So everyone knows modern Carol is basically Poochie, but why? Why on earth do they keep pushing this awful character?

So everyone knows modern Carol is basically Poochie, but why? Why on earth do they keep pushing this awful character?

The old Carol at least had a fun gimmick. This one is just the most milquetoast female character imaginable whose only personality traits are "has a cat" and "lesbian hair,"

Her new series is actually passable.

I mean, it's nothing amazing, but you get glimpses of that old angry Carol every once and awhile.

Because "has a cat" and "lesbian hair" are the only traits of people who actually pay for that shit book. Pander to your audience.

because the old character wasn't making them any money
you can either give all your money to marvel to bribe them into making good art, or you can accept everything will be shit
or you can go do something about how fucking terrible most people are. that's what i'm trying to do.

They needed a female poster child and unfortunately none of the other prominent female heroes fit the bill.

She-hulk is a poor promotion and everyone knows it
Storm is X-men related and there's no point in promoting them in marvels opinion, same for Rogue, and the Invisible woman thanks to Fox.

Outside those four I doubt there's a whole lot of female marvel heroes that casuals have actually heard of, Carol simply got lucky cause, A) Marvel is in her damn name and B) her Male counterpart had been dead for more than a decade.

She-Hulk actually has/hda a decent character and is a much stronger character than Carol has ever been.

Also pushing Carol is good for them since it shits on DC's Captain Marvel.

Not trash talking the character, I love Jen.

But lets be honest If you're trying to attract people who have never read the books, cause you gotta have every shekel and penny out there, She-hulk just comes off as a cheap gimmick and spin-off character, and not a real character themselves.

and they can hide the fact that carol is one too.

>She-hulk just comes off as a cheap gimmick and spin-off character, and not a real character themselves.
Well I guess it's a good thing they didn't kill of Bruce and make Jen the new Hulk.

Again, GENERAL AUDIENCE seems to allude you.

Walk up to any idiot on the street and ask them who the hulk is and they can tell you, but ask them who Mar-vell is or who the kree are, and they're not gonna know what the fuck you're talking about.

They're just gonna see she-hulk as a joke, and Carol as something new, even though she's an old character who has been completely stripped of everything she once was that made her interesting, and rebranded as a empty carbon copy of better heroes.

that's what i meant when i said they can hide it.

because they don't have the movie rights to the female characters people actually care about

>because the old character wasn't making them any money
but this one isn't either.

>allude

Wasp was a founding Avenger
Monica Rambeau was the first female Black Avenger, she was also Captain Marvel

No but see ALL HEROES were male until like, the current year, because of toxic masculinity and fragile male pride. That Mockingbird issue told me so.

>domestic violence victim
>black female

neither is marketable m8

>>domestic violence victim
then don't market her as such, it's not like normies are aware of this, and honestly her bout with domestic violence was one page, and some lip service.

too much baggage, they killed her off just so they wouldn't have to deal with the stigma

a blank slate like nuCarol is exactly what they want

Carol Sucks