So how was Arkham Knight in comparison to the other Batman Arkham games...

So how was Arkham Knight in comparison to the other Batman Arkham games? I noticed that its on sale on PSN and have been meaning to pick it up for a while now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gowu0kdJKqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

Disappointing.

It's okay.
The story feels more personal, gliding around the city is awesome, but twist is obvious.

Great if you look at it as a Batman simulator. Protip, literally just go do all the tank stuff first. Itll take about 3 hours at most then you can drive any batmobile you want through Gotham.

Is it worth 12 bucks at least?

With all of the DLC and patches it's the ultimate Batman game.
Great Combat, Great Graphics, Cool mash of "classic" Batman stories(just like the previous games).
A lot of playable characters and challenge maps, aswell as a small story chapter for each of those characters.
It build on the previous games in every aspect, if you enjoyed the other games this might aswell be Batman: Arkham Steroid.

(It was way below my expectations when it released though)

Asylum and City are 9s, Knight is 8... Batmobile mechanics threw a serious monkey wrench in things so fiddle with the controls early. Not as bad as everyone says though. Worth playin

Yes.

For 12 bucks yes.

More detective stuff that arkham city, but less everything else due to the batmobile getting the spotlight.

It is fun to play when out of the batmobile, but riddler went too fucking far with the amount of shit he wants and the story is just beyond obvious of any shock if you have read Batman at all.

Get the Zur en arrh / earth 2/ or the jl 3000 suit and just go nuts on everyone till you can freely drive burtons / 2016 car in free roam.

Zur En Arrh suit isn't in the game???

it is if you have the wbplay thing, you collect the reward when signing in, also the either noel or anime one is a gift too.

You can get it by signing up for WBgame's community forums at the moment

So I read that the stand-alone DCEU Batman film will also be heavily influenced by Under the Red Hood.

Why the fuck do third party developers always have such a hard-on for this story? It's not even a good story compared to Batman's other stuff.

Well hot damn looks like I'm on it. So the only leaked suit that didn't get made was the Batman of Bethlehem suit? What is up with that I wonder.

The Batmobile parts are hands down the worst parts of the game and fuck Rocksteady for making players find all of the Riddler trophies so that they can get the full ending.

Cause the animated movie did well and edgy kids like the new red hood.

Kek git gud faggot

Oh hey riddler, see you came out of your hole finally.

Nothing.

A turd.
It's better than god because taking one of those long, solid turds in one push feels really good and relieving.
Worse than evil because it might be one of those shitty turds that requieres you to wipe like 60 times.
Poor people are normally covered in it.
Rich people want to take shits but their shitty diets won't allow them.
And if you eat it you'll obviously die because shit is not good food.

Red Hood really hasnt been in much stuff outside of comics though.

His gameplay is also the best in the game i may add, the gun makes everything better and his executions are top tier

Playing an Arkham game after Asylum is probably a mistake.

>movie
>video game
>now the DCEU upcoming film

>I take rumors as fact

>Not enjoying the shit out of city gameplay
>Not enjoying the best Joker we had in Knight
shit taste mate

I regret playing it. I don't know how people say it's a good batman simulator, 60% of the game is literally tank combat

>3-5 hours
>60%

Someone was a dumbass that didn't do any sidequest.

Not him but you've inspired me to give the game another go. Right after I do my Witcher 3 marathon.

Why no Cass Cain?

WHYYY???

loved arkham asylum and city, ver mixed feelings about knight.
Never played origin.

Is origin any good?

>Great Tier
Arkham Asylum
Arkham City

>Fun But Flawed Tier
Arkham Origins

>What The Fuck Are You Doing Tier
Arkham Knight
Akrham Origins: Blackgate

Knight sucked. The batmobile genuinely was forced into just about every level and no matter whether its tank gameplay or a chase, it sucked. What's that? You're exploring an area that in any of the previous games you could just glide to? Well fuck that, better get a remote controlled mobile to explode some shit, make a widget pull something and then get the car to you so you can get to that point with a makeshift ramp.

