"You can save her, Kal. You can save all of them."

>"You can save her, Kal. You can save all of them."

Great job, Superman.

>"Shit, did I leave the oven on."

>Superman has saved the world 5 times over
>he does nothing but save people
>the fact that he showed up all is evidence that he holds hinself accountable for his actions

>Can hear his girlfriend screaming from Africa
>Cannot hear his mother being raped by Luthor's henchmen.

Why is he so bald?

Bomb was in lead. Read comics for once.

Steroids.

Wasn't her mouth taped?

>can hear a high frequency distress signal in a location he knows lois is at
>can't hear his mom whose mouth was taped over in a major populated city
HACK SYNDER AMIRITE

How much rogaine is he slathering on if he's supposed to have flowing locks next movie?

You know Superman can move fast enough to stop the bomb the millisecond it detonates, right?

If he knew where it was, sure.

It would be the part of the room that suddenly got a lot brighter.

>room

What's the point of a superhero who can't even save people form an explosion? It's like the cheapest trick in the sleeve.

>Is a vigilante
>Condemns Batman for being a vigilante

>Courtroom
>Room

Yeah?

See

See:
Lead becomes irrelevant after it explodes since Superman can react to it in the blink of an eye.

nice sauce :^)

I mean he didn't have to save everyone but at least give it a try, don't stand there like a zucchini!

Guys, it's okay. The bomb in the wheelchair was lead lined so Superman wouldn't be able to find it. Lex Luthor figured out Superman can see through objects but lead blocks his x-ray vision, because he's an evil genius who spent months studying Superman. Zack Snyder thought of everything, covered all his bases, but then they made the movie shorter and put in Justice League introductions because franchise, and all those bases got uncovered again. It's not Zack's fault.

The movie's not complete shit after all, gang. Ultimate Cut proves it.

Won't you buy it and see?

>a high frequency distress signal

>using headcanons to justify plot holes

This is movie Superman, and every movie adaptation of a hero is nerfed as all fuck.

Lol you have no argument stfu

Yeah just like in Superman 1, where he flown so fast he traveled back in time.

OH WAIT

It's not tho, they showed you it, the little blinky thing in Jimmy's camera.

Well most of us here know Clark cant see through lead, its just that the movies never got around to explaining this and you pulled that out of your ass to justify this scene

>Hey Senator why is there a jar of piss on your podium?

Are we really using that deus ex machina as an example? People make fun of that shot, that's the number one thing normies go to when argiing that Superman lack tension die to being OP AND THEY'RE RIGHT. Writers wrote themselves in a corner with that one man.

Both these superheroes use their powers after the explosion get off:
You may say that Hack Snyder intended Superman to be slower than Quicksilver, but you can't tell me he is slower than Scarlet Witch.

As always Snyderfags ask to be proved wrong and when you do their answer is "b-but you can't use that argument because reasons!"

Keep uo the good work autists.

OK, I'll give you that one. I kind of meant that in more of a general sense, but I probably should have articulated that a little better.

Where was this stated? Does the bomb being in lead prevent him from hearing it?

Superman 1 is an outlier. user was wrong in saying "every" superhero movie but you didn't prove anything.

They havent even brought up the lead thing yet so its an asspull. The best reasoning Snyder could give us was "I was distracted" because of all the emotional/political shit. And the funny thing is that I can let the bomb thing slide, but I dont buy Clark being unable to find his mother

The fuck user? You think lex was using an old timey clock as detonator you silly cunt?

>Bombs don't make noise when they explode
Does this Clark even have reflexes like that? All we've seen so far is hearing and vison, and he doesnt realy seem to fly that fast? How are his reflexes?

What was stopping Superman from going straight to his mom?

He didn't know where she was

You might have to go with the self-aware excuse for this one. Hell Barry can get caught off guard sometimes and his reflexes are greater than Clarks.
Seriously. He can hear Lois drowning during Doomsdays fight yet he cant find his mom? I think a better excuse would have been "Bruce I cant save my mother because they shoot her as soon as they see me"

He grabbed that batman missle but a lot of his speed feats looks to be just sheer momentum. Faora had better reflexes but same deal.

But he's got X-ray vision, super-hearing, and can fly at the speed of sound, he could find her in about 10 minutes.

