship being brought inland all fucked up.

a supervolcano and an asteroid would've had the same effect.

Well, looks like the end is near

Stick to Transformers, kid.

yellowstone would only destroy middle america. In the movie it looked like the whole world was fucked

What caused the clocks to stop working?

You'll most likely die, besides as much as I hate Cali, aren't they a major provider in food?

the ashes would cover the whole globe and block the sun, creating a new ice age

see

The scene where they enter a basement and find naked starving people was one of the scariest scene ever made

>aren't they a major provider in food?
Yeah, if you're into soy and gay jizz

>aren't they a major provider in food?
ahahhahaahhahahaa

kek

its funny coz the ash would destroy all the crops in the midwest

sup redd1t

he's right though

When shtf it's going to be wild seeing the liberal masses turn into literal zombie hordes because they have no skills outside updating their kikebook status.

I seemed to get the impression that it was nuclear war, he talks about fire eveywhere, melted asphalt everywhere, ash in the air, in the ocean...I think it was a nuclear bomb.

nukes don't create ash. and if it was nukes, they would be walking in an irradiated wasteland.

Hm, maybe it was an asteroid then...but fire, extreme heat, melting asphalt?...how would an asteroid do that, unless you were at ground zero?

The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs created enough ash and hot pollution that it blacked out the sun across the world

Hm, I dunno. Maybe Cormac mixed up different indications on purpose to keep the source of the disaster unclear, since it's not the point of the story. I wouldn't put it past him.

Uh, no I shop at Kroger.

>surviving on corn meal
>not wanting veggies/fruit

You are never told nor supposed to know for sure what happened, or whether it was a natural disaster or man-made. This is on purpose by Cormac.

>a wild pleb appears

A new ice age is somewhat of an exaggeration, but it will likely have a big impact on the global ecology.

Not an ice age, but the real impact will be 5-10 years of NO CROPS.

We were fine with Krakatoa and we'll be fine after Yellowstone

Call me an optimist, but I don't think there'd be roving packs of cannibals anywhere in America.

You're being optimistic. Fact is when humans are the only animals left they end up on the menu.

>The most notable eruptions of Krakatoa culminated in a series of massive explosions over August 26–27, 1883, which were among the most violent volcanic events in recorded history.

>The 1883 eruption ejected approximately 25 km3 (6 cubic miles) of rock.[3] The cataclysmic explosion was heard 4,800 km (3,000 mi) away in Alice Springs, as well as on the island of Rodrigues near Mauritius, 4,653 km (2,891 mi) to the west.[4]

>With an estimated Volcanic Explosivity Index (VEI) of 6,[2] the eruption was equivalent to 200 megatons of TNT (840 PJ)—about 13,000 times the nuclear yield of the Little Boy bomb (13 to 16 kt) that devastated Hiroshima, Japan, during World War II, and four times the yield of Tsar Bomba (50 Mt), the most powerful nuclear device ever detonated.

>The pressure wave from the final explosion was recorded on barographs around the world. Several barographs recorded the wave seven times over the course of five days: four times with the wave travelling away from the volcano to its antipodal point, and three times travelling back to the volcano.[21]:63 Hence, the wave rounded the globe three and a half times.

>Average global temperatures fell by as much as 1.2 degrees Celsius in the year following the eruption. Weather patterns continued to be chaotic for years and temperatures did not return to normal until 1888.

Volcanoes are dope

did you not see interstellar? why would crops survive yellowstone blast lol

Plus Yellowstone, if it erupts, will not create the tsunamis and shit that so many others claim it will. The important things to take away are that the Mississippi is fucked and so many crops, water supplies and many other things are fucked and a lot of the surrounding area will be impacted by the ash clouds. It won't be a fucking apocalypse.

Krakatoa was a minor volcano.

Yellowstone is a caldera turning into a supervolcano. Very very different things.

Idk guys, that kind of future actually seems kind of tempting considering

Krakatoa was on a caldera too

could this literally just happen at any moment?

The ground would bulge for some time beforehand.

It's nothing real. Basically it killed all plant and animal life but left humans alive. It's intentionally ambiguous and couldn't be any explainable phenomenon.

sure it won't just do a st helens and blow an ocean sized hole right in the continent

no, the magma chamber is like 5% full, it's not happening any time close to our lifetimes

It will hopefully end Jewish control on the US, hopefully...then we can stop going to war for Israel.

She's probably a higher end hooker. Not bad desu senpai.

t. bitter incel

St Helens bulged you dumb fag

tarpkino

no it didn't

>The eruption was preceded by a two-month series of earthquakes andsteam-venting episodes, caused by an injection ofmagmaat shallow depth below the volcano that created a large bulge and a fracture system on the mountain's north slope.

could this poster be the yellowstone super volcano itself?

