What are the opinions on Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated? I finally saw the show in its entirety recently...

What are the opinions on Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated? I finally saw the show in its entirety recently, and wanted to hear what other people thought of it.

The general Sup Forumsnsensus is that Mystery Inc. is the best Scooby Doo show, and only competes with Zombie Island for best thing in the franchise.

It's pretty great. What I don't like is how it pretty much raised the series' standard. I mean if Be Cool launched before it, I doubt it would have gotten much hate. Plus there's the fans who seriously think that it was cancelled and they could have gotten a Miskatonik U Series if it wasn't for the EEEEVIL CN Heads.

It had best Fred though (Be Cool Fred is 2nd Best)

It's a mega shit soap opera* that revolves around whose guy wants to rape what girl. It involves lovecrafyian squids as well.

*Cartoons should only be for rapeable little children according to all of Sup Forums, never anything mature.

It's a mega shit soap opera* that revolves around whose guy wants to rape what girl. It involves lovecrafyian squids as well.

*Cartoons should only be for rapeable little children according to all of Sup Forums, never anything mature

The recent movies are also up there.

I really enjoyed it. It was great seeing things escalate to an insane degree.

>It's a mega shit soap opera* that revolves around whose guy wants to rape what girl
...What? Fred was oblivious to Daphne's advances for half the series and Shaggy wanted to get out of his relationship with Velma pretty early on.

It was a glorious thing.

They didn;t nail the characters.
Any Scooby Doo show that doesnt get them perfect, like Zombie Island, is pretty much doom. The reason the show has lasted this long is how likable the characters and group dynamic are.

They shouldn't have made Velma so obsessed with romance.

>romance
she wanted dick

Velma became a little too sour after breaking up with Shaggy, I think. I legit wondered why she stuck with the group.

I would've liked it better if it were like Watchmen more. Like a deconstruction of mystery solvers/Scooby Doo rip offs with obvious pastiches of already existing characters.

I just think the character's personalities were too radically redesigned to really "be" the usual gang and I probably would like them more if they were originals based off the gang.

Am i the only one who felt the old scooby doo theme song should have played during the last episode?

Second Best Blue Falcon.

>not "What's New Scooby Doo"

>Plus there's the fans who seriously think that it was cancelled and they could have gotten a Miskatonik U Series if it wasn't for the EEEEVIL CN Heads.

It wasn't cancelled, but CN treated it badly, mainly how it had many hiatuses despite other countries airing episodes, and that burnout of the final few episodes.

The Miskatonic University thing was planned as a possible premise for season three, since the show was a huge hit internationally. The main story they meant to tell with Nibiru and such had finished, so they weren't too bummed about it.

It completely loses me after episode 20 of season 2

>Fred Green

I love it.

"What's New" takes place after Zombie Island, long after the gang's teen era.

>huge hit internationally

I wish I went my whole life not knowing that Warner Bros had every reason to make a third season.

Same thing happened with Brave and the Bold, but at least in that case, the overseas success had CN greenlight a half extra season.

I'm not bummed, though. They managed to tell the story they wanted. Miskatonic U would make for a better spin-off series instead.

Brave and the Bold had the best finale I've ever seen in my entire life.

It's true, Mystery Incorporated might be the only show on television that really stuck the landing when it comes to both myth arcs and character arcs.

Season 2 was absurdly over the top, even for Scooby-Doo and I just couldn't get into it.

We're supposed to care about Marcy being shot when she nearly murdered ugly jimmy?
And they made Mr E into a total chump