That's not even getting into the fact that there are literally no boss fights and we are talking about a game that includes Bane, Red Hood and Deathstroke or that the story is horribly written.

Is the game alright on PC now?

More specifically, is it alright on non Nvidia PC now?

The best Batman simulator, the most combat and predator options of the games. But the Batmobile sections can get really samey, and the predator scenarios themselves can be really cluttered and hard to traverse sometimes.

>Oh cool, a breakable wall, let me just put the explosive gel on it! Or maybe I can pull it down with my grapple!
>Oh or the car. Ok! Let's use the car!

HOURS LATER

>Oh no, you want me to... call the car again. Ok. Yeah no I'll go get the car.

Do you like the idea of playing a buick simulator with a tank simulator on the side? Oh and theres a bunch of cool little batman minigames on the side.

Origin probably has the best story of all of them (which isn't saying much but it's decent until the ending and has a really great Bane), the worst combat and 50/50 boss fights. Don't expect much of the whole ten assassins out to kill Batman angle, Lady Shiva and Deathstroke are basically just QTE events.

Why the hell did this series only occasionally manage boss fights that made you feel like Batman jut as much as the regular gameplay did? Why couldn't they all match the quality of Mister Freeze in City?

>there are literally no boss fights

Fuck this shit was the worst offender. Someone should have told Rocksteady that tank battles don't count as boss fights.

thx, ill get it on a sale or something.

sadly, no,
git a ps4 goy

I bought and finished this at release because I apparently had the blind good luck to have a spec that could run it without problems.

What DLC actually adds content that isn't skins or AR challenges? I assume the Batgirl, Harly and Red Hood storypacks, anything else?

Season of Infamy DLC ads Ras, Freeze, Mad Hatter, and Croc episodes.

I liked the batmobile segments

Thanks man!

I noticed they're not on sale though even though the base game is. :(

The Batmobile was fun but its just that there's too goddamn much of it.

>Keatonbats' Batmobile is availible as DLC
>cant use it for the main story

Fuck

Because the main combat system doesn't do well one on one. Everything revolves around counter and that's easier to deal with 1 on 1 vs 1 on 12
Hence why so many boss fights just have you doing the same thing as you would against a bunch of regular punks

Except the Clayface, Freeze and Ras (sorta) fights
Croc and Bane had you fight regular goons as well but they also had their own move sets unlike AA Bane which was just a Titan thug fight

Trying to finish it right now. It's a slog. Arkham City was such a joy the first time I played through it; there was always more to discover, the boss fights were mostly fun and the sandbox felt just large enough without being unwieldy. The only area that Arkham Knight improves upon is limiting the heavy backtracking in some of the dungeon levels of City. Gliding is also a bit more fun/easy in Knight. In every other conceivable way Knight is less fun, less cohesive and less artful.

The biggest issue is the Batmobile, which is basically awful. They never find a way to integrate it into gameplay as seamelessly as in GTA or other sandbox games and the tank element, which makes up literally a quarter to a third of gameplay (that might be an exaggeration, but it feels that way), is just bad. Like, awful to play. It sucks.

It's also repetitive as fuck and the difficultly sometimes means a casual gamer (like me) is going to stall out for two hour periods at least a few times during a first playthrough.

If you're a huge Batman fan or loved the other Arkham games, you'll want to play it to finish the story, but lower your expectations significantly.

Bane wasn't in Knight.

That's because Arkham Knight killed him in the tie-in comic leading up to it. I'm not kidding.

>not even mentioning based Firefly and bane in origins
Pot

What do you mean until the ending? I thought him not killing Joker and earning Gordons respect was pretty cool.

So don't make combat oriented boss fights. Make them puzzle oriented ones like Freeze or Killer Croc. You did it once or twice Rocksteady, why couldn't you do it all the time?

