X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Synopsis And Character Breakdowns

>In 1991, the X-Men - Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy), Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), Cyclops (Tye Sheridan), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), Beast (Nicholas Hoult) and Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) - continue fighting for pacific co-existence between humans and mutants. However, Jean's vast telepathic and telekinetic powers, first awakened during the battle against Apocalypse, soon attract the attention of Lilandra (Jessica Chastain), Empress of the Shi'ar Galactic Empire. Believing Jean to be the newest incarnation of the Dark Phoenix, an ancient cosmic entity of unparalled power and cruelty, Lilandra and her forces come to Earth to execute her before the Phoenix can be awakened, forcing the X-Men to join forces with their old enemy Magneto (Michael Fassbender) in order to both defend Jean and prevent the Phoenix from unleashing her wrath upon the universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3Y2tc9fwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Quicksilver and Jubilee are apparently not returning, but Fox is casting several new characters.

>HIROSHI [Male, Early-Mid 20s, Japanese]. A brash Tokyo punk kid with an attitude. Although Hiroshi is young, he can command the attention of a room and is always ready for a fight. Must be able to speak English fluently, but open to an accent (could be Japanese, British…). LEAD.

Reportedly, this is Sunfire. Japanese popstar Rain was attached to the role, but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts.

>SHANE [Male, 16, Caucasian]. A cocky, handsome kid with swagger. He is strong and doesn’t back down easily, so he can come off as an insensitive bully at times. LEAD.

>COLIN [Male, 16, Caucasian]. Handsome, but not arrogant. Always willing to help a friend in need, no matter what it costs him. Although he is sensitive, he is not a pushover and will stand up for what he believes. LEAD.

>LUCCA [Male, 40s-50s, Brazilian]. Ruthless and cunning, will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Must be able to speak English fluently, but can have an accent. SUPPORTING.

>BRITTANY [Female, 15-17, Caucasian]. Very attractive, charismatic and confident. A bit edgy with a fiery personality, Brittany is a born entertainer. Strong singing skills are a plus, but not mandatory. SUPPORTING.

>JACK [Male, Late 40s-Early 50s, British, open to all ethnicities]. Handsome, charismatic and masculine. Jack is very self-assured, almost cocky, but too cool to show it. Even in the most tense situations, he never shows fear. SUPPORTING.

>WILLIAM [Male, Early 50s, Caucasian]. A grounded, earnest middle-aged man. William carries a heaviness and a deep sense of sadness with him. SUPPORTING.

>HOOVER [Male, 30s-40s, open to all ethnicities]. A man with a very strong presence, Hoover is an incredibly smart and serious intelligence officer. SUPPORTING.

>LUNA [Female, Mid-Late 20s, open to all ethnicities]. Beautiful, could possibly have a severe look. Luna is intense and exudes a sense of power. Although she is a commanding presence, she is also slightly unhinged. SUPPORTING.

>SCARLET [Female, 20s, open to all ethnicities]. Very beautiful and fit. She is powerful and never backs down from an argument. Role requires a good deal of action/movement. Actresses with major dance, parkour, gymnastics or martial arts training are a huge plus. Should not be afraid of heights and must be comfortable in a wire harness. SUPPORTING.

These are rumored to all be members of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. "Hoover" is confirmed to be an alien.

>quicksilver not returning

why the fuck not? i want him to tell fassbender that hes his kid

>MARIE [Female, 6 years old, Caucasian]. An old soul trapped in a little girl’s body. Marie is a strong, but conflicted child who does not like to share her feelings. There’s something a bit eerie and haunted about her. MUST be able to show a wide array of emotions with ease. SUPPORTING.

There's rumors this might be a young Rogue.

>HAMILTON [Male, 12 years old, open to all ethnicities]. Chubby, sweet, innocent and genuine. Although he frequently gets picked on, he never lets it get to him. SUPPORTING.

>CHARLOTTE [Female, early-mid 30s, Caucasian]. A caring, warm mother. Charlotte can be stern at times, but she just wants what is best for her child. SUPPORTING.

>REDMOND [Male, 50s-Early 60s, open to all ethnicities]. An affluent, big, stocky, ruddy American. Not necessarily fit, just physically imposing. Powerful, arrogant and blunt, Redmond is not used to being challenged and steamrolls anyone who opposes him. SUPPORTING.

>no Jubilee

but the girl who played her is an ultra qt

>Quicksilver and Jubilee are apparently not returning

are they retarded

>forcing the X-Men to join forces with their old enemy Magneto (Michael Fassbender)

could this be any more overused...

>forcing the Xmen to join forces with their old enemy magneto

what? The end of apocalypse had Charles and Erik on good terms, he literally let him walk out the door AND he even rebuilt the Xmansion?

>Another Xmen movie without Wolverine

Pass. I'm done with Xmen

Wolverine has been in literally every single Xmen up until now user

Did they do the whole Phoenix plot already?

I refuse to watch any X-men film with J law in it after the second one.