Explain to me why Superman is slower than Scarlett Witch
The only answer is that Superman doesnt care about people dying around him. But that's is out of character because Superman is not DrManhattan.
But Snyder thinks Watchmen is cool so everyone has to act like a Watchman character.

Yeah but I guess in those 10 minutes he wasnt fighting Batman Lex would have killed his mom or something

>Something is not right here. Is the Senate building always like this? I'm not very sensitive to minute changes in temperature, so I wouldn't know.

Okay, how do you explain how he knew Luthor had Lane on that building.

That was a tracking signal for the CIA, not a "distress signal" for Superman. It was on from the get-go.

How would Lex know he wasn't fighting Batman? He went straight to the Kryptonian ship after telling Supes to fight Batman.

Thats actually another good point. You would think he'd want cameras and enjoy the show

Walls were lined with lead in the warehouse? The movie didn't really explain how in dialogue, and judging from the Ultimate Cut, if the bomb was lined with lead then wouldn't the walls be too?

The books historical talk about how he can hear and distinguish particular heart beats. The entire death of Jonathan in All Star is predicated on the fact that he cannot HEAR Pa's hearbeat until it's too late.

Headcannon is the fan fiction Goyer and Snyder got up to to justify all their stupidity.

But they never mention lead. At least in the extended cut hes bringing the wounded for medical attention

Didn't Jena Malone's character tell Lois that the bomb was lined with lead? In the Ultimate Cut

All he needs is to hear her heartbeat, even if they had given her knock out drugs (which they hadn't) and taped her mouth.

A truly brilliant Luthor would have put her in a lead, sound proof room.

All he needed for this movie is super-hearing. They had already shown in MoS that Clark could filter out every single thing out of a symphony of sounds from heartbeats, to wind outside the walls of the classroom, bird's flying, etc., etc. and just focus purely on Martha's voice.

Her heartbeat, Jonathan's heartbeat (well till that pesky tornado), at this stage, Lois heartbeat would be as natural for him to filter as it would be for you or I to take a breath.

Lex was only seen the physical dust up that everyone else at the Planet could see and the rules were that KGBeast would contact Lex in an hour to get the go-ahead from Lex to kill Martha.

Oh shit youre right, my bad.

Maybe he doesn't want to kinkshame her? Did you ever think of that?

Actually in The Ultimate Cut they do point out that the wheelchair is lined with lead.

Superman didn't know lois was on the building until she was yelling

>can hear a high frequency distress signal in a location he knows lois is at

there weren't any distress signal, lol wut. And i'm pretty sure martha screamed before/while being kidnapped, but I don't quite remember.

also, clark could hear lois falling mid-air when luthor threw her off the building. I'm guessing she used her distress signal again?

Only stupid people can't "grasp" this movie and say "why?" At literally every single frame.
It's a tactic used by ten year olds.

for the same reason Flash sometimes gets caught off guard. They still basically have human minds/reflexes when they arent concentrating.

Lois was yelling when she fell you fucking idiot, and yes Jimmy's camera did have a CIA signal, but thats not even the point, Superman KNEW Lois would be there, so he was keeping tabs on here. Superman was a bit pre-occupied with Batman to be focusing on Martha.

>All he needed for this movie is super-hearing. They had already shown in MoS that Clark could filter out every single thing out of a symphony of sounds from heartbeats, to wind outside the walls of the classroom, bird's flying, etc., etc. and just focus purely on Martha's voice.
That's the best scene in Man of Steel and its the one its Snyderfags love ignoring the most, both for its literal reasons (Clark should be able to hear his mom) and for its symbolic (Small acts of kindness and heroism are more impactful than "he saved the world! remember the seven billion!)

>But that's is out of character because Superman is not DrManhattan.
Get ready for a bunch of not muhs.

well you got the symbolism all wrong in that, but okay. Also he does filter out sounds all the time. Like the reasoning you are giving means that never ever at any time in the comics should any villain be able to capture Lois or Martha ever ever ever. But they do all the time. Sometimes you just have to accept that Superman makes mistakes.

>well you got the symbolism all wrong in that, but okay.
You just don't understand it.

