Why DCEU movies need to make at least 1billion dollars to be a sucess when most MCU movies don't even reach 700...

Why DCEU movies need to make at least 1billion dollars to be a sucess when most MCU movies don't even reach 700 millions?

Marvel sells toys and other merch which kids buy by the truckload because they were in a movie they just saw, DC does not

Need more money for hair transplant and gyno surgery

>DC doesn't have merchandi-

do I have to buy all those concessions to have the true DCEU kino experience?

>Marvel sells toys and other merch which kids buy by the truckload because they were in a movie they just saw, DC does not
what the flying fuck did i just read? I think KFC or something even had the BvS promotional bucket or happy meal toys

Because it's fucking Superman and Batman, they're icons, their name only have to sell a movie
That's also the reason why Spider-Man got a reboot

Because online narrative is driven by Marvel shills. Their subreddit actively engages in raiding other sites.

Kids dont like snydc and man children dont buy enough merch

>moving the goalpost
he says DC doesn't sell toys and it wsa proven wrong

Remember Disney bought Marvel for billions and are still in red but shills will never mention this.

That has to be complete bullshit considering they bought Lucasfilm for more money and had earned more money on merchandise and licensing than they did on The Force Awakens before that movie had even come out.

Does that mean a Santa Claus movie is a flop at a billion because "he's an icon"? Being well-known has never been a metric for guaranteed success. Everyone knows Dracula but he has no big earners.

What determines success for studios is money invested to money earned. That's it. And in that regard DCEU has been a huge earner for WB.

Show me where Disney did a 4 billion Profit on Star Wars. Not revenue.

Marvel has better collectibles.

The dark and gloomy snyderverse was garbage.

Thankfully he is no longer involved to ruin it further and we can finally experience DC kino starting with Wonder Woman.

asides from Ironman hulkbuster nothing from Marvel was worth buying. Fat Batman was terrible though but the Superman Cavill busts were awesome

>muh opinion
Really all there is to Marvel drones once you call out their obvious lies. Stick to memelord dance offs.

That is irrelevant to what OP asked even though I agree with you

This is about DC and Marvel and again in that regards Superman Batman or even WonderWoman are indeniably bigger names than Iron Man, Captain America, Thor etc. Ask anybody about comics they will immediatly think of one of the trinity, the only exception being Spider-Man
That's why from a studio perspective they have to make more money

Marvel is fast food, DC is not.

Because even Marvel's D-listers like Ant-Man and GotG are making the same amount of money as DC's A-listers, which is insane.

For the same reason Spider-Man needs to make 1bil. When Deadpool doesn't.

TDK and TDKR both made a billion, it sets a precedent. Producers see this as ''Batman can make a billion''. Superman and Batman are probably the most recognisable super heroes on the planet (with Spider-Man), so it should be a no brainer that the first film featuring both of them should be a success similar to The Avengers.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone was waiting for Wonder Woman to make huge bucks.