Did you guys see this?

It's like /gfg/ literally wrote this. It's too damn familiar. Actually does this guy post here? Sure seems like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tww2PhIJuB4
youtube.com/watch?v=_IQ76q1EYS0
youtube.com/watch?v=oRGZrTEVJ00
youtube.com/watch?v=ZECcn0cuIII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forgot the link:

Also, is he right?

what does /gfg/ even fucking mean

good question

Gravity Falls General

it died out pretty fast as the show ended, a pretty big sign of how quickly people soured on the show

His points aren't really new, but they are still true.

Alex is a fraud and a retard for not giving it a 3rd season.

But at least it isn't 80% filler episodes like SU

/gfg/ was pretty dead for the entire last year or so

blame fifty billion hiatuses

also /gfg/ did get banned as soon as the show ended and during the many hiatuses to be fair

wrong url, same as above but there's another video about this here:

youtube.com/watch?v=_IQ76q1EYS0

the term is Hack

also GF was 100% filler episodes because there wasn't really a plot anyway

who was the author? didn't really matter

What was Bill? just some guy

What did the symbols mean? nothing really

why was everything weird? because it was weird idk aliens or something

BUY THE THIRD JOURNAL TO FIND OUT ONLY $49.95!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=oRGZrTEVJ00

youtube.com/watch?v=ZECcn0cuIII

PIEGUYRULZ and JelloApocalypse are literally the only people outside of Sup Forums that I've seen speak negatively about some aspects of the finale, why is that?

Zionist brainwashing

I'm actually kidding, a lot of people just don't think you can like a show and criticize it at the same time

>Content stops coming
>Generals stop

This is how it's supposed to be and I don't think is indicative of anyone "souring" on the show.

Pieguy is also the only SU fan I've seen make criticism towards SU outside of Sup Forums he's my favorite cartoon critic

I think if /gfg/ was still alive, it wouldn't be full of fans, it would be full of people calling Alex a hack, people complaining about the finale,etc.
It's probably for the best that it's dead

-

Grendip is best ship.

Reminder that Journal 3 and the inevitable bill statue hunt will be way better than season 2B.

They needed 3 seasons and a movie to wrap this thing up.

Also the movie would need to be rated R.

>shit art for shit ship
How ironic

The theme song is the best thing ever, and I remember watching through season 1 hoping that the twins would eventually stop fawning over impossible love interests and get to some mystery hunting with Uncle Stan.

I love the jokes and the stories of each episode, even if sometimes it ended in a typical Disney fashion where the character learns something and needs to explain their growth at the end.

The fandom is phenomenal and I love how the codes were quickly solved by fans and available on the wiki for the lazy like me. Also the art is great.

Even if the overall story felt pretty unfulfilling, I'm still happy and grateful that such a wonderful show was made.

>The fandom is phenomenal
Confirmed for having never visited a single /gfg/ thread on Sup Forums.

i guess i dont disagree, but i sure as fuck never got so EMOTIONAL about this as people did. fuckit, she was cute. not-learning-her-lesson made her look like a worse person. that was a knock on her, not a free ride. the SHOW called her out.

Why is most of the fandom dead as a doornail except for the odd giant-breasted Pacifica, incest faggotry, or shipper fanfic while the Bill people churn out more shit than ever? Is it memes?

Autism has a very long half life.

people here thought they were dipper so mabel not worshipping her brother and sucking his cock made them awful mad

I've been rewatching Gravity Falls lately and if there's one thing I noticed, it's how poorly written Dipper is. Every episode is just him actually trying to do something right and move the story along, only to have to stop midway and A P O L O G I Z E to Mabel for whatever the plot demands this time.
For fucks sake Alex really is a hack if he can't even write his protagonist well

he can't get over his nu male fixation with the idea that women can do no wrong.

Fucking newfag.

I never even went to the generals even though I enjoyed the show, but come on.

So is /tlhg/ the new /gfg/?