>. Like the reasoning you are giving means that never ever at any time in the comics should any villain be able to capture Lois or Martha ever ever ever. But they do all the time. Sometimes you just have to accept that Superman makes mistakes.

I can fix that plot hole in one move. Have Martha get kidnapped during the fire in Mexico; a fire that Lex's goons set. Clark DOES hear, but he has to make a choice between saving the people in the fire, or saving his mother. The fact that he chooses the less personal option makes him more heroic, and helps justify why he's such a debbie downer during that scene.

You do realize he was "a downer" because ppl were acting like he was a god thus proving the senate's point about how dangerous he could be if he decided to turn.

When it happens to Flash is because he can't see the source of danger. The bomb exploded in front of Superman right as he was watching the guy.
He could have at least leapt trought the source of the explosion in a desperate attempt. He doesn't show any empathy for those in the courtroom.

If Superman is slower than fucking Quicksilver, then that's really sad. He's like the slowest speed hero ever.

Snyder's Superman could easily said these lines. Didn't he go to exile for a while after the bomb?

the only answer is you're trying to fabricate controversy where there is none

as stated in the scene after the explosion when clark talks to lois, he feels guilty for what happened
"i didn't see it because i wasn't looking" or something to that effect
combine that with the bomb being hidden, and him not being shown as being super fast, and the it all fits

now, in regards to martha
he didn't know where she was
lex told clark that if he flew away martha dies

>and him not being shown as being super fast
I don't really mind that Superman couldn't stop the bomb but this is bull shit and you know it.

>he didn't know where she was
He could look, super speed+super hearing+x-ray vision means he could find her in no time.
>lex told clark that if he flew away martha dies
Lex had no way of know if Supes just flew away, he left immediately for the Kryptonian ship and for some reason had no way of watching Superman.

And now that I think about it, why did Lex even keep Martha alive? It's clear he doesn't care about the life of others/

why would he unleash such a horrible thing onto humanity? What did we ever do to them?

>I don't really mind that Superman couldn't stop the bomb but this is bull shit and you know it.

>yeah i get that someone is physically incapable of doing something but it's bullshit

dude, the fuck

>he could look
in a sea of people with shit happening when he has no idea where to look?
>lex had no way of knowing
in the same way the government had no way of tracking clark and doomsday right?

he kept her alive for leverage, in fact she would have been killed if not for bruce's intervention

this is basic shit that was in the movie, the whole all good all powerful dichotomy that lex wanted to expose in clark

Yes, there is nothing wrong with a """"Superman"""" that:
-Is less fast than Quicksilver
-Has less emphaty than DrManhattan
-Has less situational awareness than Scarlett Witch.

There is no controversy at all, everything is fine because it's explained in the extended cut.

>Superman has saved the world 5 times over

Which 5 times? No seriously. The Terraforming device, Zod and Doomsday?

>>yeah i get that someone is physically incapable of doing something but it's bullshit
My point is that he is shown to be incredibly fast several times, you moron.
>in a sea of people with shit happening when he has no idea where to look?
If I remember correctly the movie said that there was literally no one around where the entire Doomsday fight took place, that sounds like it would make finding a person surrounded by armed guards a lot easier for someone with super speed, x-ray vision, and super hearing.
>in the same way the government had no way of tracking clark and doomsday right?
Lex was in the Kryptonian ship with nothing but Doomsday, he didn't have anything that let him see or know what was happening outside.

>Yes, there is nothing wrong with a """"Superman"""" that:
>-Is less fast than Quicksilver
absolutely
>-Has less emphaty than DrManhattan
demonstably not true
>-Has less situational awareness than Scarlett Witch
you mean him not expecting an attack of terrorism at a public hearing?
yeah nothing wrong with that

haven't even brought up the extended cut

Well if you they give you shit and you like eating shit, who am i to tell you to not eat shit?

>complain superman can't stop a bomb he doesn't know about
>would complain if he teleported over and magic'd away the explosion

One of the points of the movie is that Clark pretty much centered all his focus on Lois, to the point where even his mom was left to the sides.

Lex points this out to him.