Yes and it was rushed shit just like this one will be

Can we do xmen vs the avengers already

> Jennifer Lawrence forced into a lead part AGAIN
> Director with zero experience who wrote such classics as X-Men: The Last Stand, XXX: State of the Union, and Fantastic Four.
> Remove the most popular character in the previous two movies
> Rushing the Dark Phoenix storyline despite Jean Grey having hardly any development.

Yeah guys, this is totally not going to suck.

>Quicksilver apparently not returning
And all reason to see this film jumps out the window.
Good job Fox you fucked it up again.

Not Deadpool.

>forcing the X-Men to join forces with their old enemy Magneto
How is he even their enemy? Every time they see him, he helps them out and then disappears for a decade.

at least he's in aveng-

I look at the poster and I cant tell if Ive watched it or not.
Theres so many xmen movies... and they're all shit.

X-men even marvel or dc? Fucking geek mass culture confuses me.

>finally jubilee is in a movie
>do absolute nothing
>get cut from returning to the sequel

Can Singer kill himself already? Can someone else take over x-men from now on? This is beyond retarded.

Singer isn't directing this. Simon Kinberg is.

These movies are a stack of fuck.

>no Quicksilver
Fuck this shit, he's the best mutant on screen during the younger X-men.
Even if they only use him for one scene.

>a cocky handsome boy with swagger

I like both quicksilvers, am I a bad person?

Not gonna lie. I am not excited. Maybe because I am older now? I'm not sure, but these movies no longer hold any excitement for me.

>quicksilver gone

lol, not buying a ticket

>Japanese popstar Rain

what, Rain is korean

no, but it must suck for you that other characters keep getting appearances while ones you liked don't.

>all those normal x men
>mystique for no reason

One of these things aint like the other

Already got made.
>youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3Y2tc9fwc

She does nothing in everything she's in. Most worthless character ever.

>No Juliebee

why the fuck was she even in the other one when they didnt even use her. she legit had like 10 seconds worth of scenes that made the cut yet the actress did a shit ton of promo

Who cares he is hot as fuck.

I was just thinking, she's with them before the mall and returns in the car before the explosion and that's it.
What the fuck was the point of her?

I was upset when they killed him off in Age of Ultron, and no one else died... Maybe the actor for the other movies has gotten tired of his role?

back to tumblr with you, obsessive faggot

Is it sad that I like the MCU and even I forget avengers 2 happened. Fuck that movie sucked.

>dark phoenix
>stupid ass j.law front and center

>Jubille not returning
Man, fuck FOX.
Seriously.
Fucking hell.

Three movies and Beast still looks like a dork

is cyclops the second in command yet like the comic or is this trash still not worth watching?

>these pics go viral when leaked
>these scenes get cut

Fox really is stupid. They seem totally detached from what people like and want. They need someone media relations person working for them.

thats true, i wouldnt mind breeding dat ass

I'm so fucking over this franchise
Reboot when?

Who gives a shit they are all dead anyway. Magneto is right in every timeline.

Supposed to actually have her 3 lines during the cut mall scene. Still a dumb decision to abandon her and take that detour to Weapon X and Wolverine just for their armor suits.

Is it really so hard for the teens to want to step up and save their beloved professor without going there?

>tumblr filename
callled it

now go back there please we dont need anymore overly obsessive faggots who like chinks

Considering we never really see what happens when Logan changed history besides him waking up and everyone is alive.
Yeah everyone is dead in Logan, but Fox can make up complete new stories since Logan changed the timeline.

DOFP messed with time, and Deadpool 2 is all but confirmed to mess with time. Giving us multiple endings to different timelines.They cut a line in Logan where Logan was married to Jean and says he had to kill her, it's totally its own thing.

hnng

With Mystique still there, he's like ninth in command. Even Beast has more importance, it seems.

But he also wrote DOFP and produced Deadpool and Logan. Hopefully hes learned his ways

Is this where I'm supposed to meet Mr. Singer? I saw him at a pool party and he said he had an opening for a part, or he had a art for my opening or something. Anyway, I insist on doing my own backstage stunts.

Let's face it, the guy is average writer. Some good, some bad. Producer credits can be murky.

>time travel
>multiple timelines
>magneto is some passive old wise man
what the fuck did they do to x-men

Kinberg said recently that he knows people prefer personal stories (Logan) more than big world ending catastrophes (apocalypse) so i guess thats a good sign

Well two of those things are spot on.....

Only reason worth watching the series

Honestly, Kindberg is not the problem. We can shit on his failures, but look at his success. Jumper, Sherlock Holmes, DOFP, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, his work on star wars. He can do well if given the freedom. The question is, is him directing a sign of Fox giving him more creative control, or fox using kindberg to maintain studio control. We have no idea which it is yet. The man is a puppet when he needs to be.

That means that we'll get a character piece on Mystique and her saving us from the evil phoenix.

>pacific
I don't think that word means what they think it means.

>in 1991
i like this
its a year before the animated series came out
im hoping that it draws from it in an artistic way