/gfg/ did at least have mystery and decoding shit and show analysis though, it wasn't 100% waifufagging like /tlhg/ is.

Oh lord the Miraculous one is hilarious
status-quo-yo

I appreciated the fandom for its art and hilarity, although it wasn't always funny for the reasons it was trying to be.

More like $19

They banned /gfg/ during hiatus... which is fricken stupid since other shows still got to have generals during long stretches without episodes...

Also, while the finally was pretty shit, I think there is still a lot of love for it overall.

Did the journal came out yet?

Next month

Never

Where were you when you realized Steven Universe had more substantial mysteries than Gravity Falls the show that's been heavily advertised and pushed based on being a mystery story?

You're a fag

Nowhere since that didn't happen.

Garfield General

Gravity Falls had Ford. That's literally it. The blind eye society, the Stan hints, everything in the show that was a secret was built around the reveal that Stan had a twin brother named Ford who wrote the Journals.

Steven Universe has Pink Diamond, Rose's role in the Rebellion, Pearl's backstory, Garnet as a fusion, the Diamond Authority in general, and Lion, which is just off the top of my head.

I like how they pointed out how terrible Mabel was and how she got literally everything she wanted while dipper always sacrificed for her. As it turns out, only literal autistic fans that self insert as her defend her shittyness.

>Manchildren arguing over which mediocre cartoon had more mysteries.

Oh wait, I forgot where I was.

>user on Sup Forums calling others manchildren
Its like you don't have any self awareness.

We see you, Ruby avatarfag.

DUDE

Generals are cancer. Find something else to talk about during hiatus.

I remember there was a pic that showed Dipper wrapped in a blanket burrito-style, being hypnotized by glitter, and wearing a fluffy, snug sweater. I'm not sure where it is, though.

I no longer feel sorry for Manzi. She sure did dodge a bullet there.

Reading 20th Century Boys.

In the Berenstein universe, we got three seasons of "Gravity Falls" and a TV movie. The big reveal of Stan and Ford being twin brothers was the Season 2 finale, and the lead-in to Weirdmaggedon was Season 3, with Weirdmaggedon itself being the TV movie. Every question we had would be answered over the course of the third season, with some extant questions being relegated to a post-series book series modeled after the three journals.

In this Berenstain universe, we got two seasons. Stan/Ford became the mid-season finale, and Weirdmaggedon became the season/series finale entirely. All questions were left unanswered, with only a handful explained in a single book modeled after Journal #3.

Anyone know where this is?

You kidding, right? Nobody checks all threads to fnd what he want to discuss.

but.... most of season 1 and season 2 are episodic and plotless episodes

Context clues, nigger.

>there's an entire board for generals of another activity labeled /vg/
>hmm i wonder what /gfg/ could mean in a thread about gravity falls

I think he was just frustrated with the way Disney was treating the show. With the way they kept putting it on hiatus he'd probably be chained to Disney for another 3-5 years if he did another season and a movie.

This is pretty cringe. Didn't know he was such a SJW.

>cringe
>sjw

Did my choice of words trigger you friendo

Season 1 was the funniest cartoon since Spongebob. I loved every minute of it. Season 2 was a fucking let down though. It tanked the plot hard. Alex got bored with it and/or "couldn't handle it anymore" and he ended it too soon. Characters suffered, plot suffered, pacing suffered, etc. It really did need three seasons and a feature film. They barely explained any mysteries. All of them were shrugged off like in this post : . The show doesn't really mean anything at all now. I'll still have nostalgia of it (show started when I was 15) and season one was funny but it dropped the ball so fucking hard it's hilarious. Seriously, what happened to the books opening ultimate power or the aliens and where the creatures came from? Also, Bill's homeworld and all these other dropped details like Blendin and where he went and how he even fucking relates to the story. The show went from being well written to laughable. Especially after Not What He Seems, which might be the single best episode of western animation.

Jesus Christ.

>"Working for this company is too haaaaard! I'll just fuck off, who cares about that show anyway? It's only my Opus."

Lazy hack.

