Why does this movie and its success anger so many people of different kind, but still manages to exceed expectations?

Why does this movie and its success anger so many people of different kind, but still manages to exceed expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/58681079/#58681079
youtu.be/b3R6nLeay3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it was all good until the cheesy as fuck finale.

The only people I've seen it anger are manbabies. The vast majority of functional human beings love it.

this movie sucked my dick

The only valid criticism I have seen is that WW1 is a really bad setting and the really bad cgi clusterfuck ending.

Is it successful? Because I never heard anyone talking about it. Maybe it's only US speciffic? How's the international box office?

Why can't you shut the fuck up about it for a day? You freaks didn't shill The Force Awakens this hard even though it's the same shit.

>nah brah copying superman and little mermaid is totally different than copying star wars

Oh please, superheroes are cheesy by their very nature.

yeah it made over 500mil i think.
Because people shat on in before release, once it got high reviews and tons of money. It btfo those people shitting on it.

Classic cycle of people saying "i told you so" since forever.

>rightards hate it because "muh strong female protagonist"/perceived feminist propaganda
>leftards hate it because zionist/Israeli army vet actress

Sup Forums for months said critics and their bottom feeders would shill this movie hard for political reasons. Either you're a shill or you're on of the idiots buying into the hype like people did for The Force Awakens.

Ares was a ridiculous reveal, ridiculous motives, absolutely ridiculous character on the same lines of Skeletor or Megatron.

Power of love? Seriously? That "I love you", I believe in love followed by a kamehameha wave with her floating down slowly.

That flying off into the sunset.

That was full blown cheese and not cool at all.

I'm actually kind of relieved that I'm not the only one who noticed the blatant Little Mermaid ripoff.

It's like they shot-for-shot copied the most iconic scene from TLM and didn't even try to hide it.

Yeah okay, you're right. That was 90s anime-tier cheese.

I loved it.

I thought it would suck balls. I really did, Gal Gadot making those goofy as fuck facial expressions in the trailers made me think this movie would blow ass.

>Cheesy is one of the words banned in my world. I’m tired of sincerity being something we have to be afraid of doing. It’s been like that for 20 years, that the entertainment and art world has shied away from sincerity, real sincerity, because they feel they have to wink at the audience because that’s what the kids like. We have to do the real stories now. The world is in crisis.

>I wanted to tell a story about a hero who believes in love, who is filled with love, who believes in change and the betterment of mankind. I believe in it. It’s terrible when it makes so many artists afraid to be sincere and truthful and emotional, and relegates them to the too-cool-for-school department. Art is supposed to bring beauty to the world.

>Sup Forums for months said critics and their bottom feeders would shill this movie hard for political reasons.
This movie was literally up in the air. It could've been anyone's guess. It was the conundrum for Critics to choose if they loved token feminism more than they hate DCEU. In the end we learned what prevailed.

I was fully expecting it to be a horrible movie with a dash of topical horseshit but it completely blew away both those expectations. It was a solid superhero film. Not among the best, and certainly not worth a 92% on RT, but solid and entertaining none the less.

the whole movie was good until then. If you want to portray a story on the same lines as a saturday morning cartoon more power to you, but it doesn't make it any less terrible.

They're literally movies about comic books.

On top of it they struck gold with Chris Pine and their Chemistry. Unless they pull some fucking fairy dust out of their ass Wonder Woman 2 is going to be considerably less good.

Plus you have to sift through all those terrible Wonder Woman villains.

so fucking based

you should have apologized Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

I warned you. I warned you so many times. For 2 fucking years I warned you.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/58681079/#58681079

How does it fucking feel to get so BTFO?

How does it fucking feel?

They could bring in Circe and the not-totally-furry Cheetah and revive Steve with a convenient Lazarus Pit

Yeah and it is a good thing they don't lift directly from comicbooks and make it considerably more "real".

In case you noticed bringing this superhero fantasy into reality and grounding it is what made it good. Cheeseball superhero movies don't work anymore and this one did because 90% of the movie wasn't cheeseball.

it revitalized the interest in DC and the superhero flims again. I can't remember when was the last time i cared about characters in a capeshit movie but the chemistry between Pine and Gadot is so fucking awesome i can't help but baww whenever i saw them.

Definitely the main thing I disliked, but I also hated her taking machine gun fire with her shield (it was a fucking trench, how was she not getting shot at from either flank as well?) and the unexplainable bit where Chris Pine is the first person to ever find this island even though it's like just off mainland Europe.

Everything else was formulaic but passable. A few good scenes. 7/10.

>tfw I remember years ago those rumors about a Wonder Woman movie starring Megan Fox that had the internet convinced

Oh, what a drastically different beast this movie would have turned out to be if that had been true.

youtu.be/b3R6nLeay3c
it's shit

>shilling your shitty Youtube vlogs on Sup Forums

Fuck off.

I'll get over it in far, far, far, far less time that you would even remembered being right about it.

>thinks cheesy = sincerity
>thinks art can only be the one thing she thinks it is

all the edgy depressing shit IS does artists being sincere, truthful, and emotional. it sounds like she's the one that wants to turn a blind eye to reality and look at the rainbow wall painting instead

>$0.50 have been deposited into your back account - Warner Bros

> WW1 is a really bad setting and the really bad cgi clusterfuck ending.
Only the second is actually true.

I have no idea op.

fuck i'd kill to get paid to shill for $0.50. CTR shareblue only gives us 0.50 rubbles for every 3 replies on our post and the thread must at least reach 200 posts

It could've been handled a bit better but that's 100% Wonder Woman.

t. butthurt Snyderfag

>it revitalized the superhero flims again.
>will be the lowest grossing superhero flick by the end of the year

Because Ralph the Movie Maker said it was bad

its propaganda

As boring and flavorless as a three-day-old grilled cheese sandwich that’s been left out in the sun, “Wonder Woman” is yet another reminder that the superhero genre is a lost cause. How much longer can Hollywood pursue this thematically bankrupt and soulless children’s movie genre is anyone’s guess. There needs to be a 10-year moratorium on CGI. I'm not kidding. Lars Von Trier could make films for the rest of his career based on this one's budget, and they'd all be 100 times better.

The filmmakers here (director Patty Jenkins — “Monster”) set modern feminism back a hundred years in more ways than one. The narrative backdrop is World War I. Cough. It took the screenwriters putting the story back 100 years so they could have good guys and bad guys completely removed from the complex problems of the modern world. "Innocent women and children are dying." Uh-huh. Got it.

Characters speak with laughably wandering accents that point to poor preparation on the part of actors and filmmakers alike. Newbie screenwriter Allan Heinberg crafts dialogue that puts fish to sleep. The pacing and editing is so slack that any chance of dramatic suspense is out the window long before the film’s excruciating 141 minutes gratefully ends. Here’s a movie that not even Hollywood’s best editor could find something resembling mediocrity could extract. The best thing the movie has to offer is Lindy Hemming’s inventive costumes design for Gal Gadot’s heroine of (ostensibly) lesbian descent.