Do you miss these days, brit/pol/acks?

Do you miss these days, brit/pol/acks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XuW2RAv8pfY
youtube.com/watch?v=C4vkBWLmnZA
youtube.com/watch?v=Res3-YX4X8g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7Uf6fP1Vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it weren't for those damn nigs we would have an aircraft carrier.

The country was whiter back then, but the Falklands war is overglorified. We only won because the frogs were feeling sympathetic and gave us the codes to the missiles they sold to the Argies. And now we repay them by leaving the EU and not helping them with the refugee crisis baka.

remove argie

youtube.com/watch?v=XuW2RAv8pfY

even though they are LHDs user they could easily be refurbished to base Harriers

theres a difference between the countries that have been to the moon and the countries that use ramps

>ramp

of course it's overglorified

you guys fought fucking VENEZUELA

thats like america stomping madagascar and feeling good about it afterwards

no one cares bro, lives were lost over some shitty piece of land thousands of miles away from anyone who cares

Why did they decomission those carriers? They weren't that old, most carriers are in service much longer. They could have gone the standard way for most carriers and refit them and enlarge the flight deck.

You cucks go on about Grenada.

At least we had those days, can you say the same?

youtube.com/watch?v=C4vkBWLmnZA

>Be on Soviet destroyer
>See four of these screaming towards you at sea level
>wat do?

argentina, i meant argentina

That's true, but our government sill never do it.

It was only thirty years ago. That's not exactly the distant past.

Because they're expensive to maintain, and how can you justify throwing money at the defence budget when Munqebko Ququmba and his 6 children are still waiting on the housing benefits queue for their 10 bedroom house in Chelsea?

Is that
a ramp?

We fought a war with 18,000km supply lines during the Antarctic winter against an enemy who outnumbered us 15-1 and was in an entrenched position.

The US JCOS predicted ahead of time that the war would be unwinnable without the use of nuclear weapons. All things considered, I think we did quite well. Also, it was Argentina.

the closest thing would hark back to the 10th century so realistically no

I have never heard anyone talking about Grenada or even posting about it on Sup Forums.

Not really.

Your own Military even said that to mount a successful counter offensive would be near impossible... But we did anyway.

>no one cares bro, lives were lost over some shitty piece of land thousands of miles away from anyone who cares

Oh just like Vietnam? Oh wait, you actually lost that one kek.

tbqh you got lucky with taking out the General Belgrano. That is what caused the argentinian navy to run away with its tail between its' legs.

Chances are if they remained active they'd cause you some trouble.

Belgrano wasn't the first ship we got. We hunted down and disabled a submarine too before we hit the Belgrano. It wasn't luck just our subs are really good and the argies never would stand a chance against them- had their navy continued we'd have sunk their aircraft carrier next

tired englishmen desperately repeating an argument that allows them to cling to something resembling relevance in the world stage

pretty sad, really

It was undeniably loss of Belgrano that caused them to run away tho. They'd get rekt either way but if they remained in combat they would make retaking the Falklands more costly.

Was this the last war Britain was relevant in?

Gulf War and the wars on terror we were second largest contributors to behind America

>what if
>they could've
>they should've
>you would've

Sorry life isn't your military fanfic. We won. Deal with it.
We travelled halfway across the globe in winter to bitchslap Reagan's puppet regime in South America against all the advice from US "military experts" all the while dealing with a recession at home. I feel sorry for anyone who isn't British tbqh.

Deal
With
It

>US JCOS predicted ahead of time that the war would be unwinnable without the use of nuclear weapons

It really is horrifying how PC culture won't let anyone acknowledge low IQ spics as being incapable, to the point they fear their war capabilities.

Luck had nothing to do with it, they were trying a pincer movement. The Belgrano + 2 was to the South-West and the Veinticinco de Mayo + 5 to the North. They had to do something and the choice was obvious.

Not really, in those days all the industry in my town was being dismantled by the government, turning everyone who lived here into unemployed welfare leeches.

Elvis Costello & Robert Wyatt captured it all at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=Res3-YX4X8g

Considering the industries only survived thanks to government subsidises, they were already welfare leeches, user.

>We only won because the frogs were feeling sympathetic and gave us the codes to the missiles they sold to the Argies.

Le codes meme.

What french did was preventing further deliveries of missiles to Argies and providing training for RN by doing lot simulated attacks on task force. Argies had like 8 air lauched versions of Exocet in their stockpile.

US admin had no idea how the war would end up. Secretary of state bet on totally white country and secretary of Navy was bongboo, so he advanced deliveries of latest model of Sidewinder to bongs at expense of US Navy delivery slots. As result Brits had all aspect version of Sidewinder in their disposal while Argentines had only rear aspect version. Brits didn't even use that advantage.

At least we don't lose a war against Vietnam or Iraq.

He wasn't being rude.

Well, despite the memes, Argentina is as white as the US.

Wait why do Americans even comment on anything military?

They're literally the p4p shittest white military.

Everyone knows Britain punches well above it's weight.

Maybe we need to come back and train you on how things work again, just how we trained your special forces.

Britain was considered weak at the time so I wouldn't consider it overglorified, after the war was over nobody thought that again. Soviets even re-considered our capabilities after.

Lesson learned is that maybe having a woman in charge isn't the best of ideas if you want peace.

>you guys fought fucking VENEZUELA
Oh dear, opinion dropped.

>a fucking ramp

Those days aren't over. If the Argentinians tried anything funny again they'd have an even tougher time because of the permanent British garrison on the Islands.

also BASED GURKHAS
youtube.com/watch?v=ZA7Uf6fP1Vg

>bloody marvelous

Because you gobble our balls on every issue we are involved in. Our gun rights? You comment on them. Our elections? You comment on them. Our scandals? You comment on them.

Fuck off you cucks, nobody fucking cares and we will comment on what ever the fuck we want because unlike you fags we have free speech.

I dont comment on your issues america-kun

Wouldn't the older Invincible class catriers even be able to carry and launch the VTOL/STOL variant of the F-35? From what I know Italy will also get F- 35 to replace their harriers on their light catriers.

Building two brand new fleet carrier sized boats unable to launch anything better than the old Invincibles seems kinda silly given the huge cost.

It's what's below the deck just as much as on top.

Also the 35B is STOVL, not quite VTOL.

But I've no idea about the old carriers. They were probably more victim of government incompetence and bad budgets than anything else.

Not even memeing here but I don't understand how this war feels so epic to the British, sure we had state of the art aircraft, exocet missiles, and an aircraft carriet but still we were just a regional power.

If I was British I would be proud of the Empire days 1880-1950 not about some two month skirmish that feels like a footnote in history more than anything.

Yeah mang, Newsweek was epic. Then they stopped the print edition, then they brought it back, now even the dodgy International Business Times is bigger. Shit, does Newsweek even exist any more?

hands down my favorite plane.
buccaneer looks amazing.

Is the Vulcan the most HIGH TEST fighter ever fielded?

yes, i notice the czechs don't have a ramp, as there is nothing to attach it to.

bump

kek

Agreed.

Britain is always underestimated by our enemies.

>lol you're just a small irrelevant little island

But they quickly change their tune once they see what we're capable of.

We didn't create the greatest empire the world has ever seen by being meek.

Yes

Ask a MI6 agent anything

Considering it's a bomber, no.

bumpz

bumpf