I meant shoehorning Joker in again. Which was BARELY acceptable in City when they actually killed him.

The Kate cameo was fine at least.

I regretted preordering it
I took three one week breaks while playing it because I just got bored

his guns look weird

>mfw owned a 980 Ti when it launched
>mfw got it for free when bought gfs 980
>played supposedly broke ass game with zero issues for 75 hours on release

I loved that game. but I got it for free and had the second best video card in the world, so I can kinda see how it might have sucked shitty dick tits in the beginning.

Not OP but in a similar situation I waited until there was a good deal for the premium edition.

So far I really like it but I get how people who initially bought it without the DLC would be really disappointed.

i bought it on the sale. so far it's pretty cool, but i know the spoilers for the plot and im not really a fan. battle mechanics are great though. wish the batmobile was easier to steer, but there have been worse driving mechanics in games.

i would have never bought it full price, but 12 dollars for a very long and full game isn't a bad deal.

The main story is padded out with pointles Bat-tank sections, but other than that I think it's the best Arkham game by far. It's visually beautiful, the inclusion of the Joker is smartly done, and the variety of gadgets and moves really make you feel like Batman.

DLC is worth it if you like challenge maps and/or the villains they added in Season of Infamy. There's also a separate Batgirl DLC that's pretty short but fun. Overall I'd say at least the main game is worth 12 bucks.

>Came across a Gotham City Story yesterday where he leaves Gotham, gets his shit together and takes down the druglords controlling Santa Prisca then moving on to Pena Dura
>Never read the comics, go to wiki
Apparently Knight killing him is considered non-canon.

>wish the batmobile was easier to steer
Eventually you get used to it.

Switching to Tank Mode and Dashing or using Pursuit Mode's Side Dash is useful.

Fuck those Race tracks though.

Agreed along with Batman being the only character you can use on the open world. I wanted to try Batgirl, Catwoman, Red Hood, Nightwing, and Robin. But nope... they're locked in their own story missions.

Second most disappointing thing other than the lack of boss fights.

I wish I found this shit out before buying the DLC

Nothing

There was a Batwoman cameo? Where?

fucking good.

I bought it with all the dlc for 24 during the E3 sale.

Its shit
Scarecrow cant lead a game

On the phone in the Wayne Enterprises office

What about this one? I remember the response to Arkham Knight but I didn't hear much about Origins

Should I skip it after I finish City?

I'm curious, but what it be better if it was someone instead of Scarecrow, like maybe Vandal Savage leading the game as the main villain?

I mean, Deathstroke and Deadshot already made their way into the games as enemies, and they're not officially a part of Batman's rogue gallery. Would it really be okay?

I think it'd be pretty fun, considering the fact that Batman could go all out with him since Vandal is functionally immortal like Solomon Grundy.

It wouldn't have mattered since Joker would've hijacked the story anyway. Scarecrow wasn't the problem, it was how Rocksteady couldn't let go of their Joker boner.

Also, Deadshot started out a Batman villain. He has more claim to be in a Batman game than Deathstroke and Grundy.

So can you free-roam as other characters yet like Catwoman in City? Because that shit was dope.

On paper it's a great story and idea

No. At most there are some fights where you can switch with Catwoman, Nightwing, or Robin (individually, not all 3 helping with the same fight), and a few Riddler challenges where you swap between Batman and Catwoman.

People started hating on it because of Joker's role in the story, the gameplay was more or less the same and it wasn't done by Rocksteady so it was a pale imitation on their eyes.

Some people even declared it as non-canon but then Knight came out and put all that shit to rest.

...Honestly just play all 4.

For Origins you have the Christmas+Gotham in Winter theme, pretty good story, Characters at their earliest, City Traversal via the Batwing and more detective segments.

Only thing I wouldn't recommend is the multiplayer.

It wasn't much (I'd have preferred a Batwoman skin for Barb) but I'm glad it was there.

