Sup Forums-core fine arts/culture/educational programming

Including, but not limited to:
>current content from PBS, BBC, Classic Arts Showcase, TCM, WNET, certain Fathom Events broadcasts
>classics from Bravo, A&E, Discovery, TLC, History back when they were still highbrow

Trying again since the last one died

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o7wdAiq0bk8
m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/545/if-you-dont-have-anything-nice-to-say-say-it-in-all-caps
historyvault.com/collections
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

The arts are dead

My 600lb Life is pretty educational

No

ONE LIL EGGROLL

I enjoy Classic Arts Showcase sometimes when I'm layin in bed. Been mostly annoying opera vids lately...

I really enjoyed the BBC's A History of Britain. Fairly comprehensive, sparked my interest in British history really.

This might be a stretch, as they're probably too political, but Adam Curtis' documentaries both have artistic merit and intriguing content that sometimes blows my mind.

I would like more suggestions though.

>inb4 arguing about funding of PBS

Nature was /an/kino
youtube.com/watch?v=o7wdAiq0bk8

You're barking up the wrong tree. This place is full of uneducated plebians.
I listen to radio lab and prairie home companion.
I miss old npr news. Frank Deford is dead, Diane Rehm is retired, and I don't listen to it much. My local radio shows have gone full social justice, when it used to be local news and human interest.
m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/545/if-you-dont-have-anything-nice-to-say-say-it-in-all-caps
This is the last TAL I listened to.
I can't even listen to car talk reruns now that tom magliozzi is dead.

I love adam curtis's documentaries. All watched over by machines of loving grace.

"is my favorite" is what I forgot to add

>I really enjoyed the BBC
Welcome to the club

Tv is the base pop culture board. Apparently there's no place for art in media anymore.

It's sad. Where the hell are we supposed discuss stuff like this anymore?

Go to reddit libcuck

What's the point to living once the GOAT goes? He can't have much time left.

I'm sure r/thedonald is missing an idiot.

Keep circlejerking National Progressive Radio, Progressive Broadcasting Station, and the "BBC"

There's less than 20 posts here and you're 1/5 of them. Take the Sup Forums bitching where it belongs

History Channel has a new subscription service for all their old documentaries

what's it called senpai

History vault

Thanks. I was expecting more content desu. They don't even have that one series about the czars I remember watching when I was a kid.
historyvault.com/collections

Smithsonian Channel is still true to form these days

>A&E
>TLC
>Bravo

How are any of these highbrow? A&E is Duck Dynasty and Storage Wars, TLC is Honey Boo Boo and morbidly obese people, and Bravo is just LGBT reality tv

Bump

A&E was good about twenty years ago. I always think of TLC as the freakshow network though, and no idea what was good about Bravo.

I LUV BBC XD

Who else really enjoys BBQ with Franklin? It's such a comfy show

they have some good stuff.

Sometimes it's pretty cheesy and silly, like the Iceman Mummy Murder thing (complete with their ripoff enactments where the Iceman straight up THROWS A DUDE OFF A CLIFF), but they have lots of informational documentaries.

It's a religious-themed series, but Bishop Barron's "Pivotal Players" was a very good PBS series. I don't know if it had a national release, but I did watch episodes here in the Midwest.