Best girl

Best girl

the finale was fucking god-awful

Wrong

With the exception of Wednesday announcing his name I thought it was pretty great. The anonymous henchmen were pretty dope despite doing nothing.

>there will never be a lesbian orgy with all the main characters that ends with the black god engorging all of them as browning screams out in ecstasy
this show is like Blue Balls: the Series

What show is this?

The best show featuring the best girl.

American Gods

>8 episodes of filler

BRAVO FULLER

she was best until ostara came along. she and shadow are kawaii together, hope he leaves his asshole dead wife for easter

Literally the book. If you didn't enjoy it then stop now because the entire book was like thisand it's great.

Ostara is an old hag

>ywn fuck her on her husband's grave, let her snowball the headstone and piss on it with her

So what were the faceless dudes?

Ostara looks like 10000x better than media. I'm totally worshipping her.

faceless henchmen of technology boy. Think of them of the embodiment of followers/subscripers/forum posters etc...

15 minutes in
>muh men opressing womyn
>isis out of nowhere
i want to like the show so much but fuller makes it really fucking hard

they r legun

>isis

do you know anything about history?

>the embodiment of followers/subscripers/forum posters
Oh nice one. Were those featured in the book? Because that came out before those things were really popular/mainstream

>isis out of nowhere
How? The temples being destroyed literally happened and it's pretty relevant to the concept of the book.
Mr. Nancy has already shown he's an annoying faggot.

>there are multiple Jesus depending on how people imagine him or depending on races
>not a black Jesus in sight
Will niggas ever recover?

What does that have to do with anything
It's just weird seeing fucking isis reports in the middle of a fucking fantasy bit about a goddess who eats through her vagina

There has been a lot of shit updated for modern technology, the book is over 15 years old.
Bilquis being a tinder sloot instead of an actual whore is another neat touch.

>they show Jesus getting killed
>"mimimimi liberal cucks, why they don't show Islam"
>they show Islamic revolution in Iran and ISIS in a negative way
>are basically saying that muslims are sexist because they are scared of women
>"mimimimi fucking feminists"

so is media. but ostara is goddess of spring, she can btfo all of life on earth. plus she is cute

I don't believe they were in a book (although I could be mistaken I've forgotten a lot). I specifically remember technology boy personally roughing Shadow up in their first meeting instead of having henchmen to do it for him.

Yeah, I haven't read the book, but I really like these. Technology and media have only become more popular now, so those themes are actually even more relevant.

it's really easy to trigger right wingers, but i guess you're just finding out now.

they're all old hags on this show tbqh

damn she's a qt

Why is the show trying to shill Laura so fucking hard? She makes me want to blow my brains out when she's on screen. The writers seem to think she's a lovable bitch type character when she actually comes off as a turbo cunt. Also, why are hey nipples so fucking erect in ever scene?

The actress for Bilquis isn't that old but the show makes her look old. It's probably on purpose but even when she's in her prime she looks way older than she looks irl.

>mfw god of walmart is a fat kentucky woman riding a mobility scooter

Seriously. How can you prefer Media over that?

She's a disloyal cumbucket that got what she deserved. But, she is hot.

Literally perfect.
captcha: 2700 SPRING

She has the ugliest fucking smile

GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU ZOMBIE WHORE

Best scene of any show any year

So does shadow ever get any powers? He seems pretty useless.

Gillian always left a strong memorable impression after every episode she was in, but they gave her the worst shit in this one. Very anti-climactic finale overall. Plus, the airbrushing is killing me. I get that the sharp HD 4K ultra image can be really unflattering at times, but their cover-up is even worse in my opinion.

I mean, it actually kinda works since she is Media.

......................................................................................................................................................................No.

They did write in that she was responsible for Shadow going to prison solely because she was a childish cunt who wanted some thrills, so I think she's supposed to be unlikable to some degree.

because she is of the most known cast members

This, it gave her an uncanny appearance in places.

I can't wait until the technical boys runs over the vagina god for failing him.

Oh don't mind me, I'm just being a absolute dogshit character.

>but everyone likes me
>and I'm so pretty
>and here are my tits teehee
>also I'm super strong
>I can beat up magical beings
>I'll also hurt them if I don't get my way RIGHT NOW
>but he will still help me
>and when he does I'll punch him!
>don't look at my tits tee hee
>better do what I say!
>guuuuuurl power!

Got to go now and be anti climactic seeya!

>He's called wednesday because wednesday comes before thursday (Thor's day)

To be fair, she isn't much better in the books. She's just a deus ex machina that shows up out of nowhere whenever shadows in trouble, solves the problem then disappears for a 3rd of the book.

>Wodan's day

This. They're probably giving her so much screen time specifically to avoid having normies understand that she's more of a tool for the author to keep shadow alive than anything.

I know she kills some of the people after Shadow at some point, but do they reference the fucking retarded revenant super strength as its displayed in the show?

>The name Wednesday continues Middle English Wednesdei. Old English still had wōdnesdæg, which would be continued as *Wodnesday (but Old Frisian has an attested wednesdei). By the early 13th century, the i-mutated form was introduced unetymologically.
>The name is a calque of the Latin dies Mercurii "day of Mercury", reflecting the fact that the Germanic god Woden (Wodanaz or Odin) during the Roman era was interpreted as "Germanic Mercury".

You made me google what wednesday meant and fuck me it actually means "Odin's day", I knew thursday was "Thor's day" and I thought it was sort of a funny connection the author made about "that day being before Thor's day because Odin is Thor's father".. Fuck me.

they were No One

;^)

I always thought it was more a "oh god it won't stay dead" Wight as opposed to a super strong kick spines out of people dead wife.