>Mabel never learns anything and ends up being a terribly unlikable character because she doesn't have any kind of character arc

Yup, that's pretty much about right.

"show started when I was 15"

Who let this fucking child on Sup Forums?

Alex is a mongoloid and his argument doesn't follow

Putting someone on a Watchlist doesn't strip them of any rights, it just marks them as someone to look out for, which is why making these lists without due process, while prone to abuse, isn't fundamentally a problem.

But once you start using those lists, created without any real oversight, to take away rights from people then you're on a SERIOUSLY slope into authoritarianism.

>(show started when I was 15)
>This person is technically allowed on Sup Forums

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I AM SO FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW

Seconded

>I can either put my career on fucking halt for half a decade while The Mouse releases already finished episodes once in a blue moon for no other reason but to make the show last longer or I can move on and do new things

Yeah, such a lazy hack.

The watchlists were already being used to keep people off airplanes. War on Terror people didn't have a problem with the lists then but now that guns are involved they suddenly have something to say. And once this current incident blows over they're going to be silent on it until the next big shooting.

Yeah, but Gravity Falls had a real mystery, SU has mystery because Sugar attended the Adventure Time School of Being a Backstory Cocktease.

>"I can either finish this project, creating potentially one of the biggest accomplishments in serialized animation and carving my name into the history of the medium or I can leave it half finished, go create a slew of other properties that unlikely to ever reach the heights of my previous project and be forever remembered as a middling hack who can't see things through."

Yup, seems like lazy hack behavior to me.

Disney was doing constant hiatuses because Alex was already wanting to end the show after Season 2. They were hoping they could negotiate with him to make a 3rd Season.

Faggot should've counted himself lucky, Craig & Lauren would probably kill to get 3rd Season for WOY.

>The watchlists were already being used to keep people off airplanes

And in the 2000s it was the people on Alex's side who were howling about the abuse of rights and the patriot act, but when it's THEIR pet issues that require the curbing of rights then they're apparently completely fine with letting the authorities abuse borderline illegal extra-judicial bullshit.

Don't fucking bother presenting this as an issue of hypocrisy, because on that front the left doesn't have a fucking leg to stand on.

Honestly both shows are pretty good.

Mabel really got forgotten and neglected as the show went on, that's all. The show was more invested in the mysteries and therefore Dipper. They should have had Mabel get interested in the mysteries, too.

I think the writing staff and Hirsch in particular were way too in love with Mabel.

Even when she was relevant she was always played up to be a borderline angelic figure who never did lasting harm and only ever did harm at all with the noblest of intentions.

Dipper took some hard knocks when he fucked up he grew and changed and became a better person, Mabel, not so much.

I asked this before but the thread 404'd so I didn't see an answer: does anyone know what these memes from Japanese social media are about? Are they supposed to be making fun of America for preferring its cartoons to anime? Or are the cheering people supposed to represent westaboos?

True, characters who are given excuses by the writers never get a chance to grow and change, and thus be interesting.

They sure were cute, though.

I have a question; did they ever show how Gideon found his Journal?

They were going to at one point but it got cut for time. I can't remember exactly how he found it, but it basically corrupted him and led to him becoming evil

Post more

Source?

As a non-american I just don't understand how the fuck is gun control even an issue to debate about. What exactly do you do with the guns?

Wait, was it the journal, the necklace, or his own thirst for forbidden knowledge and unimaginable power that corrupted him?

>we never actually know what the unimaginable power is (or maybe it was one of Bill's lies? I dunno)

Some use it for protection and/or intimidation, but most of them just like collecting guns, sorta like how people keep trading cards and action figures.
Not an American by the way, how close is my guess?

How is this even question? You don't have to be American to want own/use a gun you autistic fuck. People have their own reasons and just because you don't see any point in having one doesn't mean others shouldnt be allowed to. Some people live in dangerous neighborhoods, and carry for protection, while others own as a hobby for sport or hunting.

>being this mad
Tranquilo, gringo.