It's ambiguous because it doesn't matter.

I'm successfully baited. How could someone see a sexy hooker doing a sexy trick and then be so bitter that their dick isn't a champagne bottle to want the world to end.

nope

>t. cucks

and what are your major contributions to society?

>Experts at the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) say the risk of an eruption at Yellowstone supervolcano is low—the current volcano alert level remains normal and the aviation color code, which provides information on the potential risk to fights, is green—meaning the volcano is in a normal, non-eruptive state.

>A spokesperson from the USGS and YVO tells Newsweek the current activity appears to be “slowly winding down” and that “no other geological activity has been detected.”

>The probability of a large eruption at Yellowstone in the next year is currently calculated at one in 730,000.

>"Besides intense earthquake swarms (with many earthquakes above M4 or M5), we expect rapid and notable uplift around the caldera (possibly tens of inches per year). Finally, rising magma will cause explosions from the boiling-temperature geothermal reservoirs. Even with explosions, earthquakes and notable ground uplift, the most likely volcanic eruptions would be the type that would have minimal effect outside the park itself."

>Implying the ((scientific community)) wants us to panic.

Pretty disappointing, honestly.

I'm Barron Trump

How can Yellowstone takeout the US military? We have bases all over the world, even if everything went to shit the military would still be operating

It was most likely nukes that fucked up the world

>higher chance for all of humanity to end than being struck by lightning or winning the lottery
>(scientists): It's all good!

BUT WAIT, there's other supervolcanoes that might erupt in our lifetime

google.ch/amp/relay.nationalgeographic.com/proxy/distribution/public/amp/2016/12/supervolcano-campi-flegrei-stirs-under-naples-italy

Yellowstone won't come even close to ending humanity

>thinking the government will save you
>thinking your local community will band together to survive the ash storms and crop-less decade

humanity might live, specifically the nomadic tribes that have been surviving in the jungle since time immemorial. The rest of us "civilized" people will be wiped the fuck out.

jungle tribes generally aren't nomadic since jungles are so abundant

nomadic tribes live in areas of little resource, e.g. the steppe, the desert, the savannah

>ash storms
I think you've been watching too many movies

*ejects lava profusely*
Ayo hol up

>t. ((Expert))

USA will be wiped out, rest of the world will do fine

>t. read and ifuckinglovescience article

> Burgers get assblasted by ash and other problems
> The rest of the world is just chilling
I mean sucks for Americans I guess

Just remember that people were on the ground floor of tower 2, told things were fine and to go back to work, and then died. Never let (them) tell you things are safe with odds like that.

It's obviously a nuclear Fallout.

>Giant Blinding light.
>Nuclear Winter
>Yellowstone could never fuck up the entire nation like this
>Clocks stop working due to EMP (nukes)
>those are all of my points.

america is the only part of the world that is relevant actually..

America is only relevant to Americlaps. You are here for everyone else's entertainment.

This is very true. You're going to have to find somewhere remote and stockpile like a madman though. And the real question is, "how long can this last?" and the follow up, "how long until someone figures out what I've got?"

He's right faggots. Only northern america will be affected. Even if every American citizen was killed that only accounts for 4% of the human population.

thats not how you spell Australia

youtube.com/watch?v=ODElE-EEF48

Didn't the internet happen in your life time you edgy idiot? Or do you mean you just wanna see a big disaster with massive amounts of life lost just for kicks.

>a few feet of ash
wow it's fucking nothing

I love in Michigan. What does that mean for me..?

>Krakatoa erupts, can be heard 2,000 miles away
>affects global weather patterns for nearly a decade
>lol only le Amerifats will be scoured, us nords will be safe

I've come to the conclusion that grinding for a bunker so i can survive in an apocalypse, when I've lived life like a king for so long, is a waste of time. 1 .44 round is a hell of a lot cheaper, and i can vacation while the going is good.

>t. Shitposter

Haha oh man you're retarded. The entire planet would be fucked if the Yellowstone volcano erupted. The economy of the entire planet would go into a great depression on massive scale, American refugees will swarm other countries on an insane fucking level, the average temperature around the world will drop dramatically...and the list goes on and on. Quit living in denial.

can you read? it says milimeters.
I never said it wouldn't be catastrophic and affect people worldwide I was just agreeing that it won't come close to wiping out humans

A few feet of ash would prevent you from ever growing another crop on that soil for the rest of your life.

1000 mm = 1 m = 3 ft

ever heard of a shovel? or a leafblower?

I know you're joking but i wonder where you would put ash if literally every square meter was covered in ash. Pile it up?