>shown to be incredibly fast
never fast enough to contain an explosion
even if he moved, what was he supposed to do, considering he's not superfast
>no one around are of doomsday fight
yeah. which was a different place from where martha was being held. c'mon man
>lex in kryptonian ship
as shown before in he communicates with people outside, even in that scene he mockingly calls to check in

i do admit i worded that poorly, as i could be taken to be implying lex was keeping tabs minute by minute while all i wanted to say is that it's reasonable to expect him to be aware of superman's travel to the batsignal after which he focused on other plans, which is what lex usually does, play a card then focus on something else while that card is in action

either way, the point here is about superman flying to martha, which was definitely disincentivized, and which superman tried to solve by asking for batman's help, which yeah opens some other can of words but the topic here are the moments before that

even if he spent that time looking for her, there's no guarantee that he would have found her or that he would have saved her

The fuck are you talking about?

if you like being a self important idiot who am i to try to show you a way out

You can tell what i will say before i say it? It looks like you have bigger superpowers than Superman.

Yes i indeed like being a self important idiot. As i was saying, Snyder made a big fat dump and you like eating it.

Superman should have put the bomb in his mouth and ate the explosion

That's what muh All-Starman would do

That actually sounds hilarious.

we're not even talking about the movie, we're talking about the logic of superman's powers in one specific instance in one scene. you got jack shit on me my man

>never fast enough to contain an explosion
I'm not arguing against this.
>even if he moved, what was he supposed to do, considering he's not superfast
He IS superfast, I don't know why you're trying to deny this.
>yeah. which was a different place from where martha was being held. c'mon man
The Doomsday fight was all over the place, and since, according to the movie, no one was in any of those locations you'd think that'd narrow down where Supes had to look. Also let's not forget Alfred found her in like five seconds.
>as shown before in he communicates with people outside, even in that scene he mockingly calls to check in
I don't remember him doing this.
And even then we never see him check on Superman and Batman, he was completely oblivious to what was happening out there.

Why do you ignore the parts where I mention Superman's powers? You act like he's just some normal guy, and let's be real here: a smart person with Superman's powers in this movie would have just taken Lex and his guys somewhere where they can't do anything (like contact the other henchmen to kill Martha for example) and then go look for Martha themselves.

But Mr. "I can get to a place so fast you don't even see it happen" doesn't spend not even ONE second looking for his mom. Not a fucking one.

I realize that. And that's stymied by the fact that he's too much of a bitch about it to ever object to it.

To extrapolate on this...

In the movie Superman was feeling overwhelmed and burdened by all the media persecution, his own guilt and shame over the consequences of his action and the fact no one seemed to understand him. As the movie progresses he kept secluding himself more and more inside Lois apartment, the only place where he could feel at ease and be easily understood. Lois was turned into his world.

Lois even pointed out that she feared if their relationship was a good thing, because she didn't know if they could keep being together and him still be himself and do what he needed to do.

That's why Superman always kept an eye on Lois, that's why Lex managed to find his identity by investigating Lois (Lex mentioned this during the rooftop confrontation), that's why Lex managed to complicate Superman by using Lois as bait.

During the rooftop confrontation between Lex and Superman, when Lex said he had someone from Superman's life, the first thing Superman thought about was Lois, who was now safe and sound. This was again to illustrate just how attached to Lois Superman had grown top be.

That's probably why Lex caught Martha so easily. Superman stopped paying attention to her, since she was in Smallville and Superman had Lois 24/7 on his mind.

In the end Superman come the realization that to keep Lois safe, he has to keep the world safe, because they were both his world.

This guys doesn't sound like Superman. Sounds like his sad cousin.

When she's got far too many scenes in Justice League I am going to remember this post and be very sad.

>not muh not muh based capesnyderkino abloo bloo bloo

I kinda agree, but i identified with his character arc.

I too went through some hard times and during those times i grew extremely attached to my girlfriend. I couldn't give a crap about anything else anymore. There were days that the only thing i wanted to do was to remain in the bed with her and do nothing.

In the end she cheated on me and broke up, saying that i stopped being the guy she knew and that i had become too needy and pathetic.

sauce is the ultimate cut nerd

The logic about Superman powers allowed him in that scene to do anything in a range from saving everyone to trying and failing. But he didn't even move a muscle, because he simply didn't care to save those poeple.

Yeah, when they humanize Superman like this, they don't realize that they're watering down the "super" in his name

No offense m8. But your ex sounds like a fucking cunt.