There's another cool message besides Kate and Vicki Vale.

>destroy Deathstroke's tank
>he comes flying out in rage
>expecting some epic boss fight
>"lol nope just slammed into the ground and shoved into the batmobile's ass"
>okay fine he's not knocked out maybe he'll jump out of the trunk and surprise boss fight
>nope he just surrenders while spouting stupid bullshit
Well fuck you too Rockstar.

As much as I hated how he was shoehorned in YET AGAIN, I liked the Joker hallucinations

She leaves a message in Bruce's office (there's also one from Lex Luthor)

youtube.com/watch?v=gowu0kdJKqM

Same.

There were so many that were just perfectly executed and well timed.

Hell even the signs do that.

This hurt me too much
I just don't get how a studio like Rocksteady who get so many things so right can at the same time go on to make pants on head retarded decisions and have them approved. It's honestly baffling, as is the forced Batmobile.

Change can be good but no one plays the Batman series for sub par tank combat. Making it simply a vehicle for traversal and maybe some puzzles here or there would probably have worked better. The Batmobile even made the Arkham Knight retarded because all he had to do was send out some manned tanks but instead he said something stupid like "I don't want him to hold back" which makes very little sense.

I did love the game though honestly

Because it's a damn good story you dolt!

>Dead Robin
>batman's greatest failure
>comes back to haunt him
>joker is heavily involved
>guaranteed sales

Literally has the formula for success they (DC directors and shit) just need to execute it right

Likewise, this would immensely help fix Jason Todd in the comics too

I swear it's like you faggots don't even think

This

He is way more fun than all the other characters

Next best is Nightwing

Has the Season of Infamy DLC been on sale yet on PSN?

Genesis was actually really good

Tank simulator, disappointing bosses, flawed story, and joker boners aside

Rocksteady messed up by not fully fleshing out Jason or any of the Robins for that matter. Here's why.

We never really got a feeling as to how or why Dick became Nightwing or shit he did when he was Robin
Similarly, we don't get to see how Dick sets the bar high and Jason fails to impress Bruce and gets himself killed.

Imagine if they took out a good portion off the tank battles and placed in a few flashbacks

You play as Jason Todd for a bit. Follow Bats. Always butt heads l. Bust villains, fight the Joker. Get your ass kicked. You then see how he became the Knight rather than read about it

That would have been a way better game than subpar tank roaming

Pic related literally one of the best parts about the game

This was the sole reason why bane wasn't in the game

I liked beating up Miley Cyrus, and fighting Deathstroke on hard mode is the ultimate adrenaline rush.

Those segments gave me some literal PTSD

Anyone still disappointed that there wasn't solo Nightwing shit?

I mean his side mission was like 6/10 at best

You probably couldn't find anyone on the multiplayer even.

>multiplayer
I won't lie that was some of the best fun I ever had in the Arkham games

Killed it with Dick

Fun to play but the story was completely unearned.

The Focus on robins and Jason Todd feel like it comes out of left field considering the games have had an almost Greg Rucka Esque hatred of them.

Had Tim or Dick been more important to series than say Catwoman it might make some sense.

Also the ending ending also reeks of bulltshit, it to does not actually learn from what the series has been doing.

Fundementally the Arkham Games have never really known whether they wanted Batman alone as the Dark Knight or Father of the Batfamily which makes the third game feel schizophrenic.

That said the Ivy, Scarecrow and Joker shit is awesome the the last DLC had probably my favorite "ending" for Mr. Freeze.

>focus on Robins

Not really Dick didn't get shit at all

Nightwing and Robin both get missions and wierd emotional moments that don't really reasonate because Rconsteady didn't know what to do with the sidekicks for the first two games.

They also get post game DLC missions.

I never liked the Arkham design for ivy honestly

I wish they brought the OG costume back...

Hell I'd kill for Uma ivy or their design