Yes. He's abducted by the Men in Black the new gods have working for them (who have been replaced with the faceless cunts in the show for some reason) and Laura kills a stronghold of them with her bare hands. It's not shown but her zombie strength is heavily implied.

those were her places of worship you dumbfuck

>reports relating to modern affairs in the middle of a bit about a goddess dealing with the modern world
golly gee

>tfw Shadow and Easter will never run away together into the sunset

>make blasphemous, demonically inspired tv show

>get a literal 666 in the ratings

What did Satan mean by this?

Yeah it was total shit

>Why is the show trying to shill Laura so fucking hard?

Because women tend to sign the check paying the cable tv bill, thus EVERY tv show nowadays has to have a prominent girlfriend/wife character and usually needless children are also added.

Trips in the percent change as well. Just some meme magic for the best episode (sans the Laura shit)

Were they though. I thought she's supposed to be the american version of that goddess who arrived with the aids lady, so technically not?

>episode focuses on the Old Gods vs New Gods plot again
>massive, dramatic increase in quality

It's almost as if cunt tales wasn't a good thing to waste 3 episode on.

Jesus that Odin/Spring reveal was glorious. Spring was just perfect too - pretty and feminine but still Old and past her prime as it were.

As many things as i can criticise about this show, it's visuals are top notch, to be expected of Fuller.

It's his stamp of approval, I guess. It's literally devil layers of demonic. They jews out did themselves this time around. I'm so happy it's canceled. Demonic dogs! I can't stand them!

Well it's canceled. So get that disgusting degeneracy, outta here punk!

they're the american versions but they're still the same god, they stem from the same source

Bilquis seems to be the exception to the idea that gods don't move to different places but instead new versions of those gods are created there.

>cancelled
but it's been renewed

>Bilquis seems to be the exception to the idea that gods don't move to different places but instead new versions of those gods are created there.
Why would they do that? The lore's already confusing enough

It's amazing how much I've enjoyed this show because I didn't watch it with your guys.

This.

The show is literally a seesaw of good scenes without her in and bad scenes with her in.

it's not even a reeee stronk females trigger me moment, she's is just genuinely a massively unlikable person.

I honestly do believe they think she's some sort of lovable quirky rogue when she's seriously just awful and a chore to have on screen
I'm watching on a 4K monitor inches from my face and i really noticed Gilly this time. They really didn't blend the makeup and stuff around her eyebrows and i noticed it quite quickly. Im a dude who has never done any makeup so i really shouldn't be noticing it if it's subtle, so i'm guessing it wasnt

>literally no one likes her on the show (even Shadow doesn't know how he feels)
>she's constantly covered in dead-girl makeup and made to look like a decaying corpse
>her tits were only shown in a pretty non sexual way after she became a corpse
the rest is mindless bitching (by you)

That was before the abysmal views. It's tentative at this point. Happily the fags and sacrilegious disgusting imagery ends.

The disgusting pagan thing who is a colored woman left Tehran when it was overtaken by extremist.

Jesus comes back

>Very anti-climactic finale overall.
I was so disappointed by it. It didn't feel like a finale at all. I liked some of the shit they introduced, like Bilquis working for the tech kid, but the rest of it just felt really flat.

>That was before the abysmal views. It's tentative at this point.
t. your ass

>Why would they do that? The lore's already confusing enough
not sure.

Does anyone know what the show's budget is? It must be quite high surely? Can Starz really afford a second season with such low viewing figures?

>another Bryan Fuller tv show on the cusp of being cancelled long before it can end naturally

she seems to have been recruited by the arab version of tech guy and he "americanized" her with that tinder thing,that means mr world is coordinating all the gods everywhere.

The house and grounds of the finale was absolutely beautiful.

I rarely feel bad about being poor until i see something like that.

Also, does the book ever go into other older 'non-gods' - like the modern ones are Internet, Media or whatever, but surely things like Money, Aesthetics etc would be older examples of things that weren't gods but people worshipped.

Nigga, it's pulling more views than black sails was. It's more because of the network it's on and it's on amazon too which doesn't count in the figures.

It went from .97 of a million to, .607 of a million. It's trash and it's getting Trashed!

>but surely things like Money, Aesthetics etc would be older examples of things that weren't gods but people worshipped
There were gods of those things which were worshipped. A lot of gods represent more than a single domain.

But shouldn't Money and Drugs be New Gods?

It's done. you're all delusional. it's finished.

best character from this culster fuck of a show

This show felt extremely flat to me overall.

For years I've had people recommend that I read the book, and I always put it off for some reason. This show made me glad I never read it.

I'm not saying it was objectively bad, just that it didn't meet my expectations.

Thinking about it, fuck tech
Instagram, Tinder, Facebook... Social Media should be a God by itself. It's not like Stacy Normie's off worshiping the internet or computers, she's worshiping her phone and the platforms that give her attention

>the show feels flat
>makes me glad I never read the book
I don't see the logic there m8, the show feels flat because it's a bad adaptation of the book.

She actually comes off as sympathetic and justifiably furious in the show while Gaiman kind of wrote her off as a one note bitch.

Where did all the Jesuses go during the confrontation?

>money and drugs
>things that have existed for centuries at the very least
There have been countless gods of wealth and decadence throughout history.

If it wasn't for the (admittedly annoying) Laura scenes, we wouldn't get the Nick Sobotka The Leprechaun scenes, and he steals the show.

too busy turning the other cheek

well to be fair i can't tell it's a bad adaptation since i haven't read the book.

regardless, the show didn't encourage me to read it.